Hegemony

archimage_a

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, willkommen Gary.

Another thing to remember is whether you want to say things in character or out of character. In character means you are the leader of your country actually saying something to the world, while out of character is just idle (or sometimes more) chat with other Hegemony players. Usually OOC can't be used directly to hurt you, but ya never know. :)

The most important rule in Hegemony: everyone is doing something for themselves. Some people (like me and early Grim) gank directly, while others (like Wisp and late Grim) gank more cunningly. Everyone has their own nefarious purpose for using other people, except me. I'm all good. No need to fear me.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I don't tell secrets and I don't lie, if you put your trust in me I will deliver if I can. However don't piss me off, the resulting war will be swift, however the pre-combat flame war will go on seemingly forever.

Also I am prone to do things that are as confusing as they are hilarious and stupid. Look at Icu's sig for an example.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Germany:

Germany has rolled out its first 2nd Generation Bio-fuel field, this rapid breakthrough has ignored many scientific protocols and has widely been regarded as bad science by the rest of the world. It has, however, been completed.

Boats from Germany have been bombed in the Pacific, by the Chinese Airforce. The vessels were laying mines and thus were fair game. Germany has issued a declaration of war to avenge the families lost in the battle. China has, likewise, declared war due to Germany mining the trade routes between them and Japan. Japan has also declared war in support of China.

At home Germany has invested in Rostok, and the German Chancellor used this platform to make a speech on the dangers of the modern world, and to ask the Germany people to sign up, to protect the world from Tyranny.

Germany security officals have been seen lighting bonfires in trashcans filled with 'HIGH SECURITY IS REQUIRED' Notices. Or they would have been, if they hadn't been arrested for disturbing the public order, and for polluting the environment. The fires were later disposed of by means of explosion, when questioned the officer in charge replied 'If I get another one of those damned memos I am gonna have to arrest myself or I don't know what I will do!'

Fiction in Germany has developed quite considerably in the past few years, becoming dominated with Sci-Fi novels, but also the ethics behind the novels. Clear Sky has taken responsibility for writing some of these novels and is petitioning for the release of bussinessmen arrested by the German Government. When reporters questioned the Clear Sky writers they replied 'Just because someone believes Science is Out of Control, doesn't make them a terrorist!'

They were then arrested for crimes against humanity and their petition was recycled, ironically, into memos asking for higher security measures.

While the man in the street suffers under the eye of 'The Man', large areas, such as sports areanas, have been converted in to Refugee Centers, taking people fleeing from China, Japan, Indonesia, Canada, Argentina, Africa, America, the Middle East, Australia, Russia and South America. There are over 6 million foreign nationals currently housed in these centers, with limited access to basic amenities like showers and sanitation, as such disease and illness is running rife, and the food bill has skyrocketed, forcing the Government to raise taxes by 5%.

However Germany is now see as a front runner in Ethics the modern world, both for this, and intervening in all three of the current ethical crisises in the world.(+6 Moral Standing)

50,000 highly trained soliders have been deployed to Toronto, how exactly they arrived in Canada is unknown, they just sort of appeared on a beach, though locals say that there were submarines. Though Germany doesn't have that many Submarines so this has been discounted.

In any event the Germans disembarked at Canadian held Qubeck, before advancing south down highway 40 to Montreal, where they helped break deadlock, allowing Canada to repulse the strike force there. However, with highway 201 largely in American hands, and without any airfields in the area to support the German Eurofighters, the German force turned towards Ottawa instead, joining the defence there, parts of the German Airforce landing nearby, providing arial support.

The three German Aircraft carriers then retreated to Kiel, with their planes now based in airbases.

Meanwhile Destroyers, flanked by different Submarines, these ones apparently German, advanced along the Argentine coast, launching cruise missile attacks on Military bases. The Argentine airforce, numbering some 1,000 of the new 'Biro' Jet fighter/bomber, launched bombing runs against the fleet, sinking all but one of the destroyers, which limped into Mare Harbour, East Falkland.

This attack was supposed to include 10 newly commissioned battleships, however the designs for these ships have not yet been completed. If they had been present the effect would, in all likelyhood, have been negligable.

Also meanwhile, troops recruited just this year were rushed to Australia, initially to help with the rebuilding effort. They were onhand to arrest some 700 Japanese Pilots.

Total Casualities:

18,000 American Germans

4 Destroyers

10 Submarines

38 Euro-Fighters

Japan:

Japan launched as, somewhat decisive, ICBM strike against Indonesia earlier this year, which destroyed Indonesia's one Missile Silo, along with 2 ICBMs stored there.

Indonesia, which had been monitoring the Chinese and Japanese carefully, knew that a joint assault was in the offing, and, knowing that Japan had recently installed a Missile Defence system around Toyko (Seriously, its hard to miss), they launched a devestating counter SLBM attack on the Chinese Army, destroying over half of it.

