Best all around slayer gear?

OrAnoS_eVo

Ok sorry to be asking another question because I've posted three topics or more lately but every ones been great help so I'm back. My question is what is the best all around slayer gear? I'm not rich but not to concerned about money because i want 99 slayer and my main focus is strength but that can change. Also i am aware certain monsters it's better to wear range armor. Any help is much appreciated.

Full slayer helm

fury

fire cape

bandos chestplate

bandos tassets

barrows gloves

dragon boots

berserker ring (i)

chaotic rapier

dragon defender

+ karil's top/bottom and chaotic maul for waterfiends, and possibly CLS + DFS for wyverns.

EDIT: Damn it, forgot claws. VVVVV

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In general, for monsters that don't mage you, you'll want:

Slayer helm

Fury

Bandos chest and tassets

D boots

Rapier

Dragon defender

Barrows gloves

Fire cape

Berserker (i) or normal berserker

D claws for specs

Sometimes you'll switch out Bandos for Karil's or elite void (for the prayer bonus and mage def), and in Kuradal's dungeon you'll obviously use ferocious ring. It's pretty easy to tell when you need to switch out equipment.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'd say:

FSH

Chaotic Rapier

Fire Cape

Bandos

D boots

Berserker Ring

B gloves

D Def

Fury

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Rapier is WAY better than the competition, but if you refuse to get 80 dungeoneering for it, the whip is your best bet.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Abyssal Whip and SS OP.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Quyneax always covers this very well. I figure she'll make it here eventually, but I'll post her regular response for now:

Ignore foursideking's advice, it's ridiculous. Aeil knows his stuff though :).

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +15 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +25 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and abberant spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

mythrandir.png

What would be a good weapon swap for rapier? I don't have 80 dungeonering, or should i get 80?

and don't forget you have to multiply the time you dung by 20k-??k for time lost slayering. Same for imbuing rings.

So if you lose 100 hours getting stuff that is "essential" [sic] you miss out on 2M-?M slayer exp and a ~60M+ in drops.

If you like dunging this isn't a problem. If you are only into slayer it might be. Depends on personal preference.

You might think you need the rapier later for other stuff, or you want to continue leveling dung to 85 for frosties. Then it might be wiser to invest time in dung.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Thanks Mythrandir :).

@ Zotto: imbued rings, fighter torsos, chaotic rapiers etcetera are not efficient if all you want is 99 slayer, but let's be realistic: nobody quits combat after 99 slayer. The rapier will remain useful for a very, very long time.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

This is what I would use if I had everything possible:

Full Slayer Helm (Everything)

Amulet of Fury (Everything)

Bandos Chestplate (General)/Karils Top (Mage Defence)/Prossy Top (Prayer)

Bandos Tassets (General)/Karils Bottom (Mage Defence)/Prossy Legs (Prayer)

Fire Cape (General)/Soul Wars Cape (Prayer)

Whip/Rapier (General)/Zammy Spear/Rapier (Dragons and Waterfiends)

Dragon Defender (Everything)

Dragon Boots (Everything)

Barrows Gloves (Everything)

Berserker Ring (i)/Kuradels Ring (Everything)

Dragon Claws (Easy and Prayer Tasks), EEE (Harder Non Praying Tasks)

I think that's everything :D

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

What would be a good weapon swap for rapier? I don't have 80 dungeonering, or should i get 80?

and don't forget you have to multiply the time you dung by 20k-??k for time lost slayering. Same for imbuing rings.

So if you lose 100 hours getting stuff that is "essential" [sic] you miss out on 2M-?M slayer exp and a ~60M+ in drops.

If you like dunging this isn't a problem. If you are only into slayer it might be. Depends on personal preference.

You might think you need the rapier later for other stuff, or you want to continue leveling dung to 85 for frosties. Then it might be wiser to invest time in dung.

Yeah, because I haven't touched my imbued rings or chaotic items since 99 slayer...

No wait, I use them every single time I boss hunt or have to kill something.

Actually, I got 99 slayer before chaotics even came out, come to think of it... You lucky noobs with your kuradal and your rapiers and your cheap prayer pots... :P

You can lay of the sarcasm.

You are not special. I also got 99 slayer before chaotics. I did a large chunk of the slayer exp before summoning as well. I did till 80 without guthans. etc. I started slaying when it came out.

I actually started skilling after reaching 99 slayer + the occiasional slay to break the grind. No boss hunting.

And no, I don't have anything imbued or a chaotic.

So maybe not everybody does or is as you two assume.

I actually thought this forum was there to give people different perspectives.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Okay, so if you plan on getting 99 slayer but then never, ever want to kill anything after that, then getting a rapier at a low slayer level would be a slight waste of time.

Somehow I don't think many people fit that demographic. In my experience, people get 99 slayer because they enjoy combat, they don't just stop when they get 99 slayer.

Okay, so if you plan on getting 99 slayer but then never, ever want to kill anything after that, then getting a rapier at a low slayer level would be a slight waste of time.

Somehow I don't think many people fit that demographic. In my experience, people get 99 slayer because they enjoy combat, they don't just stop when they get 99 slayer.

This. Getting a rapier is absolutely worth it if you're going to do any combat beyond 99 slayer. Imbued rings are a little more grey, but if you do a lot of MHing or you're slaying far beyond 99, I think they're worth it (I don't regret getting mine).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.