Your abyssal trip?

Junkieman

Right, I've been looking closely lately and wondering some things about the abyss. This isnt about your journey there, and what you wear and such, but actually how it is when you enter, and what obstacles you see.

I'm wondering first off, what obstacle do you find yourself going through most in the abyss?

Secondly, when you enter the abyss, how does it look obstacle wise to you if you face the camera towards the centre of it? The other day i went through some eyes, and another guy was also going through at the same point as me. I then asked him what he had gone through, and he told me he had to mine through. Which i found interesting, this was also not too surprising considering when I'm actually going through a spot, all the sourrounding obstacles I can see will turn into the same animation as the one I'm passing through. So, feel free to post away with your answers to my previous questions.

My description of what i see is i tend to see an unpassable blockage right next to me, usually with a mining rock on either side to it. If not, I will see a squeeze through gap on both sides(and i tend to run to the right), i run past it and always seem to find a distract eyes right next to it. (i may be slightly wrong here, overlooked something due to it being a fairly common trip for me these days).

Junkieman608.png

There are two options when you enter the abyss: (I go as far as you need to go if law crafting, without tinderbox.)

1. Blockage in front of you, both ways first is a rock, then the tendrils, then a boil, then the eyes.

2. Blockage in front of you, both ways is a tunnel. (squeeze through.)

That's why the best thing to bring is a pick, not a hatchet, because the rock is always before the tendrils.

There are two options when you enter the abyss: (I go as far as you need to go if law crafting, without tinderbox.)

1. Blockage in front of you, both ways first is a rock, then the tendrils, then a boil, then the eyes.

2. Blockage in front of you, both ways is a tunnel. (squeeze through.)

That's why the best thing to bring is a pick, not a hatchet, because the rock is always before the tendrils.

I thought as much as that, but i wasnt sure if it differed from player to player or not.

Junkieman608.png

whenever u go through the abyss, at least 90% of the time the rocks, eyes, or squeeze through tunnel gap will come before the tendrils (i dont keep track of this since ive never used a hatchet so thats why it gets 10%). thus, the pickaxe is the most efficient way since it requires no inventory space to be used (for lower kg use MITHRIL PICKAXE, its the only pickaxe that will allow u to be 0kg with lightfeet and small med and large pouches)

R.I.P. Shiva

I bring a hatchet for two reasons:

1) I'm usually placed within 10 steps of tendrils or a gap to squeeze through. Most people are closer to a mining spot, but I hardly ever am.

2) Hatchet is worth less than glory so if I die I can protect item my glory. (I always bring a prayer pot too.)

underbannerim0.png

Feel free to use this sig as yours if you like the comic. :D

I bring a hatchet for two reasons:

1) I'm usually placed within 10 steps of tendrils or a gap to squeeze through. Most people are closer to a mining spot, but I hardly ever am.

2) Hatchet is worth less than glory so if I die I can protect item my glory. (I always bring a prayer pot too.)

ahh, but u dont have to use a rune pickaxe :wink: i personally use mith as its 1kg ish lower than the rest of the pickaxes, and there isnt much performance difference

R.I.P. Shiva

Will take a closer look at it next time I go there.

Regarding what passage I use, well I finally made it to law crafting yesterday (thankyou Juna), and since you cant bring weapons to entrana, the options left is squeze through gap or distracting eyes. I have a lot more success with the eyes because of my high thieving level. Teoretically I know I could bring a tinderbox, but i dont want to use inventory space for that.

When crafting nats I usually bring a pickaxe, and mine, distract or squeeze through, whatever is closest.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Zammy mage teleported me to different spots just about every time I entered the abyss , I never knew which obstacle was going to be in front of me

but with my thieving and agility , I always use the squeeze throughs or the eyes , why carry extra weight :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I 100% always get teleported closest to an agility or a mining obstacle.

and yes i know that for 100% sure im 67 rc and its always been like that.

so i bring my pickaxe and my 60 agil.

and when i get in i run in whichever direction gets me closest to the nat portal and i always mine or squeeze through :)

ohw and yes the obstacles are in individual graphic ive seen other ppl get thru where i saw no obstacle and the other way around.

thanks for the responses guys. I usually wield an iron pickaxe with some steel armour on(im not too bothered about the weight) then have inv full of ess and pouches. I wasnt aware you couldnt get to law altar from abyss if you were wielding anything. What is the recommended(or required) level to pass an obstacle? I dont have much trouble with mining or eyes, but i tried the squeeze when i first started with low agility and it was useless. I'm 37/38 agility now, is that still too low?

Junkieman608.png