Japan's second ICBM then crashed down in the Indonesian Capital. The ICBM destroyed several buildings and started raging fires.

Japanese fighters arrived shortly after this and proceeded to attack Indonesian Anti-Aircraft emplacements. Because of careful intelligence gathering the Indonesian defences were entirely compromised within two hours, allowing the rest of the Japanese airforce to arrive, laden with bombs, which were then dropped onto Jakarta, virtually leveling the city. A second force bombed the Borneo Silo.

Some five million civilians to escape before the carpet bombing took place, with another 3 Million taking cover in the Ultra-Reinforced Concrete Bunkers, buried deep underground, away from the death dealing explosives.

The Indonesian Airforce, consisting of some 50 planes altogether, never hoped to engage the 148 planes arrayed against them. Instead a strike team of 2 Harriers, hugging the ocean to avoid radar detection, set off for the five aircraft circling around the islands, devoid of any kind of protection. Indonesian Command realised that these five aircraft were extenders, and, thanks to a pocket calculator, wikipedia and radar, knew that the Japanese airforce would need to refuel at least once before returning home. Thus, when the first bombers began to head for the extenders, the Harriers rose vertically and opened fire, downing all five of the extenders. The Japanese broke off their attack within minutes, though by this point only a handful of aircraft had enough fuel to reach Japan, thus turned and headed for Australia, where they were captured and arrested by the German Forces there.

Indonesian Casualties: 1 ICBM Silo, 30 ICBMs used, 2 ICBMs destroyed, 1.58 Million Civilians, numerous defensive installations.

Japanese Casualities:

5 KC-10 Extender destroyed

4 F-35 Lightning crashed

6 F-35 Lightning impounded by Germany

71 F-16 Fighting Falcon impounded by Germany

12 F-16 Fighing Falcon shot down/crashed

20 AH-64 Apache shot down/crashed

30 AH-64 Apache impounded by Germany

Spain:

Spain makes a speech condemning America's invasion of Canada, and evacuated over a million people.

Argentina:

Argentina has begun a massive overhaul to its social spending. However this has not been enough to quiet slave rebels, who have been forced into building dozens of ships and thousands of aircraft, with the sole intention of keeping them enslaved!

Argentina has introduced a 'Shoot on sight' policy of rebel slaves, which has only made the situation worse, as innocent slaves are getting shot, and are rising up against this injustice as well. In total some 400,000 Slaves are rioting.

This situation was made considerably worse when several of the key military commanders killed by African Kill Teams, specifically South African. The Kill Teams abandoned any sense of subtly and their tactics ranged from smashing open a gas pipe and setting light to it, to poisoned soup, to anthrax by mail.

The South Africans also took to the streets, calling for slaves to rise up, though this ended very quickly due to the 'shoot on sight' policy.

The general confusement made it near impossible to co-ordinate defence when the inital Coalition attacks came, though as the week wore on the replacement commander were housed in special bunkers, away from the threat of exploding icepicks or anthrax ferrets.

It was also the case that South African Interdiction of the roads slowed down responces by the Argentinian Army. However overwhelming air support resulted in the total destruction of the African Airforce before they could complete even half of their objectives, made sure that the overall affect was limited.

The Argentinian people have come out in support of their leader Hamlet the Argentine, who made an epic speech:

"This is I, Hamlet the Argentine, I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room. This morning the Argentine Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government a final note stating that unless we heard from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Argentina, a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany.

You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me that all my long struggle to win peace has failed.

Yet I cannot believe that there is anything more or anything different that I could have done and that would have been more successful. Up to the very last it would have been quite possible to have arranged a peaceful and honourable settlement between Germany and Argentina.

But Hitler would not have it. He had evidently made up his mind to attack Argentina whatever happened; and although he now says he put forward reasonable proposals which were rejected by us, that is not a true statement. The proposals were never shown to us; and though they were announced in the German broadcast on Thursday night, Hitler did not wait to hear comments on them, but ordered his troops to land in Argentina the next morning.

His action shows convincingly that there is no chance of expecting that this man will ever give up his practice of using force to gain his will. He can only be stopped by force and we are to-day, in fulfilment of our obligations, going to the aid of our people, who are so bravely resisting this wicked and unprovoked attack upon our people.

We have a clear conscience. We have done all that any country could do to establish peace, but a situation in which no word given by Germany's ruler could be trusted and no people or country could feel themselves safe had become intolerable. And now that we have resolved to finish it, I know that you will all play your part with calmness and courage."

Many thousands have come out, armed with whatever they can, to fight to the very last man, woman and child.

Total Casualities:

Argentine Soliders: 1,500,000

Argentine Civilians: 690,000

800 Airplanes, 1 Aircraft Carrier, 9 Destroyers, 1 Submarine.

United States of Africa/Coaltion:

Build up to War:

Argentine Submarines harressed the African fleet, sinking three destroyers, but failing to make any real progress against the transports or aircraft carriers.

