so jagex lied

Kevin_

OMG!!! JAGEX LIED11111

seriously, cut them some slack, ur lucky to have weekly updates let alone HUGE weekly updates like this.

If i were you i would stop complaining, theres only so much these people can do so just have patience and im sure they will be added in plenty of time.

remember, patience is a virtue.

THANK YOU!!!! listen to him they also have to work on all the bugs and servers and weekly updates cut em some slack, and besides, if u go to the futre updates on the offical forums u'll c a post that was posted months ago sayin, well we wanna perfect it so we're no were near finishing it yet.... it's because people lyk u keep complainin about things wen they're not PERFECT

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again it was supposed to come out in classic :roll: well carpentry anyway

they had carpentry on rsc, poh's were talked about in 2002.. i remember being in woodshop and the kids i played with drawing castles and what not saying yo lets get a r2h and defend our houses and own up noobs and shuch.

:?

They did the same thing when they originally announced RS2. It was announced to be released at the end of 2002 and the beta wasn't released until December 2003, and the full version at the end of March 2004. Hopefully Jagex has learned from things like this and won't be giving us any dates when something will be released. I'd rather be suprised by an update than anticipating what it might be and waiting forever for it then have it turn out to be something completely different.

pedestrian01.png

POH will be just like farming it will be client side... i am so tired of noobs going on about it...

"pmfg li3k c0m3 t0 m3h h0us3 and w3 hav3 t3h party!!11 i l0v3 P0h!!!11on!111"

this wont happen it will just end up like farming and remember the poll after farming about who likes it or whatever? they took it down because all they got was negative comments

sigjicu0.gif

there were a few topics about this over the holidays. They said they "MAY" have it done by year's end. Kinda tired of seeing ppl say the same thing over and over again. They said maybe, and that is that.

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

why does every1 want carpentry so bad

what would u even do with carpentry?

Create furniture and houses I presume. Teak and mahogany logs are in need of a decent use. Although furniture in a world where you can't sit or lie down makes very little sense.

siganizq4.gif

They did the same thing when they originally announced RS2. It was announced to be released at the end of 2002 and the beta wasn't released until December 2003, and the full version at the end of March 2004. Hopefully Jagex has learned from things like this and won't be giving us any dates when something will be released. I'd rather be suprised by an update than anticipating what it might be and waiting forever for it then have it turn out to be something completely different.

First of all... origionally they weren't going to do an entire engine rebuild. They were simply aiming to improve the graphics/imagry.

If I'm not mistaken... they started working on improving things and then decided to scrap it because they wanted the engine to be able to do more then what it could. So then plans changed and they started working on making an entire new engine. Otherwise... we would still be stuck with the same crummy engine and probably not nearly as many "good updates". And POHs and even farming probably wouldn't have been a possibility at all (and Slayer might not have even been able to be done on the old engine either, now that I think of it).

So delays can be good at times, they just simply shouldn't announce their intentions until they know what they need to do... and know whether it will work or not.

And releasing RS2 in beta form first wasn't a bad idea... if thats what you were implying. :wink:

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Honestly, I could care less if carpentry or player owned houses ever came out. I mean comon, look at RS....they could stop updates for an entire YEAR and there would be MORE then enough for people to do.

A free download and only 5 bucks a month for members is nothing compared to alot of games (tho I dont know a ton of games, i know some friends that play a few like WoW)....and we get updates usually on a weekly basis...

My only complaint is that Jagex shouldnt have madepromises they cant keep. They have been talking about these updates for YEARS and still nothing. I would think by now they would realise that they are huge updates that need a LOT of testing and work....so they shouldnt give a release date.

Same as the monthly behind the scenes...I think those are HORRIBLE. Id much rather be surprised by an update and see what it is then be told a month in advance, then speculate about it, then be disapointed.

I know its still "toward the end of the year" but I think for once, Jagex should just be straightt with us and make a new announcement saying somehting like hey, we are sorry, we have been working extremely hard on promised updates, but they arent currently ready yet as they still need alot of testing and work. A release date will not be given as updates as big as these are unpredictable.

If they wanted to give any sort of time frame they could give a sort of percentage complete type of thing...like we are around 65% done developing the carpentry skill. (If i remember they did something leik that with the RS2 updates right?)

I think Jagex does an amazing job updating the game, they just need to learn to not promise updates that most likely wont be done in time. Especially updates that have been talked about since rsc.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

OMG!!! JAGEX LIED11111

seriously, cut them some slack, ur lucky to have weekly updates let alone HUGE weekly updates like this.

If i were you i would stop complaining, theres only so much these people can do so just have patience and im sure they will be added in plenty of time.

remember, patience is a virtue.

Really? I thought it was a noun?

and. yes. We should all have patience...but...Seriously. As Zot said. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Would you like your parents/significant other to promise you something huge and then just blow you off?

Probably not.

Its just frustrating.

for those who remember, jagex posted up date while back about PoH and Carpentry coming out before end of year. well it is now 2006 and still not out.

PLEASE NOTE:

We have seperated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towards the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

now i don't have anything against jagex , but they don't need to make a promise when they aren't able to forfill it.

I cannot see any date for it :roll:

lol..can't read?

I can read very well, "thank you".

Going kinda off topic, but:

Watch your words.

for those who remember, jagex posted up date while back about PoH and Carpentry coming out before end of year. well it is now 2006 and still not out.

PLEASE NOTE:

We have seperated Farming from Player-Owned Houses in order to bring it to you sooner. Player Owned Houses are still being worked on along with the Carpentry skill for release towards the end of this year - Honestly! :-)

now i don't have anything against jagex , but they don't need to make a promise when they aren't able to forfill it.

I cannot see any date for it :roll:

lol..can't read?

I can read very well, "thank you".

Going kinda off topic, but:

Watch your words.

dude, sue said she didnt see a date. their is no date stated. i suggest you read before you speak, and between reading and speaking think

i would rather see POH and carpentry delayed for months to be released as good and entertaining skills rather than see it turn into another farming which people will start flaming when it comes out anyway.

one easy solution to being frustrated is to not pay attention to the whole situation at all; if it comes unexpectedly, you'll be alot happier when it arrives.

ubersig2se0.jpg

PLEASE NOTE:

they never said this year they said "end of the year"

How about you stop having a whine about RuneScape and buy some of my steel nails for 28gp ea in the grand exchange, maybe some oak planks, and a hammer, build a bridge and get over it?

PLEASE NOTE:

therefore implaying that indead it was this year, but it was latter in the year

i would rather see POH and carpentry delayed for months to be released as good and entertaining skills rather than see it turn into another farming which people will start flaming when it comes out anyway.

Farming is not the way it is becuase they didnt take longer to work on it, it was clearly made the way it was, and was planed that way. Carpentry and POHs dont have to entertain, its what can be used with them later :wink:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

PLEASE NOTE:

If they said that in 2005,then it would mean it would be released in the 4th quarter of the year.December is the end of year,January is beginning of the year.Hence,Jagex lied.

My assumption is that there is a SMALL chance that it might come out on the 3rd of January, since that's when the christmas update dissapears, but then again mabye not. But all in all i expect a update on that date since they've been dry on updates for a week or two.

Just to correct myself on what i said.... Looks like Jagex changed their statement that the christmas update would be taken down on the 3rd, and changed it to the 4th. (I don't know when they changed it but i remember that on the day of the christmas update it was the 3rd, oh well). So if anything is coming out it's gonna be tomorow.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.