Hegemony

archimage_a

I was basing the subs off of Virginia Class, and Ohio class, and the Destroyer off of the most modern British one I think, for reference. I'll take whatever I overspent, though keep the aircraft carrier the same as the Nimitz is pretty awesome.

Spain announces the construction of a massive nuclear power plant, estimated to be completed on the 1st. It will provide a huge amount of power, and also be much safer than existing nuclear, and much better protected.

Biggest target in existance?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was basing the subs off of Virginia Class, and Ohio class, and the Destroyer off of the most modern British one I think, for reference. I'll take whatever I overspent, though keep the aircraft carrier the same as the Nimitz is pretty awesome.

Spain announces the construction of a massive nuclear power plant, estimated to be completed on the 1st. It will provide a huge amount of power, and also be much safer than existing nuclear, and much better protected.

Hundreds of feet underground, location classified, highly reinforced, and non-meltdownable.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Okay, never mind. :P

I was expecting this giant reactor complex with giant walls and guards, only to be hit by a rain of ICBMs and cause a meltdown.

Wouldn't such a large nuclear power plant require enormous funding though? Nuclear power is already subject to huge amounts of regulation and cost over-run, which would be further amplified if it had to be kept secret and underground. Unless it was a government-run project.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

WOOO FOR BIOFUEL AND HYDROGEN POWER.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

WOOO FOR BIOFUEL AND HYDROGEN POWER.

I have put a decent amount of funding into it, but yeah. Hydrogen is not a source of power. It's a way to transfer energy. You need lots of other energy to create hydrogen.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Hundreds of feet underground, location classified, highly reinforced, and non-meltdownable.

Nuclear meltdown is a process in which a reactor reaches the temperature in at which the reactor core begins melting or otherways sustaining damage, it easily preventable but impossible to render impossible.

WOOO FOR SOLAR POWER.

Really, you should go for solar power, it's cheap and very effective. One helios solar plant costs merely 1 billion (or was it 1 million) and was enough to provide 10% of Japan's power... I bought five of them.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nuclear meltdown is a process in which a reactor reaches the temperature in at which the reactor core begins melting or otherways sustaining damage, it easily preventable but impossible to render impossible.

WOOO FOR SOLAR POWER.

Really, you should go for solar power, it's cheap and very effective. One helios solar plant costs merely 1 billion (or was it 1 million) and was enough to provide 10% of Japan's power... I bought five of them.

The nuclear system I'm using cannot sustain a meltdown, due to the nature of the reactor I'm using. Solar is a lot easier to destroy or disrupt.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yeah, but unlike nuclear power, solar power is not disputed. It is also the most space-efficiant source of power if including the mines neccessary to collect fuel or the dams behind hydroelectric powerplants.

Nuclear is disputed now? And that's assuming the materials for solar panels come out of thin air. Nuclear requires probably the least space per power created, and the fuel I'm using requires pretty little mining since it's pretty much just waste thrown back into the ground in existing mines. Should the climate change, nuclear winter happen, my power will not be disrupted

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Very true, Doom's Nuclear tech is very long term solution. The only potential downside is that Uranium/Plutonium will run out, eventually, which will mean that the reactor can't sustain itself, or can only sustain itself inefficently.

Though the earliest that should occur is 2100.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Doom, solar panels are made from doped silica and any conducting material, your reactors themselves require harder-to-obtain materials than that. Regardless, my plant requires only mirrors (glass and any reflective material, preferably silver) and a tower with molten salt, a steam boiler and a generator.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Though, it uses so little of that I can just stockpile alot. Plus, it works in with my plan. If you're country is powered by solar, and you get bombed, you're super vulnerable to massive energy shortages.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, actually my nation has 120% of its original power production, would be 150% hadn't the nuclear plants closed, anyway if the sun is miraculously blocked out for several days, in which case the salt would eventually cool down, I would be at 70% of 2010 capasity, meaning I'm still providing enough power expected for a warzone. And they can't be bombed all at once, at least not by one bomber, they're placed evenly thoughout Japan.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

*Wink*

Anyway, update will be done as soon as, with all todays extenuating circumstances having now run their course, save one, dinner, and that should be finished soon :thumbup:

Plus about 70% of my energy need could be filled at any time by renewables, I'm about evenly split between renewables and nuclear until this plant is finished.

Spain enacts a decent amount of anti-smoking programs, help with quitting, slowly raising taxes on cigarettes, and so on.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Dear Germany,

Please get the hell out of South America, or there will be war.

Love Brazil

China:

Following a protracted war the Republic of China has unseated the People's Republic of China, which has shrivelled into nothingness.

Argentine War:

Argentine President Hamlet has stepped down. Government sources say that he had taken time out from his busy schedual to hear audience from two poor farmers, when, all of a sudden, a South American ICBM crashed into the roof, loosening a peice of plaster, which fell and crushed the two farmers. Hamlet, on seeing his people killed in this manner immediately struck a pose and remarked 'Something is rotten in the state of Africa', he then tried to lift the great lump by himself, but, despite his straining, he was unable to shift it.

