Questioning Authority

Wee Man

In a lot of clan communities I've noticed that for some officials or leaders their authority is rarely questioned, now I know this isn't the case in all clans but It's a common occurrence that I've seen across the board. Do you consider yourself someone who'd speak out against something you didn't agree with whether it be something like DDoSing or just something like continuing to outlast a clan for a "win" or would you just go along with it? Can this be seen as loyalty to your leaders or are you just worried about "rocking the boat" so to speak?

Personally if it's something petty I'll let it slide but if it's something I consider to be serious I'll bring it to the front of discussion. I'm not always sure if it's the best thing to do but I figure speaking out about something makes you more useful to your clan compared to just accepting it and hoping for the best.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

I've been on both sides of the spectrum (an official and a regular member) so I know what it's like from both sides. That being said, there are different ways to deal with situations, some more productive than others. One example is if you don't agree with your officials, you can't sit there complaining and demoralizing everyone. Try voicing your concerns in a positive and concise manner, maybe in PM, this way others don't lose the motivation. Because the thing is, with longer fights a lot of clans would win if their members didn't become demoralized.

As for official-official relations, a lot of the time they don't agree. The best thing to do would be to support each other in whatever is decided. If, for example, you disagree with a decision the best way is to discuss it and voice your opinions the best way possible in a discussion. It's tricky at times because of hierarchy that can restrict this. Regardless though, the main point I want to address is solidarity. If the officials team isn't solid then the clan will just simply collapse.

j0xPu5R.png

I wouldn't really care either way. Maybe if i did care about the game more then i would speak out if it was something serious but nothing really bothers me about what leaders do.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

From being a member in Clan Europe and teams such as Silent Ember and Team TKO Blitz, I never had to question authority or question decisions by the officials. However in my time of leading Legendz & True Ownage I've had numerous members questioning the authority some ranks have and what direction the clan is headed. This is just as much a good thing as how it could be perceived to be bad. Of course, the negative things dampen the situation, however at the same time receiving feedback, particularly about the bad things is a good way for you to improve your clan and keep members happy.

From my experiences leading clans, and trying to build communities and help clan bonds, I'd definitely raise my concerns if I were to join a new clan as a member. Feedback is crucial, the most important thing is what's done in response to your feedback given. If nothing was to change, I'd probably complain being the honest but outspoken person I am.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

As Jack said, I never had to question authority of any official.

But if I had to, because don't agree with something, I would do it in a very polite way.

I prefer to do so rather than looking to the other side and pretend things aren't happening.

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥

The leaders/ranks I've had made great decisions and were very respectable. There wasn't anything to question, really. So I haven't really experienced much.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

I have questioned and been questioned upon. I tend to be a person who is seen as a respectable person and when a decision is made I choose the option that protects the integrity of the clan. It happens rarely that I am questioned but I do not take it personally.

Sometimes people do need to be called out when they are doing something wrong. It keeps someone in check and makes sure they are doing stuff for the right reasons

flamesig.jpg

like adrian i have questioned and been questioned upon.

I typically got questioned when it involved someone getting kicked. People didn't like their buddies getting kicked for breaking our not so hard to follow rules. Seriously I didn't care how good of a tank,pker or cool guy in teamspeak you were - you botted - you were gone, Lol.

As for here - I like people to question my rules. :P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Just depends on what it is. If it's to improve the clan, I'll agree with them. If it's something in their own interest, I'll question it time after time again.

testzb.png

Mentor of Chivalry Legions | | Chivalry Legions for 2+ Years

#CL on SeersIRC and SwiftIRC, Come visit me <3

I question the leadership all the time. Government should fear the people not the other way around. If they don't like what I say I get a warn level or suspension. They even banned me once but I'm not going to stop questioning what I see as mistakes. That's how despots rule, they don't allow questions or open discussion.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I have been in both cases. Guess its fair for members to question your spot as long as its in a respectable way.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

As has been said repeatedly, there are right ways and wrong ways to go about questioning authority. I'm sure we've all known those people who openly question everything that happens; you can't have those kind of people if you want your clan/team to progress. A better way would be to ask the leader in PM and get their side of whatever it was.

But yes, I've left PKs before because some people wanted to crash. Since I've been ranked I can't really remember anyone questioning my decisions in a non-constructive way, off the top of my head at least.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

I just like to complain about everything. People know this by now, but if something really pisses me off then I'm much more formal in my delivery of the said complaints. Never been in a position to be questioned; that suits me fine.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I question our Coleader Zhandaly and Advisor Fm11 a lot. Usually they're right however there have been situations where they were being stupid.

Usually tmo get [cabbage] done right.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

My relationship with clan members is complicated so to speak. I'm more of a friend to them then a Leader, in other words, if there is something wrong then they will definitly not hesitate to speak out on it. This kind of relationship has both it's good and bad, but if your not careful then the wrong kind of people can take advantage of this and you can lose your authority very easily.

For now, it's the way I want it, people can be honest and speak up without crossing any boundaries or losing respect.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"