Random Events

Johannas

One of the best thing about restricted trade was the significant reduction in random events. I had one every 2 weeks maybe? I could live with that.

I've had 5 today... flipping hate the things. They're unnecessary interruptions, they waste precious stat boosts/time and make me lose fluidity when training.

Cannot stand the balloon one, i rage log whenever i get it. And evil bob, cannot stand the fishing one.

And today i accidentally gave the forester the wrong pheasant, he wasn't accepting any 2nd chance... just a gtfo he said and then he teled me to a random location - and i couldn't home tele for 5 minutes!! what's up with that?! (hadn't used it for days prior)

Surely Jagex can improve their bot prevention, this is really pissing me off already!!

/rant.

EDIT.... #6 ARGGHHHHHHHHH

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

You can actually anticipate and plan ahead for random events. From data I have gathered, you get a random event every 300-400k xp, assuming that during that time you are in an area where it is possible to get random events.

Can't really explain why you didn't get any randoms in weeks. Perhaps you didn't train very much during that time? In any case, free trade doesn't seem to have changed much for me.

Yeah I fail to see any correlation between free trade and randoms.

They didnt change them in anyway when they brought em back.

It still is how it has been that once u get randosm down to their rarest level u get one around every 500k xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm gonna guess you've been playing more sincwe free trade an/or moved to a skill tht gains xp faster hence more randoms.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I always liked randoms, decent enough rewards wile providing a slight break from training.

@Puppyking That's my favorite one!!!

I hate the coffin guy. I just talk to him twice to get it over with.

And I hate it when you are on a farm run with juju potion and you get a random.

I hate it that randoms are present to stop bots, but they don't.

I don't mind fast randoms. They give me 950 prayer experience.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I haven't had any more or less random events that usual. To be honest I think you need to calm down a bit. Most of them take around a minute to complete (apart from the maze one) and all are ridiculously easy. The way I see it is free exp for skills that I don't train often. Nothing to rage about tbh. And there's nowhere in runescape they'll tele you to that isn't close to a bank.

I always liked randoms, decent enough rewards wile providing a slight break from training.

This. Gotta love maze rewards and free xp lamps <3:

As for teleing to a random spot, it's not that much of a bother since they don't tele you to dangerous spots anymore. Though, it is annoying when you get tele'd in hard to get places like the wilderness.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This. Gotta love maze rewards and free xp lamps <3:

As for teleing to a random spot, it's not that much of a bother since they don't tele you to dangerous spots anymore. Though, it is annoying when you get tele'd in hard to get places like the wilderness.

What? They won't tele you to the wilderness any more. But yeah, I've only been teled to a random spot once by a random event (clicked on the wrong sandwich) and got plopped down two clicks from Falador bank.

Guest jrhairychest

I've had a significant amount more since the reintroduction of free trade.

Either way, i hate them. Which makes it a valid rant :thumbsup:

If it helps combat the bots, I'd rather put up with them, like them or not.

Honestly, biggest problem I have with the coffin guy is

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Honestly, biggest problem I have with the coffin guy is I KNOW HOW TO DO THE DAMNED RANDOM. YES, I DO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

While im getting gay randoms like beekeeper and demon bootcamp the 20th time... you guys are getting all the gravediggers :evil:

I have only TWO of FIVE mime outfits and ONE of FIVE gravedigger outfits but i NEVER seem to get them.

I liked it better before the random update when i could get 3+ noted rubys/daimonds

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Honestly, biggest problem I have with the coffin guy is I KNOW HOW TO DO THE DAMNED RANDOM. YES, I DO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

This is my issue too, they really need an option to turn it off. Happens with the pirate random event too if you click the chest before he's done explaining.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

What? They won't tele you to the wilderness any more. But yeah, I've only been teled to a random spot once by a random event (clicked on the wrong sandwich) and got plopped down two clicks from Falador bank.

Gotta reword myself a bit. I meant that when a random appears in the wilderness and you get tele'd out thanks to an accidental screwup, it gets annoying trying to get back to that place (say you're Chaos Elemental hunting or doing clues).

Am I the only one here with every single random event costume piece?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Sorry Sonikku, that was my bad there :) I spend 0 time in the wilderness but that must be a little annoying haha. And no, I always choose either herbs (if it's good ones) or the exp reward so I dont have one random costume piece in my bank any more. I think Diango has some pieces I got way back when and destroyed though. I should visit him and see lol.

Gotta reword myself a bit. I meant that when a random appears in the wilderness and you get tele'd out thanks to an accidental screwup, it gets annoying trying to get back to that place (say you're Chaos Elemental hunting or doing clues).

Am I the only one here with every single random event costume piece?

Doubt it. I have most in my POH. No idea if I'm missing any pieces, but I've realized I don't particularly care.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Sorry Sonikku, that was my bad there :) I spend 0 time in the wilderness but that must be a little annoying haha. And no, I always choose either herbs (if it's good ones) or the exp reward so I dont have one random costume piece in my bank any more. I think Diango has some pieces I got way back when and destroyed though. I should visit him and see lol.

Unfortunately Diango does not keep random event costume pieces for you :( which is why this has been kinda junking up my bank a bit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog