What do you look for in a clan?

Grogthurk

I could put in a bunch of parameters to measure what people look for in a clan, but that focuses this topic in a direction I'm not so sure it should go.

So I'll leave it open. What do you guys look for in a clan? Maybe not just Runescape related, but overall. What sorts of things should a clan do?

I'll post what I think after we get a few posts.

top_lel_face.png

I want my clan members to be nice to chat to. After all, what's the point in being a member of a clan if you're just gonna be silent all the way through?

Also they need to have at least some knowledge of the overall game. Right now, the clan I'm in fits both my criterias. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

A clan is in the first place a social environment: it creates in a big group "us" and "them". So it helps a person feeling more at "home" and relaxed when playing with his clan.

That is the very definition of a clan..

But I guess most "clans" in runescape should be renamed to "teams", they aren't formed to create social environments, but instead are formed because of a common interest. And only revolve around that. (A clan should always surpass the game, as when people get along and become good friends you won't limit it to 1 game.)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

A friendly group of people with a relaxed view on commitment, so long as they understand that real life events will always take precedence over ingame things, regardless of when they were planned, I'd be happy with them

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Reasons I chose my current clan and previous clans:

- Friendly

- Reliable for events, particularly boss-hunting events (my clan does corp every saturday and sunday evening, it's part of the reason I like them so much)

- High leveled members - help with the boss-hunting

- Medium-sized memberlist of around 50

• 3 months later...

What i look for in a clan is everyone being treated equally and fairly.

After joining many clans, I didn't find one that was really suited to me, So i decided to start a new one.

Slightly off from what you've asked, I've aimed the clan at what *I* look for, So like stated, everyone is treated equally, from Admins to recruits. Also, We're active and friendly, hold events for every type of player.

So overall, I look for a welcoming non elitist clan :)

coolte10.png