MTK help...

Vezon Dash

I just completed the quest for MTK, and I'm working on the second one as I type this.... My question is what will make the most profit. I hear that max on trees is the way to go, but I'm not sure. So help would be appreciated.

I will also be collecting once a week.

10 maples / 5 coal if you wait a long time to collect your goods.

I haven't actually done the math - but I think if you just let your popularity fall and collect once a week, you should get more nests from the woods.

However, if you keep your popularity up - it seems that you'll be getting more of a benefit from 10 maples/5 coals vs. 9 maples/6 coals

I've been trying to find somebody to compare my data to though.

However, rather then letting the popularity fall every day - I go once a day and rake the patches (literally takes about 10 seconds) on my bush runs.

Anybody interested to see how these numbers match up?

capt%20kevin.png

9 maples, 6 coal

this 9 maples gives the same amount of nests as 10 maples if you collect every day like i do

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

9 maples, 6 coal

this 9 maples gives the same amount of nests as 10 maples if you collect every day like i do

I don't understand this logic much.

If you're going to collect everyday - you're clearly in Miscellania.

If you're there - why not use the time to get your popularity up to 100% instead?

Then at the end of the week, you'll be getting more of a profit from

1.) 10 maples/5 coal VS. 2.) 9 maples /6 coals

If you're going to put in time there - might as well wait a couple more days and just reap the benefits :/

capt%20kevin.png

i am not already there but RoW has a teleport there where i get my popularity up everytime before i collect, i dont wait because well i have no patience and i am already there to get my popularity up

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Don't quote me on this, but wasn't some research done to show that waiting has more of a benefit than collecting everyday due to decimals being involved? And since Jagex rounds down, you wait until those decimals add up to give you another number. Also similar research I have seen (again cannot provide as I cannot recall where I saw it, but I know it was on these forums) suggests that 9/6 is a better ratio than 10/5, as both 9 and 10 give the same amount, however 6 gets bumped up a tier over 5.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but this is just going by my memory from previous advice given.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Don't quote me on this, but wasn't some research done to show that waiting has more of a benefit than collecting everyday due to decimals being involved? And since Jagex rounds down, you wait until those decimals add up to give you another number. Also similar research I have seen (again cannot provide as I cannot recall where I saw it, but I know it was on these forums) suggests that 9/6 is a better ratio than 10/5, as both 9 and 10 give the same amount, however 6 gets bumped up a tier over 5.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but this is just going by my memory from previous advice given.

You do 10/5 for the better maple ratio which in turn increases your # of nests.

Since maple does give a slight profit (I believe it's actually pretty significant now) and the nests are supposedly the majority of your income - well, it makes sense that you get more maple.

The thing is if you collect daily on a 9/6, then you're getting the same amount of bird nests.

However if you go 10/5 and collect weekly - you'll end up with more bird nests

capt%20kevin.png

Since maple does give a slight profit (I believe it's actually pretty significant now) and the nests are supposedly the majority of your income - well, it makes sense that you get more maple.

The thing is if you collect daily on a 9/6, then you're getting the same amount of bird nests.

You quoted him on it. The irony...it kills ;)

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You quoted him on it. The irony...it kills ;)

:shame: Naughty Naughty! And thanks for correcting my mistake!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~