Melee gear help wanted. Any input wanted :)

d3th2scimmi3s

Ive lost my membership and will be getting it back soon. To save money ive decided on getting full void and a godsword. Im trying to dedicate all my money to buying the godsword. are there any better alternatives in the way of melee ARMOR? (just for reference i do not like scimitars or abby whips)

My stats:

atk 75

Str 81+ (working on it now and should have 82-83 before i get membership back)

def 70

pray 54

hp 76+

Please leave feedback :pray:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighter's Torso

Rune is always useful. If I didn't have enough cash for barrows I'd get rune.

You could perhaps also get granite, but I don't know about that.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

You could just get barrows and do slayer, kingdom, herbs, etc for money when you get member's back.

If you enjoy dunging, I suggest you get chaotic rapier. It's the best all around weapon there is. (requires 80 att, 80 dung and 200k tokens)

Collecting mort myre fungus is a quick way for some cash, I heard (500k+ an hr) More if you have a higher summoning level.

Do smoking kills and get a slayer helm.

Hope this helps somewhat. :P

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Get verac skirt w/ a barrows platebody (not verac).

Slayer helm for slayer, neitz helm for everything else.

Try to get a fire cape or at least a soul wars cape.

Fury if you can afford it otherwise a glory will work.

Zerker ring and your best rfd gloves.

Dragon boots.

Wait for Quyneax to post her all around slayer gear (most of which works for normal combat too).

Also, why are you so set on getting a godsword when there are better, cheaper, alternatives?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

don't be an arrogant 12 year old strength [bleep]

get 70 prayer and a whip. train with controlled

neitz helm > berserker

fighter torso

v skirt/torag/dharoks legs > rune legs

dragon boots

barrows rfd gloves > dragon > rune > regen bracelet> addy > combat bracelet

glory amulet

obby cape

warrior ring

dragon defender

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

don't be an arrogant 12 year old strength [bleep]

get 70 prayer and a whip. train with controlled

neitz helm > berserker

fighter torso

v skirt/torag/dharoks legs > rune legs

dragon boots

barrows rfd gloves > dragon > rune > regen bracelet> addy > combat bracelet

glory amulet

obby cape

warrior ring

dragon defender

i dont like the whip because 1) its over rated and overused and 2)i like training stats individualy. its just my preference.

Get verac skirt w/ a barrows platebody (not verac).

Slayer helm for slayer, neitz helm for everything else.

Try to get a fire cape or at least a soul wars cape.

Fury if you can afford it otherwise a glory will work.

Zerker ring and your best rfd gloves.

Dragon boots.

Wait for Quyneax to post her all around slayer gear (most of which works for normal combat too).

Also, why are you so set on getting a godsword when there are better, cheaper, alternatives?

I like 2h's (please dont anybody start arguments of speed being better). i like hard hits and like to be different than most players who use scimmies and whips.

You could always check out the saradomin sword, if you must use a 2h and train each stat individually.

Also, if you REALLY wanna be different, I'd try to get a berserker necklace and some tzhaar weapon.

To above poster: yes, whip is the best overall weapon short of chaotics, hence it being used so much, but....

Edited by Quyneax
Removed response to flame.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you are really set on 2h weapons you could train dungeoneering and get a chaotic maul.

As far as armor:

Helm: Neitz/Full Slayer helm > Berserker helm/Barrows helm.

Neck: Glory > Strength/Power

Torso: Torag's/Guthan's/Fighter torso> Granite > Rune

Legs: Verac's > Dragon > Granite

Boots: Dragon > Rune

Cape: Fire cape > Obsidian cape

Ring: Warrior ring (?)

Gloves: Barrows RFD Gloves > Dragon > Rune > Addy > Combat bracelet

70b0c3fc9b.png

OT, no you will not be able to get to 85 using a god sword at rock crabs on bonus exp weekend.

Edited by Quyneax

Rustoid, you're flaming the kid. Stop, its not funny, and its not helpful. Also the fact that you recommend training on controlled with the whip is not credible sounding. You save more hours by training str with an str weapon (tests have been done and on anything you should be training on you're already so accurate that your strength level is the only thing that effects exp/hr) and then training attack and defense. Luckily this can all be done with a chaotic rapier.

OT:

If you're set on the best way for training melee the best weapon's to use are...

Attack : Chaotic Rapier>Whip>Korasi's Sword>Dragon Scimitar

Strength : Chaotic Rapier>Saradomin Sword>Korasi's Sword>Dragon Scimitar

Defense: See attack.

All are used with a dragon defender.

Godswords aren't remotely close to being compareable to whats on that list. And for spec weapons the only semi useful one is a BGS for some corp teams. Cheaper alternatives are also superior (hell even a DDS is better dps than a Godsword) such as an EE, claws, or korasi's spec.

Since you want to use Void you might as well get the elite version if you can as it unlocks Korasi's Sword as well. Also play around with conquest and pick up a deflector so you can add in barrows gloves as the monsters you will be training on the str will benefit you much more than the stab bonus of the dragon defender. Besides void+deflector/barrows gloves, grab dragon boots, a berserker ring, a fury if the monster is not undead, salve (e) if it is undead, and a fire cape.

