Controlled Exp

GuidesForScapers

Hi,

So, my big question is whether controlled experience rates are better than using the different styles.

I'm training all my combats to 99 through semi-afking bandits. I did one HUGE session while at a friends house. In 15 hours of training defence on defensive, i gained 750k total experience. I think that is pretty good rate for playing Xbox :P This is the total experience gain of both hitpoints and defence.

With controlled so far i have been getting about 1.2k experience per minute, so in 15 hours that would be about 1080k experience. However, this is in attack, defence, strength and hitpoints combined.

What i'm struggling to work out is whether it would be more effective to get 99 strength and attack followed by defence. Getting these stats would be faster, as i would use more efficient weapons. Also, i would do more damage when it comes down to 99 defence.

So which would be better?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Another factor which i forgot to mention was how AFKable the training would be. I despise grind, but with semi-AFKing (doing other things with my laptop next to me, simply keeping myself logged in) i find myself far more able to train for long periods of time. If the difference in time spent on controlled is roughly 30 hours, i would probably choose controlled.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

i just used the tip.it fighting calculator to figure out how many bandits i would need to kill to get 99 att/str/def on controlled and doing each one separately. they would both take 105k bandits. ie controlled would take 105k bandits while att = 35k, str = 35k and def = 35k.

idk how that would translate to you though

i also dont know if that answers your question at all.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Thanks for the replies.

I worked out it would only be 347 less bandits on controlled. So, considering how it will be far easier for me and would better suite my playing style i'm going to do controlled until i'm maxed melee. Thanks everyone :D

GuidesForScapers.png

If anything controlled works out slower.

Directly training a singular stat u get 4xp per hit.

Training with control you get 1.3 xp to each stat per hit.

Its rounded down to 1.3 as a third in decimals is infinite 0.3333333333....

This means overall per hit you only get 3.9xp vs 4xp

Which boils down to 1xp less per 10 hits.

10xp less per 100 hits

100xp less per 1,000 hits

etc.

also as someone else covered different stats effect xp rates in different ways

99 str with 70 at/def gives more xp than the other two choices or balanced.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If anything controlled works out slower.

Directly training a singular stat u get 4xp per hit.

Training with control you get 1.3 xp to each stat per hit.

Its rounded down to 1.3 as a third in decimals is infinite 0.3333333333....

This means overall per hit you only get 3.9xp vs 4xp

Which boils down to 1xp less per 10 hits.

10xp less per 100 hits

100xp less per 1,000 hits

etc.

also as someone else covered different stats effect xp rates in different ways

99 str with 70 at/def gives more xp than the other two choices or balanced.

It's 0.4 xp per hit now but yeah, do you have any actual evidence there are problems in the rounding department? Like any actual data on how you lose xp, or smth? Because as far as i can tell, hp is 0.13 xp per hit, too, and the hp xp you gain is always a third of att/str/def xp. No need to lie or make up stuff you don't know.

Controlled is slower if you have the ability to train strength/attack before defense. If you need to(for whatever reason) keep your stats equal, controlled would be about the same. The big boost from controlled style came from when you couldn't use whip to train strength, but now that there are rapiers, it's not a problem.

Ah yeah i typed old pre constitution numbers, but ill carry on with em since i think they bit easier to read.

Its common knowledge that its 1.3 or 0.13 now and that it doesn't round properly.

Its pretty much a mathematical impossibility for it to round correctly.

And you can see the xp rounded from the gains.

When tested (on old numbers still) doing 1 dmg hits if it rounded correctly you'd get 1.4 or even 1.34 and you'd expect to get 1xp, 1xp, 2xp (1.4 > 2.8 > 4.2 or 1.34 > 2.68 > 4.02)

But you got 1xp, 1xp, 1xp, 2xp showing it to be using 1.3 (1.3 > 2.6 > 3.9 > 4.2)

This obviously works on the wel know rs fact that the system does store decimal xp, but doesn't display it. So items giving part xp seem to give less most of the time but every so often give 1 xp higher as accumulated a full 1 in part decimals.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ah yeah i typed old pre constitution numbers, but ill carry on with em since i think they bit easier to read.

Its common knowledge that its 1.3 or 0.13 now and that it doesn't round properly.

Its pretty much a mathematical impossibility for it to round correctly.

And you can see the xp rounded from the gains.

When tested (on old numbers still) doing 1 dmg hits if it rounded correctly you'd get 1.4 or even 1.34 and you'd expect to get 1xp, 1xp, 2xp (1.4 > 2.8 > 4.2 or 1.34 > 2.68 > 4.02)

But you got 1xp, 1xp, 1xp, 2xp showing it to be using 1.3 (1.3 > 2.6 > 3.9 > 4.2)

This obviously works on the wel know rs fact that the system does store decimal xp, but doesn't display it. So items giving part xp seem to give less most of the time but every so often give 1 xp higher as accumulated a full 1 in part decimals.

