Older Players

abacus3

lol, well does it really matter how old u r... ???

Not at all, and especially not on the internet. The important things are maturity, and when it comes to making friends to find people who have things in common with you.

However, as you can see on several posts on this topic, some of the younger ones cant understand why the older ones spend time playing a game. Because of that, as an older player its good to know that you're not the only adult out there ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 36 mother of 5, married for (nearly) 13 years and a Christian - pretty well sums up me and my life! I grew up playing D&D with my brothers, always loved reading fantasy (David Eddings, Anne Maccaffrey, Raymond Feist) - my life's pretty busy between the kids and running our own business - runescape's a great bit of escapism for me!

fiacrah.png

Yeah i'm only 14 but I started back when I was around 9 or 10 years old. I've met alot of people too. My brother use to play when was 19. Ive met plenty of people who are over 23 but majority of those I know are 13-17

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

I'm 22, dunno if it's old but at least I feel young :P And I think it's easier to keep on playing this game since I only play during weekends, what makes the game less boring...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I dont get it, I do not act immature (well outside of the wilderness haha), But Ive meet older people, and If i talk like i normaly would and say im 20, They give me respect, but after talking to them in about 1 hour, their the ones who start acting immature (well some understand why i would lie about my age)......Well personaly, I dont think age matters, Its the state of mind their in.

Quit runescape...

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I've learned that there are much more adults playing than you originally think there is - and I'm sure there still are a few of them who havent seen this topic ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

i know a guy whos 50+ and he plays

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I'm 23 and male, and I've been a gamer since my atari in K5. I cut my teeth on Pitfall and Yars and that horrid ET game. That's 18 years of gaming. Not as many as some of you, but I've done my time. :) I'll always be a gamer.

My job in college and grad school was to monitor a computer lab. I had tons of time to browse the internet. My real life best friend (herself over 30) told me about RS, and I was hooked from the start.

Now, I'm waiting for my job to start (just a few weeks, programming for the USAF), and so I have lots of time to burn.

And yeah, I don't do combat that much. That's why I'm 84cb and 1537 total (82+ herblore).

Swampjedi-

Don't sell yourself short. 18 years of gaming is a huge amount. Granted there are those out there that started gaming with twigs & friction tape, but most of us old timers don't have more than a few years at the old keyboard & ether. You started in the digital world at 8, I didn't touch my first computer until I was 37. You were a sponge when you started, I was almost a fossile. :D

The best of luck to you with your new job. Are you joining the USAF? Or just contract? Will you start a RS USAF clan? :wink:

Abacus3

I'm 23 and male, and I've been a gamer since my atari in K5. I cut my teeth on Pitfall and Yars and that horrid ET game. That's 18 years of gaming. Not as many as some of you, but I've done my time. :) I'll always be a gamer.

My job in college and grad school was to monitor a computer lab. I had tons of time to browse the internet. My real life best friend (herself over 30) told me about RS, and I was hooked from the start.

Now, I'm waiting for my job to start (just a few weeks, programming for the USAF), and so I have lots of time to burn.

And yeah, I don't do combat that much. That's why I'm 84cb and 1537 total (82+ herblore).

I'd rather wear out, than rust out.

The Atari 2600 was pretty much my start-- when I couldn't get quarters for the arcades. Pitfall and Yars' Revenge were the best!

the old nite is 70 i think and age specific servers are something called fascism. and im sure most people, maybe even yourself lie about your age for attention

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

This is my first post on the Tip.It forums. I'm 45 years old and have been playing Runescape for about 4 months. My son who lives with his mother one state away introduced it to me and we have a great time. He joined members about a month ago and I plan on joining today!

This is my first post on the Tip.It forums. I'm 45 years old and have been playing Runescape for about 4 months. My son who lives with his mother one state away introduced it to me and we have a great time. He joined members about a month ago and I plan on joining today!

Welcome from a dad whose got you beat by 9 years in age. I joined in order to play with my son also.

mcguff1.png

The Atari 2600 was pretty much my start-- when I couldn't get quarters for the arcades. Pitfall and Yars' Revenge were the best!

I love Yars' Revenge!!!

The oldest Ive met was a 25 year old man however, I know some other RS players that may be over that age. I met them in some of the RPG forums Ive visited. Anyways, Im 18 years of age :wink: My brother is 21 but stopped playing RS when he was 18 or 19 (cant recall :? )

firerz2.jpg

.: Gallery :.

Away :( -cheers all!

• 3 weeks later...

I too am an "older" runescape player, 31 and also female. I'm happy to see that there are other adult players out there and I'm hoping to bump into some one day ;)

Ahh, just reading about old video games like Atari take me back some! Been loving to play any video or computer game since they came out, my faves were playing with my tandy coco 2 or 3 along with some commodore 64 games.

Love runescape since I first started a bit over a year ago and most likely will be playing for a long time, lol.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to bump into some of the other older folks playing this game.

Cheers!

i met a guy who said he was a teenager but he turned out to be a 60 year old pedifile which was pretty scarry

And how exactly did you come about this information? I doubt you had access to any of his personal files and if he were a pedophile I doubt that he would have told you that he was an adult. Don't lie about internet pedophiles on Runescape, it gives Runescape a bad name.

Don't assume that anything someone tells you is the truth on any internet game, chat room, etc.

There are sleazy geezers out there, but they look for easy prey. Don't answer personal questions and you will be safe from most that may intend harm.

Like your mother said "don't take candy from strangers."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Abacus3

I'd rather wear out, than rust out.