Counter packs of submarines were sent out, and engaged the submarines, sinking one of them before they broke off.

Once the African fleet had arrived in the Falklands the Submarines departed for the Argentine Harbours and docks, sinking one aircraft carrier and two destroyers before any responce could be mounted. As the destroyers and ground fighters took off the Submarines continued their assault, taking down another seven destroyers before fleeing, losing three submarines.

In Argentina proper, South Afican Agents, who had been there for the best part of a decade, turned on the Argentinan Government, using a varity of ingenious tactics to decapitate the Argentine Command Structure, allowing for a brief window of Air Superiority, which the British and French used to their full advantage, landing a half a million men on the beeches and engaging a similarly sized Argentine Army. Initially the British pressed the Air Advantage, forcing the Argentine Army backwards, with the African Airforce targetting the airfields, military bases and drydocks, however this quickly narrowed to airfields when it became undeniably obvious that they were outnumbered in terms of air power. But as the forth day drew on the Argentine Biros began running mass attacks, overwhelming the 400 planes of the entire coalition, ensuring that the rest of the campaign featured only Argentine Aircraft.

Only occasional African Cruise Missile attacks were able to cause any damage following this.

As the campaign rumbled on it became increasingly apparent that the Coalitions battle plan was out of date and, for all intents and purposes, useless. The push towards the Captial was abandonded in favour of survival against the harrowing air attacks, and not getting swallowed up by the massive army, as happened with many of the early tank pushes:

In which a wedge of tanks would drive through the Infantry lines, while Infantry coming up behind them would keep the gap open, and attack the exposed flanks. Instead the wedge of tanks drove into the mire of infantry, eventually destroyed by attrition and handgrenades, while the army behind them soon was cut off in an exposed line which was, itself, open at the flanks.

The Slaves, originally a source of major Argentine strife, became a major millstone around the Coalition's neck, requiring feeding and medical supplies, as well as transport away from the combat area.

The eventual area captured is about the size of neighbouring Uruaguay.

Possibly the only peice of good news is the near exaustion of Argentine Oil Supplies, though Brazilian merchants have been spotted negotiating with Argentina.

Total Casualities:

380,000 coalition Soliders

280 coalition tanks

2 Destroyers

240 fighters

80,000 South African Infantry

380 South African tanks

3 submarines

8 eurofighters

10 stratofortresses

9 eurotiger attack helicopters

5 air to air tankers

Finally, Paraguay has risen up while Argentina was busy fighting elsewhere and declared independence, capturing the limited garrison.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

welp, i guess

fwiw none of the slaves were south african as I did tell you from "senegal to ghana" but it's all the same

--

The massive loss of life is unacceptable, Argentinian casualties must be compensated for. Unless the Coalition surrenders immediately, all out war will be declared.

Argentina appeals to their allies and neighbours the Brazilians to intervene, as they said they would, now that South America has come under attack from foreign and alien nations.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Three things:

First: Which Capitol do you mean?

People's Consultative Assembly

Regional Representative Council

People's Representative Council

Rocco's House

The Supreme Court

Constitutional Court

Judicial Commission

The Cabinet

Its quite alot of buildings to bomb...and:

Second: ICBMs are accurate to within half a kilometer...thats not a brilliant method of hitting buildings that are less than 100 meters wide. Rocco hasn't told me he was building a villa the size of 4 football stadium so...

Third: Carpet bombing is the large scale bombing of large targets e.g. cities

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I think the game leaders go like this

You're not the leader, but the will of the leader. So if the leader is assasinated, the new one still has the same will.

I thought I said that the security was decreased, but I may have clicked off that edit, no biggy.

Also I say that the mines were for incase China attacked Japan, which we were originally worried about, by the time we realised what actually was going on, it was too late and the mines were being laid, we had no intention to hurt the trade between the two nations.

I ask America to pull out of Canada again.

I extend an alliance offering to Australia and Canada, as we respect both nations and have gladly protected them.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I would imagine i'd have a map of the mines, instead of needing a minesweeper.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Sorry guys, I was going to join Hegemony last week, but I was banned for posting a picture of Hitler.

Anyway, I'm back, so I'll join as Russia. :)

Backstory in a min.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Killing the leader ends the game for someone? What about if the game lasts for more than 50 or so years, so that the leader would have died of natural causes? (Ignoring the fact that most leaders aren't in power for more than 8 years or so)

We Russian have always been misunderstood. The West say we are closet communist, but we, the government of the Russian Federation, assure this is not true. The Russian Federation is committed to fighting vile criminal scum and helping the world. We love people, we like helping people.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Assuming the ICBM had a range of... 5km², then it would logically have killed 72,320... so either ICBMs have an extremely high yield or I hit a busy street... logically I should have killed Rocco wither way, but I just gotta hope my estimations are accurate.

Sorry for the double post, I partially expected a post in between and partially forgot to edit.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1