Older Players

abacus3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've only seen a few people who are even 30 on Runescape.

I'm only ten and I've done every non-members quest and managed to get my character to level 72.

Ph3ar m3h.

Will update when I feel like it.

I've never seen anyone over the age of 23 ... I'm 20 (21 in Feb) and at one point I thought I was the oldest player.

Most of the people on my friendslist are between the ages of 14 and 16 (except for one 18 year old and one 22 year old)

I think older players are better ... I'm happy to say that I've been playing for 5 month and I have a combat level of 85 and a total level of 1108. (Well I think it's good for 5 months of play)

TheJammed85_Sig4.png

My only question for the 'older' people playing (say 23+) is why do they play?

I'm 19 (soon), but I mainly play to relieve my mind from school stuff (and the like) and as something entertaining to do.

For the exact same reason everyone else does.

It's not like you hit 20 and think to your self "oh, can't play games anymore, too old." :/

Pushing 40 here and enjoying the game very much! :D

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

cant find it on the poll history, but one of jagex polls (apparantly b4 may 2003 - the last one in archive?) was how old are u, and i remember it was like 5% 18-25 and less than 1% 25+. Heh, too many youngins

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

:o WOW

:D Glad to see that their ARE some older people playing runescape

:) Would have never guessed that, with all the people running around

calling eachother "noobs" and "choobs" and "floobs" and...... :evil:

:? Well you get the point

8) Im 27 myself and i love games (allways will), especially RPGs :wink:

I don't actually remember seeing anyone confess in-game to being older than twenty-something. They're probably just reluctant I'd imagine.

I'm sure there's a huge difference between P2P anf F2P since 5$ a month is just about nothing after a certain age. That, and most people only get credit/debit cards of their own after a certain age.

Since becoming a member there seem to actually be more people around my age (23) although I don't really inquire since I don't see the point of inciting rude questioning from some kid. The younger players are usually seem to be either high level brats or low level naive, generous players.

Anyways it wouldn't be a bad idea to unofficially declare certain homeworlds for certain age groups. I think the benefit of similar-aged players being around would outweigh the drawbacks of any party crashers since they would be less likely to read any forum and know about it anyways.

I don't personally know many older (35+) players so I don't know how well I'd relate as to compared to my own age group, but I'd rather not have to deal with as many youngins spamming around either.

Not at all....we're out there.....after all the most exciting electronic games we had growing up were things like "Operation" and "Perfection".....nothing like Runescape! Do you remember a handheld game called "Merlin"? It was my pride and joy during one Xmas I remember! haha those were the days......

~Gweny

Yes, I do! It looked like a red telephone handset, sort of.

Do you remember the short lived Super Perfection? Never did get my hands on one of those...

Now about adults talking to kids, I think it's fine for the most part if people behave themselves. But I do tire of 10-11 year old kids asking my wife to be their RS girlfriend.

I'm 31, she's 36.

Yes, I do! It looked like a red telephone handset, sort of.

I remember a yellow plastic, brick-sized pacman game that used LEDs (even pre-LCD)

Now about adults talking to kids, I think it's fine for the most part if people behave themselves.

Exactly... Although I'm usually pretty up front about my age from the get-go. But I did the bulk of Hero's Quest with a 13yo who's intelligence and politeness would shame players double her age or more.

But I do tire of 10-11 year old kids asking my wife to be their RS girlfriend.

I'm 31, she's 36.

Toyboy eh... me too.

siganizq4.gif

i'm a 32 year old mum of 3 who all play rs. in fact steven(my 11 year old middle child) has got his school friends into rs, whom think i made rs and am a god cuz i'm 115 combat :wink: :wink: :twisted: .

seriously, would you younger players like it if us adults restricted your pleasure just because of a certain age restriction? i'm sure you would hate it. just like i certainly hate being told i'm too old to play a game that i use to escape life and the constant pain it gives me.

the only people in life i tell what to do is my husband and kids, why can't you youngsters look after your own life before telling us older ones what we can't play. simply because we have been alive a few years more than you have. :roll:

my husband used to play rs(bigdom) but got bored of it so it just shows that its not for everyone

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Like said above. Most RuneScapers are 11-16 years old. Personally I'm 20, 21 in Feb., and I know a lot of older players (30-40+ Years old). A lot of the considered "famous" players are not kids, but older players. ;)

Kids most likely wouldn't have the discipline to be, say, Zezima, The Old Nite, Larryr, Lil Yuffie.. etc... too much work/time invested

45 here and introduced my kids, aged 10 & 12 to the game. Still trying to convince my wife to play (grin). I work in digital communications which is enough to drive me nuts on any given day (short trip on most :oops: ) But I do use runescape to relax with in the late evenimgs. Lets my mind slow down just a tad before bed.

I have always gamed, starting off with pong when I was about 11, now that was an exciting fast paced game let me tell you :shock:

My friends list ranges form age 8 to 60+ and I enjoy chatting with them all, but I have also learned to make my ignore list my best friend (jagex needs to increase it's size :oops: ) and this is only due to players who have payed for members but continue to beg for free stuff... :x (if you payed to play, then play for pay, mine. cut trees, get seconds, set an example for all to follow)

rsmonkeiam7.jpg

That will be my sigquota for now! :D *points down*

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed