pal2002

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

and the best for last,

6.png

A note on google suggestions - these are purely on popularity of search - the higher means more searched.

In contrast

wow1.png

wow2.png

sadface.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

You know suggestions are made on previous searches?

When you search often for "runescape" google will suggest everything "together with" runescape (if applicable).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You know that those results are influenced by YOUR browsing history and searches, right?

[off topic]

"how to runescape" luls

@ Zaps, this is very true and likely has an impact on his results, however..

I haven't used IE since I got this computer (because Firefox is just plain better..), so I thought I would check out what the results are on a "never used" IE, since the browser cookies and search suggestions store independently.

Sure enough, its on there. #3 search term for scamming. Like ring_world said, its not really "new news", but the fact its so widly searched over real life scamming surprises me more than anything.

Image2.png

When writing in "bots" I got

bots acclaim

bots game

bots download

bots 1.6

bots acclaim download (what the hell is acclaim anyway?)

bots for cs 1.6

bots online

weird because I've never played CS on my laptop and I've had it for 3 yrs now lol

imo, it shows that cheating is easier in RS than wow.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

All searching for research purposes I'm sure.

Probably people looking to write an essay.

Runescape is free. Obviously there will be more throwaway bots compared to WoW. Also, Jagex sucks at banning bots.

All searching for research purposes I'm sure.

Probably people looking to write an essay.

Runescape is free. Obviously there will be more throwaway bots compared to WoW. Also, Jagex sucks at banning bots.

With that said, I'm sure its safe to say that the majority of bots found by searching "bots + runescape" are riddled with malware and keyloggers which goes along with being free.

WoW bots are significantly more upscale and intricate and therefore tend to cost money. Chances are that there is malware in WoW bots is just as high though.

"I don't think there's enough pointless threads about bots and google statistics! I know! I'll imitate FailBlog and look up google search suggestions and post those! Look at me!"

This thread has no discussion value.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Tipit should make a forum devoted entirely to [bleep]ing about bots so we don't have to have these threads

just thought id demonstrate how dumb this thread is, wow is not a grinding game to the extent runescape is. Only grinding aspects are leveling and gold farming which isnt nearly as important as gold farming in runescape. Sure enough if you search leveling or gold farming bots are right there.

Keep in mind to start a new warcraft account with up to date expansions is $40. Runescape accounts are free.

wobots1.png

wowbots2.png

Notice warcraft topics are on this list 3 times

wowbots3.png

satan_panda.png

Tipit should make a forums devoted entirely to [bleep]ing about bots so we don't have to have these threads

Nah. Gen Discussion focuses mainly on the current trends. Lately the trend has been to focus on botting in general :)

When a new topic pops up there will be made posts about that, and thats pretty much how gen discussion works hehe.

Tipit should make a forums devoted entirely to [bleep]ing about bots so we don't have to have these threads

Nah. Gen Discussion focuses mainly on the current trends. Lately the trend has been to focus on botting in general :)

When a new topic pops up there will be made posts about that, and thats pretty much how gen discussion works hehe.

So why isn't this part of a larger thread about botting in general? This thread is about a dumb bit of information using the same method FailBlog uses to get a cheap laugh. Hardly a trending topic. It's relevance should be exposed in relation with other bits of information.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

yea botting runescape is brand new it's only been around since 2001

You know what, I'm extremely sick of this argument. :angry:

I'm played since that era - yes there was some bots, or as we called it back then - autoers - but did you know how HARD it was to actually find one in game? Everyone talked. Jagex made constant threats that really kept mostly everything in line. And I remember yahooling (yes, this was before google got big) autoers and finding absolutely NOTHING like the organized community of cheaters we have now. And the sad thing is, they're all much larger than TIF or RSOF. (TIF/scapeboard was the largest rs community for the longest time)

I'll say this again, botting/cheating has NEVER been this bad - 30-50% of the online population are bots, probably just the same percentage of the playerbase who cheats. I dare you to go out there and find a single MMO that has this kind of rampant, uncontrolled cheating.

And back to the topic, YES, it shows a lot of bots - but that was not really my intention at all - I was just trying to find something funny with RS related search terms. As someone very un-nicely put it, a RS failblog auto-complete knockoff. I will be posting new graphs/charts/searches/trends on rs and rs cheating traffic versus other things - but this thread is not it.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Here's another one: if you do a search for "RuneScape hallying," Google automatically "corrects" it to "RuneScape hacking." :roll:

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Speaking of Unsavory Suggestions...

rsgirlgoogle.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Its good that the OP made comparisons to WoW like EVERYONE does EVERY time topics like this show up. Give it a [bleep]ing rest already.

Except this time it isn't even a WoW comparison thread. It's about how certain search suggestions pop up Runescape in one of the very first suggestions.

I mean I was frankly quite surprised that the first thing that popped up from "how to scam" turned out to be "how to scam in runescape". Well, that explains all the scammers in the Grand Exchange and so many people failing at it. :thumbdown:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention