Europa Universalis 3 Session Thread

Nero

The fact they don't exist anymore might have something to do with why he has to re-consider.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrocco is in an awesome position. Stability is recovering, infamy reaching normal levels...But whats this, Holy War, from England :thumbup: Darn you Ico, setting up that little enclave, making your NPC version come after me.

At any rate, through a combination of 'seemingly' random events, and silly mistakes be me(Annexing when I meant to vasselise), spent 30 years in the wilderness, struggling to recover. So probably won't ever dominate the world. Still, with any luck I can spread Islam through South America, forming the great nations of Brazilabad and Arginastan.

Alternatively, I can get swallowed by inflation :thumbsup:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yeah, it was at 9 when you annexed Linigua(or whatever), and I experimented to find out if I could get a profit out of trade center ownership.

Then it was 10 when Dungonal crapped himself into bringing southern Europe to bare on me.

Then I realised my infamy and muslimity was screwing over my merchant's chances. Couldn't do anything about the latter, so wasted around 50% of my cultural tradition (from 100%) recruiting three level 3 diplomats and 1 level 4. Settled on the level 4. My master of the mint died, so I hired back a level 3 and tried to make ends meet.

Then I accidently declared war on Venice, and sent my stability into a downward spiral, but by capturing one of their ships I completed my mission to have a navy bigger than the Mamluks, and got the new mission to vasselise Tunisia for -2 infamy.

Destroyed my perfect (Well, +100 anyway) relationship with Tunisia to preserve as much stability as possible. Declared war, easily conquered them, and then annexed them.

My infamy turned red, I failed my mission and got some triffling impossible to complete mission...decided my prestige (and legitimacy, though that undercuts the drama) was the ONLY thing going for me, so cancelling it wasn't sensible.

Got some random event that killed my stability...Acutally (coming back from later in the diatribe) pretty sure it was my heir dying. Five seconds later got a new heir so I was like 'Well, ok'

Took out a loan in a hopeful attempt to curb inflation, (about the time I asked about bankrupcy) spent a few minutes searching the wiki to find what that actually entailed, then remembered economics 101 'Borrowing money at interest makes you poorer', I also remembered that I hadn't brought anything, and the 12 or whatever % on my advisors salaries was less than the interest on my loan. Also I would have to take out ever more loans to pay back the other loans and maintain my economy.

My Sultan then died and I got a 3,3,3 Regency council with a 1 or 0 year old heir, so everything was set to snail's pace.

Struggled like hell towards bringing Trainwreck to fruition (Invasion of Benin, the fatted calf of Africa), eventually managed to get +1 stability, so took the -3 hit for Quest for the New World, got my Conquistador. Got bogged down in persistant warring with Sokoto, couldn't annex them or take any of their territory, and my army was at its 19,000 force limits.

Finally made it through to Benin, only to find it severly deprevied (500 Ducets max)...

And yeah...

I am always ready to give goodwill. (Honestly, apart from the war to take a single province from one of Portugal's vassals...Which was a faux pax on my part. And saber rattling when faced with the prospect of rampant inflation...When I have I not helped you guys? When asked?)

So lets see...Last time I checked I can handle -5 Ducets a month, and I need -10 Ducets a month to break even on inflation. (Varies, occassionally I can make -5 ducets a month to break even, depends on how many traders I have in Lubeck)

Now, if I am getting 20 from you, I only need 40 more ducets from other sources, per year...And that may, potentially, reduce my inflation by 0.1, per year, so I should break even...1650?

Total cost of 4,000 Ducets to the state formally known as Savoy.

If anyone has any alternatives please feel free to field them =).

He's right though Dungeonal :P

Archi, once I sort out all my colonisation funds and such, I could pay you to set up a COT and I will trade in it, I'm sure others will too.

Surprisingly being the richest country in the world, I'm still quite poor, my inflation is beginning to rise so I will probably have to disband another stack of my soldiers, totalling to around 40,000 soldiers disbanded.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I already have a COT =P

I think, what I will probably do, is try to muddle through for another session, and if things aren't looking up by the end of that...Try Japan, or some other country.

It would be sooooooooo nice if we could get like 8 players each session, make it like a hegemony game with absolutely concrete rules that you can't bend since its with the game engine.

I mean, it's not that hard at all, considering if you don't have the money to buy Eu3 complete + the expansions...there's absolutely no copyright protection on them so you can just pirate them!

Playing with 4 people is good, but I want a Europe that is completely populated by players, with shifting alliances and backroom deals, all the stuff we do on hegemony, but this time we actually have a set in stone rule base and a way to wage war and expand our empires legitimately.

SO, to everyone who is not Archimage, a_bert, Icuownage, and myself. Get your [cabbage] together, and get EU3 + all its expansions working with the checksum DCOA, and start playing! I'm looking at you Retech, Trol, Grim, Mather, and anyone else that has expressed interest in playing this awesome game together. GET ON IT.

I have to admit, EU 3 is a fun game, but it is far better with other people playing.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I have the checksum working and everything, I just need to dl the programs we use and figure out how to connect.

Would anyone be down for a quick test game tonight?

Edit: Do I want the managed or unmanaged version of Hamachi?

Get log me in hamachi.

And I'm not sure it matters, both allow you to connect to a network.

You join the network in the first post and it's pretty simple from then on.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Who IS OE?

It's a REALLY big shaft.