Dead Island

Craiglowery

The trailer looks amazing, I honestly think it's the best video game trailer I've seen. The game sounds awesome, I hear they are throwing some RPG elements into this, if the gameplay is as well executed as the trailer then this is a must buy for me.

http://kotaku.com/#!5762287/dead-island-returns-and-a-little-girl-dies

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1150368p1.html?_cmpid=ign1161

111-1.jpg

I remember hearing about something like this awhile back...

But wow... that trailer... that CGI... wow.

Edit:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/02/16/dead-island-backwards-forwards-announcement-trailer?objectid=955540

Watching it backwards is more heartbreaking than the original.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Meh. Hopefully they can pull off the melee combat without it feeling like some boring hack-n-slash. The trailer is interesting, if only for the fact that it may be the first zombie kid I've seen in a videogame/trailer, but it would've been much more interesting actually seeing some gameplay.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Remember it's only an announcement trailer. Many believed this to have been cancelled, since the last word we heard about this was in 2007. So, you can't really expect gameplay on an announcement trailer... Most of the time, anyway.

I really don't understand why people are criticizing the trailer for including the death of a child.

Movies do it all the time and they don't get beef at all.

Looks nice, still waiting for what the actual game looks like.

Hype trailers really do look nice now a days.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I didn't really enjoy watching that trailer... I mean, it wasn't exactly very happy, and I'm not sure what the game is supposed to be. That doesn't really give a trailer for anything... it's just an emotional video (although I'll admit that it's really pretty and dramatic).

> Zombies -> Zombie Apocalypse.

> Island -> Stranded with extremely limited supplies.

> Picking up and using both a Kitchen Knife and a Hotel Fire Axe -> Melee Weapons Scavenge.

> Extreme Gore and, taking from the other video on IGN, high and realistic details in the killing/ripping up of zombies.

> Possible extremely high-end graphics.

> If that guy is the main character, then we know his Wife and Child died so that's backstory.

> Possibly the first retail game to have children that you can shoot/kill, although I doubt the ESRB would allow that (which I still don't understand. We can shoot animals, grown-ups, have sex, use various sex toys (GTA), drugs and God knows what else, but NO SHOOTING CHILDREN! IT'S BAD).

I picked up quite a few things.

> If that guy is the main character, then we know his Wife and Child died so that's backstory.

Apparently those three aren't seen again, they're just random people. Plus, the guy gets bit too. Just copy-pasting from Wikipedia atm:

"The first mission serves as the tutorial. The character is trapped in a beach hut with other terrified survivors. One person begs the character to go outside and help a lone person fending off the horde. The character then picks up a lead pipe and walks outside. The names of the four playable characters in Dead Island are Xian Mei (a staff member at the hotel), Logan (a surfer), Sam B (a former rapper) and Purna. All four are in the Hero category."

"The zombies have fully-modelled layers of meat and muscle rendered onto their bodies, meaning they have a multi-layered damage system with real-time injuries." - So looking forward to that. :3

Will definitely wait to see some gameplay trailers/reviews before buying it, but I'm optimistic.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)