Trample

Aten

This is often talked about like it's something people are just supposed to magically know and understand. Anybody care to elaborate?

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Not quite sure what you're asking.. Do you mean how behemoth bosses in dungeoneerig trample on you if you stand under them, like the Corporeal beast stomps on you?

No, I mean it in the context of combat against multiple monsters (I think it has something to do with the mechanics behind why sometimes monsters get blocked behind other monsters in DG while others don't, but I'm not sure)

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Oh right, I get it now.

The way this works is that a monster will be 'solid' until a player passes through them. 'Solid' means that other monsters can't pass through them. If someone walks through that monster then other monsters will then be able to pass through them. If someone's walked through a monster and you want to make it solid again, just get the monster to move to another square and this resets it.

The same applies to players blocking monsters. A monster cannot travel through a player until another player walks through them. Someone else can step onto the same square as a player/monster without cancelling the solid effect, it's only until they move that monsters can start to pass through.

Cabbage! (:<

^ is pretty much everything. I will give you an example.

:shades: - Player A

:twisted: - Melee monster

<3: - Mager

When you are in a multil combat area such as dungeoneering, you mighte end up in teh following situation. (ignore the dots)

<3: .................. :shades: ............ :twisted:

What you want to do is get behind the mager, so the meleer gets trapped behind the mager and you will only have to protect mage. However if you just run through the mager, you will 'trample' him. And as turtles said, the mager will no longer be solid and the meleer will be able to stand on the same square as the mager and attack you.

<---- <3: -------------- :shades: ............................ :twisted:

What you want to do is:

1. <3: <---............. :shades: .................... :twisted:

2. ....... :shades:

........ <3: ^-- ..... :twisted:

3.. v--------

.... :shades: ......... <3: ............ :twisted:

So now the meleer is trapped behind the mager and can't attack you.

Blue_Sock.png

This must read guide from 2007, is what you were expected to know about: http://forum.tip.it/topic/90018-advanced-monster-blocking-link-update-13-jan-2007-aow/

The information in this guide is less usefull than it was back in 2007, but everything in it is still something that you must know.. in my opinion ofcourse.

Boeg.png

This must read guide from 2007, is what you were expected to know about: http://forum.tip.it/topic/90018-advanced-monster-blocking-link-update-13-jan-2007-aow/

The information in this guide is less usefull than it was back in 2007, but everything in it is still something that you must know.. in my opinion ofcourse.

That's a great guide. I might see to adding it to the dgs guidelines. Thanks for the link!

C1Geq.png

It's certainly a great guide, but a lot of that stuff was nerfed in 2007

Monsters now move diagonally instead of e-w before s-n or w/e

and they don't get stuck on corners

I remember the cries about how fire cape is now impossible as a pure, lol

but there is certainly some useful information in there, just don't want to be misinforming people

you can still safespot monsters by walking around a monster/person and being N/S of your safespot.

siggya.png

Yeah obviously it'd need a revamp.. I wonder if we can get in contact with the guidemaker. Hmm.

I think people on grimy's forums were working on some combat mechanics guide, including that type of safespotting. Dunno what's been happening there.

Personally I feel that the guide has way too many examples, most of which don't even work anymore. Revamping seems like it'd be worse than just writing a new short guide. Could certainly credit the guide for some information though

siggya.png