So in an hour of training, on average, you should get around 140 hp xp less than attack/strength/defence divided by 3? No go and prove yourself wrong, please.

Its a mathematically fact of thirds within decimals.

They are 0.3333333333333 to infinite.

The issue being no matter how many digits you go to 3 lots of that is just short of 1. 0.3 results in 0.9 0.33 results in 0.99 etc.

If rounded you get a 4 in there that takes it over being an exact 1/3 eg you get 0.4 thus making 1.2.

Its pure mathematical fact that using these digits in rs you either end up with more or less than you should due to rounding.

And by all accounts and studies I've seen controlled rounds down and ends up with less.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Its a mathematically fact of thirds within decimals.

They are 0.3333333333333 to infinite.

The issue being no matter how many digits you go to 3 lots of that is just short of 1. 0.3 results in 0.9 0.33 results in 0.99 etc.

If rounded you get a 4 in there that takes it over being an exact 1/3 eg you get 0.4 thus making 1.2.

Its pure mathematical fact that using these digits in rs you either end up with more or less than you should due to rounding.

And by all accounts and studies I've seen controlled rounds down and ends up with less.

What I've found when using controlled is that Attack and Strength get 1.3x and Defence gets 1.4x

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Now you mention that that does ring a bell as something that came in a few years back to make it work properly.

Apologies for my prior posts being misleading in that case.

I do believe Agen is right and as it stands controlled gives marginally more def xp to round out the full 0.4xp xp per hit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Now you mention that that does ring a bell as something that came in a few years back to make it work properly.

Apologies for my prior posts being misleading in that case.

I do believe Agen is right and as it stands controlled gives marginally more def xp to round out the full 0.4xp xp per hit.

So you just made up **** to make yourself look knowledgeable? AGAIN?

No everything I said was perfectly valid once upon a time. And in terms of mathematics is still true, and probably still has some bearing on hp xp.

I've just been up for hours and forgot that one small change that has bearing on this situation and as I said before I apologised for the misleading posts.

I never make stuff up to make myself look knowledgeable, I speak what I know/remember. If I happen to of forgotten something or am proven wrong I'm fine with that; doesn't mean I made it up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No everything I said was perfectly valid once upon a time. And in terms of mathematics is still true, and probably still has some bearing on hp xp.

I've just been up for hours and forgot that one small change that has bearing on this situation and as I said before I apologised for the misleading posts.

I never make stuff up to make myself look knowledgeable, I speak what I know/remember. If I happen to of forgotten something or am proven wrong I'm fine with that; doesn't mean I made it up.

Lol... right. Half of your posts are more or less made up. Controlled never gave less exp since it was added with RS2. People tested it back then and found that it didn't cheat anyone out of exp. Nice try though, you almost got this one.

On topic: Training strength first will be faster, but either way you are afking so it isn't a huge difference. If you really want to make a difference use boosting potions and prayers. If you're camping then combat pots and the 5% strength prayer will make a decent difference. I mean it's afk either way so there isn't a point in altering your playstyle to gain slightly faster exp. Just use controlled.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

None of my posts are made up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

None of my posts are made up.

Link me to a single study please and I'll admit that you aren't full of [cabbage].

PM me in game anytime

Well For starts you can check any of the smaller fansites that are less thoroughly updated etc. Such as Sal's realm with is rather noticeable outdated guides where they clearly site controlled as giving 1.33xp to each stat; which is perfectly in fitting with the maths I posted. And not the 0.13 0.13 0.14 split we get atm.

Even tip.it actually claims you get 0.133xp to each stat on controlled.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Those aren't studies, I guess you are full of it. Please, if you want to continue this argument PM me.

PM me in game anytime

Those aren't studies, I guess you are full of it. Please, if you want to continue this argument PM me.

Quit trollin fool, Sy was giving information that was right previously. He was trying to help, and was successful in doing so despite one small mistake. More than i can say for you.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

GuidesForScapers.png

Quit trollin fool, Sy was giving information that was right previously. He was trying to help, and was successful in doing so despite one small mistake. More than i can say for you.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

On topic: Training strength first will be faster, but either way you are afking so it isn't a huge difference. If you really want to make a difference use boosting potions and prayers. If you're camping then combat pots and the 5% strength prayer will make a decent difference. I mean it's afk either way so there isn't a point in altering your playstyle to gain slightly faster exp. Just use controlled.

Sy gives a lot of false or bad advice. It annoys many people in H&A. Read my posts before you criticize please.

PM me in game anytime