He then struck another pose and said 'Providence has its appointed hour for everything. We cannot command results, we can only strive.' he then said he was stepping down, and that his people should wait for the sign.

Though no one really knows what he meant, and given his disappearence, no one is ever likely to know what he meant, many have taken it to mean the end of the war with the rest of the world, and that they should lay down their arms and live to fight another day.

As such the Argentine State has been occupied by the United States of Africa, Britian and France, all seeking to restore law and order.

The Argentine army has been disbanded, with many returning with terrible wounds inflicted during the last days of the war, largely due to ICBM and Cruise Missile Attacks, a lack of a Government and the exaustion of all petrol for military ambulences...or fighter cover, leading to skies dominated by British, French and African Bombers and Fighters.

The future of Argentina looks bleak, though at least they are no longer at war...though with reperation treaties in full swing, and look set to extract many decades of payments.

Industry in Argentina is also in heavy decline, with the war over and the Government in shambles, there was nothing to stop the large multinationals from pulling out...the end of slavery may also have contributed to this exodus, and it may, neigh, probably will be impossible for Argentina to ever recover...With rebels rising up, claiming to have seen the sign and thus being the true inheritors of Argentina, the occupying forces will have their hands full for many, many years.

Brazil has demanded the immediate withdrawel of Foreign Forces, now that Argentina is subdued, to which the British and French have agreed to open negotiations on.

Total Casualties:

Many hundreds of thousands. 2< Million

South Africa: 100 ICBMs, 40 Aircraft and 1 submarine.

The aftermath in Europe is expected to be quite serious, as both Britian and France had prepared for a longer war, with Military Industry still fully mobilised. France has, unfortunately, no where to send the surplus and is suffocating under it. Britian has begun aiding Canada, providing a steady stream of fighters, bombers and military equipment...Though is remaining offically neutral in the war.

Switzerland

Switzerland has reaffirmed their commitment to National Service.

South Africa:

"With the successful conclusion of the South American war, one would assume that South Africa would take a break, relax...But no! We find them pilfering from Germany!" Says one Clear Sky Operative. "We had heard that South Africa was quite simply the best in the field of espionage, and had wished them to test...to see...if the German Countermeasures were sufficent to protect the vast technological power that they hold. Instead they bring is jibberish on disks! Our agents in Germany have recieved information that the German Government knew of the deception and had taken steps to prevent the data being stolen. Germany truely is the country destined to lead humanity out of the valley of the shadow and into the sunlit uplands of peace and prosperity."

~African Newspaper, Article 'Is South Africa Past it?'

In this, the election year for the New President of the United States of Africa, South Africa is dragging its heels. Last year's raidings shocked all of Africa...for all the bluff and rethoric, South Africa was as frail as any other.

Now, with their complicity in a failed attempt to steal technology from Germany exposed, South Africa has become a Lame Duck, with power slipping towards Libya...

America

American Bombers have been shot down, apparently Canada prepared for the assault on Regina...Shocking in many ways, especially to the Americans, who didn't realise how many AA guns could be built over the course of a year.

The Canadian War itself has begun to lose ground, with Germany's increasing presence in the war the American Army, Navy and airforce have begun taking increasing losses, while Canada is taking fewer losses.

The Siege of Ottawa has finally been broken, largely due to German Blitz and Storm Eurofighters, new this year. The aircraft quickly scared the American Pilots from the sky, with their superiour manouevring and targetting abilities, outmatching the older American planes in practically everyway.

The Americans, who had been more or less instructed to fight until the Canadians gave up, found themselves without air support, and shortly thereafter began experiancing supply shortages as German forces began executing hit and run tactics, as well as interdiction.

At home Germany has recieved an offical commendation from Clear Sky as having good security following the South African attempt to steal research.

Across the seas and Germany is beginning a Green, Hydrogen, Economy in the Congo, Australia, and the Phillipines. The new fuel conversion, along with car exports has been enough to raise German growth by 2%, as well as reduce emissions by 6,000.

Peru, however, declined the investment, favouring a large bonus from Brazil instead.

I'll pass I guess, wouldn't want to steal that from Icu. How much would it cost to do the same in other countries?

Just remember to stay out of South America. :)

If someone in South America wants to buy cheap hydrogen, that's their deal. But it'd probably be better for me to focus elsewhere anyhow.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oh, I didn't mean that you couldn't sell hydrogen in South America.

I was just asking you not to invest in South America. We would love to have Spain as a trading partner, just not one that is building influence in the region.

Gotcha. I'm not really interested in increasing my sphere of influence (beyond trade/economic) beyond my region, at least not for a long time.

From playing Brazil most of the games in the past, I understand your stance.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain