Should Players initiate a Class Action Lawsuit

ckutzler

If you have contracts with paying customers, you as company must do as the contract says.

I do not think Jagex has an agreement with us that they will remove bots.

They only made news articles etc. its how many companies mislead customers, they say they might do something and people actually think they will do it and it draws customers.

One thing though, they know that there are cheaters/botters they have their names etc. but still not banning them while a legit player that bots for 1 day get banned.

That is wrong.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of common sense, I'm going to try and talk a bit of sense (seemingly impossible on this thread) by stating some facts:

1. Jagex does not encourage botting to make money. They try and do the opposite in order to keep members paying and get money.

2. It's not possible to sue Jagex, botters, or people who encourage botting. For those Americans out there, Jagex is based in the UK, meaning they adhere to a legal system where you can't sue people vast sums for petty reasons.

3. However, it is unfortunate that some encourage botting, and I think Jagex ought to ban any who do so on RSOF.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

1. Jagex does not encourage botting to make money. They try and do the opposite in order to keep members paying and get money.

They sure as hell are making a pretty penny off of them. I would assume less then 1 in every 8 people at Soul Wars are actually people. Go to Aviansies. Go to dragons; green, blue, anything. Check out the Sorcerer's Garden. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if they've out numbered real people already.

Can't tell me Jagex is complaining about their wallet size swelling.

09144a99bb.png

For the sake of common sense, I'm going to try and talk a bit of sense (seemingly impossible on this thread) by stating some facts:

2. It's not possible to sue Jagex, botters, or people who encourage botting. For those Americans out there, Jagex is based in the UK, meaning they adhere to a legal system where you can't sue people vast sums for petty reasons.

3. However, it is unfortunate that some encourage botting, and I think Jagex ought to ban any who do so on RSOF.

1. ofc they don't encourage it flatly- but not doing it enough to stop it and not punishing those is as good as encouragement. that + free trade...that's really a lot of under the table encouragement right there.

2. It's definitely possible sue, bothways - Jagex is having a long drawn out lawsuit with a major botmaker right now although it's so far been a big legal fail on Jagex's part. I might post a at length thread later on this. You can sue Jagex right here in the U.S. because they do business here. I'm not saying the lawsuit will lead to anything, but you certainly have the right to sue. You cannot sue other botters.... that enforcement is on Jagex's part.

3. this is your opinion and not really a fact...but yes I agree with you that encouraging botting is as good as botting.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg