Europa Universalis 3

Nero

What day works for you (check all that apply)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

2. 2. What day works best for you? (check all that apply)

I had a funny ass game earlier.

Again, playing as Japan. I started out pretty good this time, conquered Ryukku (who was also having a rebellion at the time), became number 1 trader in all of the three trade routes open to me and was on my way to becoming friends with the Vietnamese-esque countries. For the lulz I completely (and mostly accidentally) destroyed a trading centre country, it was quite small but I wanted to annoy them so they'd declare war on me, so I thought purposly using my huge amount of spies for evil purposes would have been a good idea. A rebellion completely destroyed them and everything, and another country saw their weakness, or just tried to save them from the rebels and conquered the rest of the country. Anywho, after my lulage, I entered an alliance with the neighbouring country and they dragged me into some war. When I finally was able to transfer my troops over, they only just reached the border of the country (it was near Nepal) when all of the other countries declared peace, leaving me in the fight alone, to which point I discovered that their country could not support my troops and I guess I was a little lucky they offered a white peace. Things got worse over time, I got obsessed with someone declaring war on me (as I had an army that rivalled Ming, it was for a mission (this also ultimately cost me my economy) So I lost my prestige to insults and claiming the throne of the previously mentioned small country (which then removed my stake to the throne), leaving me near -20 prestige, and only around 60 ducats. No one declared war on me, and I got bored cause I realised medieval Asia was an A-grade troll to glorious Japan.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I suck in comparison to a person who has played this properly, heck I might pick a different country as the one I actually play, I just like playing as Japan.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Dungeonal, Dusty recommended Ottoman Empire, so I'll try it out and see how it goes, when I get my game. Then I might switch.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'm playing generally cause I enjoy the game, although I never pass 50 years, cause I pretty much eff up completely with stupid decisions. :P

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Wait, so if I have the steam version I have to do something special or what? All I have ATM is the original on steam.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Mmm, Morrocco isn't as easy as the first game lead me to believe.

First game:

Castille declares war on Granada, I waltz in, wander around spain smacking down isolated spanish units...then got drawn into a large battle and wiped out. Though by that point I had worked out how to use my ruler as a general (Again) and I had raised a second army to back up my first before I discovered how easy it was to stroll around spain smacking down newly formed armies.

Meanwhile my fleet had twice defeated the Castille navy and I now had 8 Capital ships(up from 4) against their 7(down from 11), so was celebrating my naval prowess.

Meanwhile I had worked out the trading interface and had changed my national idea to colonialism and began colonising Africa.

All is going well, though Granada had been defeated in my absence so I restarted, thinking it was impossible to defend Granada so no point going to war.

So restarted, my empire is growing steadly when holy war is declared by Castille on me...I sally out my navy and kick their transport ship, leaving their 1 troop isolated, so I smash them and all is well.

2 years pass, my empire continues growing when I am told they have landed in Tangier. I sally my navy and army out, one was patrolling, the other killing natives, and they are both wiped out by unfortunate rolls and Tangiers -4 Terrain.

So restart, decide to fight Castille properly....8 games later I have given up trying to help Granda resist after my +4 Shock Leader, in a -5 to them terrain...so +9 to me....was forced to retreat from a 1-3 disadvantaged battle...DESPITE KILLING 1,500 OF THEM AND ONLY 200 OF MY GUYS DYING!!!

And another three game where my Naval All or Nothing tactics failed.

So now I am resorting to trying to build fortress Morrocco and an alliance with Algeria...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Morrocco triumphs!

It was touch and go to begin with...Castille had Grenada on the ropes and Grenada was pointlessly seiging...I was running around kicking several kinds of snot out of Castille's reserve army, when their main army descended on me and I had to run off into northern spain, their army following me.

Anyway, Grenada had taken Cadiz and Tob...something, and was seiging somewhere else. Castille was retaking Cadiz and Tob with two other armies, and had scared my navy off by hiding under a stack of other ships :angry: so my reserves were stuck in Morrocco.

Then wherever Grenada was seiging fell, and I quickly got a peace treaty.

Completely a couple of missions, played for a bit...and the second the truce ran out they attacked Grenada...so went back, positioned my army in Grenada and waited...They declared war, their assault force was dashed to pieces, but, as usual, the war of attrition favoured them and my army got wiped out.

So went back again...this time dissolving the alliance with Grenada, taking a loan and building a fleet of capital ships to rivial theirs. Then set high speed and waited for Grenada to be annexed...but no, instead they just hack off one province...but continue their war against Algeria, Grenada's new ally, landing a 13,000 on the coast...

I quickly allied with Algeria, declared war on Castille and....England intervenes...so I think I am stuffed as England's 31 Capital ships come into view, but then they wander off, leaving 12 transports unprotected...So I nab 2 and sink the rest...bye bye England's attack force.

I, having abandoned all hope of keeping inflation at 0, set treasury to max and set about building an army to smite God with, and then use my pre-existing army to great effect in chasing the Castillen army around Algeria, anhillating it.

The war carries on and England lands troops in Tangiers...getting met by my 1,000 strong defence force, holding them off just long enough for my massive army to swing back and crush them, and, after a dozen more naval battles, Castille decides it isn't worth it and agrees to have me admit defeat.

I use this to burn my cultural tradition in a spamstorm of Minters, trying to get someone good enough to lower my Inflation considerably...but the best I get is level 2.

Meanwhile my merchants are everywhere, up at 5 in the top six trade centers, so I am getting 45 Ducets a month, in exchange for 1 inflation per year...So I minimise that as much as I can, resolving it to 25 ducets per year, after building up a decent amount of ready money. Now I am cruising along, waiting for something to happen so I can get my inflation down to a managable level. :unsure:

Which one is better, Denmark or Sweden?

I don't really want to be the only Muslim power and get crusaded when Germany, Spain, Italy, Great Britain, and France are formed. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well....from what I have seen so far (1435) Muslims fight the Muslims and the Christains fight the Christians...mainly...and the Muslims start with a nice tech bonus, so they can, initially, defeat a slightly larger army arrayed against them.

Muslim nations seem, in game, to be more...organised. Europe is full of small, powerful, nations which all fight for dominance. Middle East and North Africa seem to have large, semi-powerful, nations, which occassional war.

Sweden is nerfed at the start(personal union) and Denmark is small, but with few direct neighbours...

I think I am gonna be Morrocco, simply because I am obessed at the moment =P.

Okay, throwing caution to the wind, I'll take the one province minor of Tyrone Or Munster. Whenever I get the game sent. For Ireland!

I'm gonna see if my dad will get me this. Might be fun. :)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well if he's okay with using a credit card online or paypal, Direct2Drive has it for only six dollars (both the EU3:Complete and HTTT expansion).

Personally, just waiting for my dad to respond, because my mom doesn't like using her credit card online.

EDIT: Gosh darnit, sale went away.

If you're going to play Tyrone, you need to check out the Tyrone AAR on the paradox website, Jesus christ it started out really good and then just turned into WAR.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

If I join, I will most likely pick either Napales or some Muslim power (not Hejaz).

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Taking Naples will result in Dusty pummeling you into the ground. :)

IRELAND!