Tip.It Times - 8th May 2011

Racheya

For the first few years I played, I did not grind away training a specific skill, and I think far fewer players did. I would go killing something with friends for awhile to socialize and get the drops. Then, might fish for awhile, and then cook to have supplies for the next time we did that, but I developed many of the smaller set of skills as a result of game play and not just grinding away on a skill, which I have to admit I often do now, and sometimes do get bored from that.

That still works, at low level play. I used to do that too, when I started. Sadly, progression between skills is too amorphous, and you cannot be self sustainable at mid-high levels because some skills just don't level up fast enough. That's where the grind comes from, in my opinion.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, aside from the efficiency article (remember what happened with that?), the new skills article is the only other one that I disagree with in every way.

Both Summoning and Dungeoneering have more uses than Construction or Hunter, for reasons already stated in this thread.

Though, I have a feeling that this thread will just have more criticism in future posts, so I'm gonna stay out and watch the action.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

(Second Third I don't know what number attempt to write this post without Firefox being an ass and deleting it, or TIF screwing with the bold/italicize/strikethrough buttons in quick reply and deleting it that way)

In my opinion, and I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but if you can't take or respond to criticism, you shouldn't have written an article to begin with.

I understand that a large amount (if not most) of the criticism in this topic was outright bashing and flaming, but there must've been something that could be considered as constructive. I'm unsure of where my last post falls, I was considerably irritable that day, and I apologize if I came across as flaming.

To me, and this is particularly the case with the Tipit Times, if you write something, you're going to have haters. There are going to be people that will bash your work because they disagree. There will be people who it seems that their sole purpose in life is to take your work and tear it apart, word by word. Does it suck? Yes. Will it stop? Probably not.

Again, this is my opinion, but you'll never improve your writing unless you listen to constructive criticism. I'm not in any way saying this topic is full of constructive criticism, but there must be some in here somewhere. I'm also not trying to say that you're not already skilled - the article, from my perspective, was written extremely well. But, there were parts that rubbed some people the wrong way, hence the last... seven pages or so?

Anyway, I hope the haters haven't scared you off of writing more articles for the Times. I doubt I'd ever be capable of writing an article myself, I tend to be fairly long winded, and I don't do well with deadlines :P

I do hope you write more, though. I may have disagreed with your article on the points of Dungeoneering and Summoning, but it was a well written article.

Link_Olaran.png

(Second Third I don't know what number attempt to write this post without Firefox being an ass and deleting it, or TIF screwing with the bold/italicize/strikethrough buttons in quick reply and deleting it that way)

In my opinion, and I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but if you can't take or respond to criticism, you shouldn't have written an article to begin with.

I understand that a large amount (if not most) of the criticism in this topic was outright bashing and flaming, but there must've been something that could be considered as constructive. I'm unsure of where my last post falls, I was considerably irritable that day, and I apologize if I came across as flaming.

To me, and this is particularly the case with the Tipit Times, if you write something, you're going to have haters. There are going to be people that will bash your work because they disagree. There will be people who it seems that their sole purpose in life is to take your work and tear it apart, word by word. Does it suck? Yes. Will it stop? Probably not.

Again, this is my opinion, but you'll never improve your writing unless you listen to constructive criticism. I'm not in any way saying this topic is full of constructive criticism, but there must be some in here somewhere. I'm also not trying to say that you're not already skilled - the article, from my perspective, was written extremely well. But, there were parts that rubbed some people the wrong way, hence the last... seven pages or so?

Anyway, I hope the haters haven't scared you off of writing more articles for the Times. I doubt I'd ever be capable of writing an article myself, I tend to be fairly long winded, and I don't do well with deadlines :P

I do hope you write more, though. I may have disagreed with your article on the points of Dungeoneering and Summoning, but it was a well written article.

To add on to that, until now I've liked the articles you have written. The rate at which you put them out is quite amazing in itself, and they all have been quite interesting reads. Now, I don't know what exactly was different in writing this one, but I'm positive you'll write more articles that are clearly worth reading.

I've had my fair share of criticizing this article, and if I have been insulting or flaming at some point, I apologize for that. Now, I can't say that I suddenly agree with you, and I'm still of the opinion that you overly presented your opinion as fact and that parts are indeed incorrect, but I sincerely hope that you don't take it as a slight but constructive criticism for something you might have to watch out in the future. I'll be looking forward to reading another of your articles :)

Hi, I'm responding to Crocefisso's article on ( A Lack of Skill ).

I think your idea of an Archaeology is great? Paleontology would go with it as well. Perhaps they could combine the two. We could find old bones and atrifacts at the same time. The possibilities are endless! What fun there would to be had by all.

Great idea.

Tsaavik