Older Players

abacus3

This thread has all but ended, but I couldn't help coming back one more time to add a link.

There was much converstion about who played and why, so I thought you might like to visit this site dedicated to research of MMORPG players. It's very interesting and you can participate in an online survey.

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/

Enjoy,

Abacus3

I'd rather wear out, than rust out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this topic deserves to live on, so all us oldies can find each other ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I was looking for my car keys for 30 minutes the other day, half stressed out because I was late for a doc's appointement, when my daughter sarcastically pointed out I had them in the same hand my handbag was.. :oops:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

I on the other hand knew exactly where I had my car keys the other day - locked into the car together with keys to my flat, and the car was running, tank full. Spare keys to car in flat, spare keys to flat at my mum 30 km away. On top of that, it was 6.50 am, and mobile phone was locked into flat, since I had put on charge the night before :lol:

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Hello there 'older' Runescapers!!

This is great to find a post like this, I was beginning to think I was the only oldie left in RS .... I have met quite a few 'older' players, from say, 18 to retiring age! Most of these have now left the game though.

I've been playing since last spring time. I am 39, 40 this year! (OMG!)

I have four children. My eldest left for university the autumn before I was introduced to the game through my son, who is, fortunately for me, a spasmodic player.

The game is defianetly escapism for me, although I still have three children at home, a partner too, not forgetting our dog, I was heartbroken when my eldest went off to Uni, lol, even though I was so happy for her, I missed her so much. Sad though I know, but losing myself in this game, defianetly helped, it is such fun. I have met some funny, funny people and have sat here giggling away long into the night. I no longer hesitate to reveal my age when asked in game anymore. I've learnt that, yes, there are those that will put me straight onto their 'ignore' list, but there are also those that couldn't care less how old I am, which more than makes up for being called weird, sad and just, well plain 'old'.

• 3 months later...