FBI needs help!

Atom Smash40

I presume the they've already done obvious things like replacing A with B, or A with C, and so on and so forth.. although there are 6.156x10^36 combonations, if my calculation is correct... There are almost an infinate amount of possiblities, especially if he changed code halfway through, or hid the actual code inside the encrypted text >.> Thus brute force is pretty much useless here I think...

I wonder what the significance of the brackets is.. perhaps its some code that he's using to encrypt it? Or perhaps not, seeing as there are rather a few. They must have some significance though, looking at the frequency of them. Looking at part 2 again, some of it does look like slang, or words with letters removed in such a fashion: wrd wt ltrs rmvd n fshn

Complex... it would be helpful if the FBI could/would disclose what they had already tried on it.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hi,

Considering that everything happened in Missouri can speculate that the tickets were written in English. (I searched for more information about Uncle Died but I not found not interesting to hear any more photos, and more personal data married / unmarried who graduated from schools that have nationality, etc.)

I would like to suggest because I'm Romanian and search through a dictionary of abbreviations and shortcuts possibly knowing the language very well.

Good luck !!!!!!

Regards Adrian Voinea

Look for a sequence of 3 letters that is common throughout the text. This sequence of characters could likely be considered to be the word 'the'. If you successfully figure out which letters Ricky used for t h and e you will be closer to finding out how to decrpyt the code. Also, look for one letter that always follows the amount of letters that most commonly make up a word (for example, some of the most common words are 3, 4 and 5 letters long, and if there is one character that almost always follows these, you may be able to figure out that it is 'I', because 'I' is used very commonly...especially in documents regarding oneself). Numbers found in the text may actually be numbers, and he may be using them to write down an address. Search for two letters that are always in sequence, these could represent the word 'my'. I would suggest doing this same tactic to find all the words that are most commonly used in documents. I hope this helps. Also, it does not always have to be that one character represents one letter, a combination of two characters could be representative of one letter.

I only see two possibilities, both resulting in the same outcome. If the notes were written by the killer, left on the body for the police to find, it stands to reason that the killer wants them to decrypt it. It is more likely that the FBI has decrypted it, even if they have not; I do not think they are really looking for the general publics help. It is more likely that they want the killer to send them the message since they are asking it to be sent by mail they are looking for physical evidence.

I may have said too much and become a suspect now.

I only see two possibilities, both resulting in the same outcome. If the notes were written by the killer, left on the body for the police to find, it stands to reason that the killer wants them to decrypt it. It is more likely that the FBI has decrypted it, even if they have not; I do not think they are really looking for the general publics help. It is more likely that they want the killer to send them the message since they are asking it to be sent by mail they are looking for physical evidence.

I may have said too much and become a suspect now.

Interesting idea, but they've already verified it was the victim writing the notes.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti