Sign in to follow this  
looololol

�Prepare to Invade Israel,�

... they're irrelevant because you mentioned land area and population while replying to someone talking about military strength of two countries. The statistics you presented have no bearing in that discussion.

TANSTAAFL

Doesnt Isreal have the best army in the region? They'll probably be fine on their own. I mean I get that protecting our allies is good, but if they don't need our help then why do we need to step in?

*world

and yes.

Isreal will be alright. And if they need help, I'm sure they can find someone to give them a hand [though due to the Egyptian regime change, its uncertain if Obama would aid Isreal or not]

Really, in the world? I thought the U.S. and England had better armies but Isreal has the best army in the middle east.

Of course i'm American so of course we'd have the best army in the world. My point is, I thought there were better armies.

People just say Israel have the best army because they have mandatory service and well trained soldiers and are one of the only modern, developed countries that have both. In reality the forces of America, China, or Russia could kick the hell out of theirs. Why?

a. Their total available troops (active + reserve) is under 600,000. The U.S. has twice that number, and that's only active troops.

b. Israel has something like 20 naval vessels total. The U.S. has almost 1,600.

c. Israel has 1,200~ aircraft. The U.S. has over 18,000.

d. Israel has something like a $15b defense budget. The U.S.'s is over $510b.

e. Technologically speaking I have no idea, but I would assume that at the very least the U.S. has equivalent military technology to Israel.

tl;dr U.S. Military > Israeli Military

Why the [bleep] does Isreal need navel vessels? Yes they're on the coast, but the people who want to kill them are landlocked, so why does that matter?

So let me show you a map of the world, ok?

[spoiler=Large image]1-world-map-political.gif

Now you tell me on what map is the United States of America anywhere close to the middle east?

We're not fighting Israel to my knowledge, so why are we comparing the armies of 2 allied counties, only 1 of which is in the middle east, to figure out which one is the better army in the middle east.

Next time read my original post before you jump my [cabbage]. It's even the first quote in the chain.

No [cabbage], Hezbollah is a small guerilla militant force. Estimates say that they have a maximum of 11,000 members to pull from. Israel has army of 600,000+. All Hezbollah can do is more rocket attacks against Israeli civilians.

pretty much, yeah. Which isn't cool.

~~~

as for the military superiority debate...yes Russia and the US have kick-ass armies, but if Israel were the proportional size to them in number, Israel would be on top by a long shot. Hell, Isreal could probly give Russia a run for their money right now as long as nukes/warheads were unused. Israeli troops have much more will to serve, much better training, and hella good equipment [including insanely nice imported fighter jets from the US]. So if we put the US army vs the Israeli Army on Ultimate warrior with all the number crunching and stats and what not...I'm confident Israel would come out on top.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Now you tell me on what map is the United States of America anywhere close to the middle east?

Iraq.

as for the military superiority debate...yes Russia and the US have kick-ass armies, but if Israel were the proportional size to them in number, Israel would be on top by a long shot. Hell, Isreal could probly give Russia a run for their money right now as long as nukes/warheads were unused. Israeli troops have much more will to serve, much better training, and hella good equipment [including insanely nice imported fighter jets from the US]. So if we put the US army vs the Israeli Army on Ultimate warrior with all the number crunching and stats and what not...I'm confident Israel would come out on top.

You realize more than half of Israel's military equipment/funding is paid for by the US, right?

Iraq.

Excuse me, i'm going to go bang my head against a wall for the next 4 hours.

Iraq.

I'll join you.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Iraq.

Maybe it will knock some sense into you and you'll realize that America has massive military presence all over the Middle East.

TANSTAAFL

Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more land = bigger/larger army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

ofc im kidding thats no way to calculate military strength.

Agent_G_F.png

Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more landhowdoyouturnthison = bigger/largerbadass army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

Fixed!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more landhowdoyouturnthison = bigger/largerbadass army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

Fixed!

Lol'd irl.

or "torpedo hezbollah"?

Agent_G_F.png

Iraq.

Maybe it will knock some sense into you and you'll realize that America has massive military presence all over the Middle East.

But we are not in the middle east. The continent we live on is no where close to the region of the world we call the middle east. If our army is not from the middle east, then it is automatically knocked out when competing for the best army of countries in the middle east.

Iraq.

But we are not in the middle east. The continent we live on is no where close to the region of the world we call the middle east. If our army is not from the middle east, then it is automatically knocked out when competing for the best army of countries in the middle east.

We're not talking about living in the country, we're talking about occupying or otherwise existing within the country, there's a difference. A huge part of the US military influence is in the middle east right now, fact.

Also, I'm more concerned about Lebanon and Bahrain right now, as far as I'm aware, Israel can hold it's own. Hezbollah could never summon enough military force to put enough of a dent in the place.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Originally, I said doesn't Israel have the best army in the middle east. When I said in the middle east, I meant the best army from the middle east. Sorry for the confusion it has caused you all.

Originally, I said doesn't Israel have the best army in the middle east. When I said in the middle east, I meant the best army from the middle east. Sorry for the confusion it has caused you all.

Ah, fair enough. It's an easy mistake to make. icon_e_smile.gif Alright, if we're talking about military presences that are permanently in and from the middle east, yeah, nothing really beats Israel's.

When a country has seen that much constant conflict and tension, it's not really that surprising.

EDIT due to spelling failure.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Ah, fair enough. It's an easy mistake to make. icon_e_smile.gif Alright, if we're talking about military presences that are permanently in and from the middle east, yeah, nothing really beats Isreal's.

When a country has seen that much constant conflict and tension, it's not really that surprising.

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves, but please try and spell Israel correctly next time.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Ah, fair enough. It's an easy mistake to make. icon_e_smile.gif Alright, if we're talking about military presences that are permanently in and from the middle east, yeah, nothing really beats Isreal's.

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves, but please try and spell Israel correctly next time.

icon_redface.gif Sorry. I wonder why the spell-checker didn't pick up on it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Arabs are the number one fastest growing ethic among computer programmers.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Arabs are the number one fastest growing ethic ethnic group among computer programmers.

;)

OT: Same old stuff, basically....I doubt anything will happen due to Israel's american backing. Still, I'm beginning to doubt peace can ever be achieved without a total invasion(of one side or the other).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

THEY STRIKE AGAIN!

siggy3s.jpg