Prices on gear are low right now from people selling for cash for BEXPW so buy them now before they rise again.

If you're set on the "funnest" way for training melee use whatever the hell you want.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

also chaotic longsword > ss for strength because first, its 1% better than whip with max accuracy, second it gains from dragon defender making it even better.

thus it is fair to make the assumption that it will be better

just sayin'

Edited by Quyneax

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

also chaotic longsword > ss for strength because first, its 1% better than whip with max accuracy, second it gains from dragon defender making it even better.

thus it is fair to make the assumption that it will be better

just sayin'

With using void you won't be using a dragon defender so that point is worthless, barrows gloves will be a better exp/hr boost. Also why would you waste 200 k tokens on something that is 1% better than a whip in an ideal situation that won't ever occur in a real game scenario?

The CLS should never even be purchased (unless you just want to complete your chaotic set) I'm editing it out of my post.

Edited by Quyneax

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Someone might buy cls for

Solo Sara or bandos without defender

Tds

Stupidity

Accident

Complete set

Being said, people do own cls' , I never said it was good to buy nor implied it I just said well what I said

Also ain't is not a word

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Also void > max strength only when combined with salve so you would use defender for training

Levon.png Bladewing.png

no advice we give will cancel out the godsword. You'd probably be more efficient training in regular clothes with a whip then max gear with a gs.

Also, the efficiency clowns be ragein' today.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Whip str = 82

maxed godsword = 176

3:2 ratio for whip to godsword in speed

Godsword is better assuming max accuracy, however you only need to increase whips strength by 36 for it to be better

Also without max accuracy godswords lose much more from a miss

I say max godsword = min whip

Also I'm not raging btw you spelled it wrong

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Someone might buy cls for

Solo Sara or bandos without defender

Tds

Stupidity

Accident

Complete set

Being said, people do own cls' , I never said it was good to buy nor implied it I just said well what I said

Also, op said whip is over rated thus I can infer he is a moron

Also ain't is not a word

As for something constructive....if you are bent on two handed weapons, a maul would be good if you DG enough.

Furthermore, your last post indicates a severe lack of understanding of how slower and/or two handed weapons tend to work in RS. You imply that without max accuracy godsword loses more from a whip, which implies you think the Godsword is even worse at lower accuracy. In fact, that's not true because the Godsword actually has higher accuracy to begin with. With low enough accuracy, Godsword trumps whip because of hitting a lot more damage, due to the combination of higher strength and attack bonus trumping the whip's higher speed. However, this effect is relatively negligible in RS since the case where the higher accuracy/strength of the godsword trumps the whip's higher speed is very rare; this would mainly apply to bosses and very high defence monsters being fought at lower levels; bosses and very high defence monsters are very rarely fought by players with lower levels.

Edited by Quyneax
Removed response to flame. Again.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Ain't is a word, it is just a non-standard word. Thats his opinnion that the whip is over rated. In some ways the Chaotic Rapier is over rated, and that could be someones opinnion. Not everyone does DG to get the rewards, some people might have high dg lvls and have never set foot in DG. I know I use the tears to get mine up and I don't do DG alot.

hounddog1983m.png

When godsword misses it loses half it's potential damage output whereas whip loses a third

Also name me one practical situation where godsword will beat whip and defender due to low accuracy. You need 75 attack for godswords don't forget

Also I quit rs about two weeks ago,

Edited by Quyneax
Removed response to flame. Again.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

When godsword misses it loses half it's potential damage output whereas whip loses a third

Also name me one practical situation where godsword will beat whip and defender due to low accuracy. You need 75 attack for godswords don't forget

Also I quit rs about two weeks ago,

and by wrongfully implying I'm a moron you wrongfully imply and also prove you are a moron and since you are now a moron, your entire post is nullified

You spelled moron wrong the first time btw

Fine. Typo. And yes, I was perfectly aware that my implicating you of being a moron also implicated me of being a moron. However, if that nullified my entire post, wouldn't it also nullify the part where I'm a moron? If that part of my post was nullified, I wouldn't be a moron, and therefore my post wouldn't be nullified.

Ooo. Don't you just love paradoxes?

Also, I didn't say a practical siutuation existed, but, say, when GW first came out (you know, before extremes and summon) I'm relatively sure it was more useful to have a GS there because you needed the accuracy for the boss. (Depending on the boss of course.) Especially if you were with a team of people, and you ONLY had 75 attack. Now it's impractical simply because the competition at GW pretty much pushes out anyone with that low attack, especially without extremes.

Hmm, I think a Godsword could be practical for a low level at Tormented Demons. With only 75 attack, would a godsword beat a whip/D Def there? I personally have my doubts.

Anyways, when I made the post pointing out that everyone on tipit or who plays RS, etc, is a moron, I was simply pointing out that having "fun" is, quite often, not the most "efficient" use of your time. Having fun often loses money or has discernible benefits whatsoever, except maybe via examining someone's brain for happiness or something.

It's actually quite ironic how efficiency obsessed RS players can be. "I like hitting higher in the video game." "TOO BAD! IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!" Because, you know, video games aren't? Lol.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png