Unsavory Suggestions

pal2002

[hide=Lot's of caps]OMG RUNESCAPE HAS BOTS. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS IM GONNA QUIT RIGHT NOW IT'S TOTALLY RUINING MY LIFE OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I DONT KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED THANK GOD YOU TOLD ME NOW I WILL NO LONGER WASTE MY TIME. I AM GONNA TAKE JAGEX STRAIGHT TO COURT AND GET THEM ALL BANNED YOU ARE MY SAVIOUR[/hide]

seriously get some originality

Edited by PoorLepRecon
Hid the all caps text

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I can't scroll down on my iPhone. Anyway, Ragnarok Online. The game is incredibly bot ridden.

yea botting runescape is brand new it's only been around since 2001

You know what, I'm extremely sick of this argument. :angry:

I'm played since that era - yes there was some bots, or as we called it back then - autoers - but did you know how HARD it was to actually find one in game? Everyone talked. Jagex made constant threats that really kept mostly everything in line. And I remember yahooling (yes, this was before google got big) autoers and finding absolutely NOTHING like the organized community of cheaters we have now. And the sad thing is, they're all much larger than TIF or RSOF. (TIF/scapeboard was the largest rs community for the longest time)

I'll say this again, botting/cheating has NEVER been this bad - 30-50% of the online population are bots, probably just the same percentage of the playerbase who cheats. I dare you to go out there and find a single MMO that has this kind of rampant, uncontrolled cheating.

And back to the topic, YES, it shows a lot of bots - but that was not really my intention at all - I was just trying to find something funny with RS related search terms. As someone very un-nicely put it, a RS failblog auto-complete knockoff. I will be posting new graphs/charts/searches/trends on rs and rs cheating traffic versus other things - but this thread is not it.

top_lel_face.png

Botting is easier to do in RuneScape because it's browser based and the majority of the game is based on repetition. Not to mention the graphics in general is a lot different in World of Warcraft than RuneScape, so that can affect a lot of bots. (There's many other reasons, but those are just two prime examples.)

j0xPu5R.png

Since we're bent out on the note of it, guess what I got when I used the starting phrase "Hot RuneScape"...

20110429-Google_Suggestions-Hot_RuneScape.png

... which left me wondering, "Did Google's server get hot under its' collar?", seeing as I haven't been doing any searching that would result in this. I wonder if it got affected by the wedding in the UK... :-k

~D. V. "Damnit, Google, you blew it again!!!" Devnull

(p.s.: Studio17, you might find the "Crop" feature on your photo software useful...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Devnull, you would be amazed at the potential for fetish fuel for fictional characters... :ohnoes:

Luckily it is nowhere near the fetish fuel burned in other animu/vidya series.

It's not just that either. People will do anything to get on the weird side of things, including everything listed thus far in the OP.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

To be honest if you type "Hot <noun>" into most search engines, you'll get results like that especially is SafeSearch is off. Hardly anything about RuneScape or Google there.

In fact for "Hot Russia" I had to Enter for the results to show--whodafunkit?