Keeping Cape Untrimmed

Lacoste

Hey, I have seen lots of people keeping their first capes untrimmed, and as I approach 99 dg in the next few days, I would really like to keep my first untrimmed cape. I knew of some ways back in the day but I am not up to date with any recent methods, everytime I see a thread i forget to mark it... but yeah, does anyone know the process? Or if it has been fixed?

Also is this a ban-able offence? It's not like I intend to go flaunting it around, rather a keep sake.

None of the ways people suggested work. I tried dropping my untrimmed mage cape on the ground while getting 99 range on an f2p world, and it trimmed the cape sitting on the ground while it was even labeled as a "member's object".

It's pretty much impossible now.

Die on a members world, hop to f2p, get the level, hop back, telegrab cape

not 100% sure

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

When did you try that? I know that as recently as 20th of december this worked. You need to telegrab it though I think.

Edit: This is what I did.

Die in f2p, got grave blessed.

Hopped to members, got levels.

Hopped back to f2p, Telegrabbed my untrimmed capes.

You need to remember which world you died on though, as that's the only one the grave will be in.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I have not personally tried that, its just the most up to date method i know of

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

It automatically trimmed the cape even when it was on the ground for me, like i saw it change colors im not sure if telegrab matters. I didn't try hopping worlds to get the level so it might work, but i don't think you would need to telegrab.

It automatically trimmed the cape even when it was on the ground for me, like i saw it change colors im not sure if telegrab matters. I didn't try hopping worlds to get the level so it might work, but i don't think you would need to telegrab.

I think the logic behind it is that when you die and drop it on a F2P world, it's a "member's object" which is a completely separate item from the actual untrimmed skill cape. Hence since the game doesn't actually read the item as a skill cape, it stays untrimmed when you go back to the F2P world to tele grab it.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I can confirm that dying on an F2P world, hopping to P2P, then gaining your level 99, hopping back to F2P, then telegrabbing your untrimmed cape from the grave does work. (Get somebody to bless if you want)

I have untrimmed attack at max melees and Slayer. :thumbup:

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I died in f2p, got 99 hp, picked up my untrimmed strength capes, and bought an hp cape in p2p. The strength capes got trimmed when I bought the hp cape.

So I'm guessing you need to leave the untrimmed capes on the ground in f2p until after you've bought any other capes.

I died in f2p, got 99 hp, picked up my untrimmed strength capes, and bought an hp cape in p2p. The strength capes got trimmed when I bought the hp cape.

So I'm guessing you need to leave the untrimmed capes on the ground in f2p until after you've bought any other capes.

Untrue. I can buy any number of capes and still keep my original untrimmed. You have to telegrab, not pick up.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I can confirm that dying on an F2P world, hopping to P2P, then gaining your level 99, hopping back to F2P, then telegrabbing your untrimmed cape from the grave does work. (Get somebody to bless if you want)

Do you have to repeat the process with every subsequent 99 you achieve if you want to keep the original cape untrimmed?

Do you have to repeat the process with every subsequent 99 you achieve if you want to keep the original cape untrimmed?

Yes

You also need to repeat it for every dungeoneering level after the 99th - 100 dg will trim 99 (easiest trimmed cape in the game eh?).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted