Tip.It Times - 19th June 2011

Racheya

FInally, Jagex stands for JAva GAming EXperts

I think during some research i did a month ago i saw that they changed it to Just about gaming experience, or something. I believe it is no longer Java gaming experts. I'm sorry i am unable to provide you with the link where i saw it, or in what context, as i have forgotten it since then and have visited many other websites but i'm fairly sure it doesnt stand for Java gaming experts anymore, as i remember it struck me immediatly when i noticed they had changed it, so i remembered it well.

Final1.jpg

I think during some research i did a month ago i saw that they changed it to Just about gaming experience, or something. I believe it is no longer Java gaming experts. I'm sorry i am unable to provide you with the link where i saw it, or in what context, as i have forgotten it since then and have visited many other websites but i'm fairly sure it doesnt stand for Java gaming experts anymore, as i remember it struck me immediatly when i noticed they had changed it, so i remembered it well.

Yes, I've heard that too. Can't remember where, but they have changed it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't like the handling of the Ornate Katana and maybe Jagex seeing the player's outrage at this 'Vanity Item' concept where the items are only redeemable via game cards they may alter their stance and allow other members to get their hands on one in some other way then shelling out the cash for card.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Really? That sounds... wrong. I guess they're trying to get away from just being java developers.

i wasnt saying about myself, but other ppl, remember Jagex last survey show that most of the people still using low end pc to play.

my pc is more than enough to play RS in HD. even though i using adblock plus, but i allow it to run in Rs. most of the time i am using RS client, since 1 click access to the homepage. while i just using CSS to hide it.

weird, last time when Jagex lift the ban hammer and ban MANY of the member, they say they wont be lenient and give chance even though they are member. and they say that free ads give them around the same as membership, while they giving member more content just because they pay.

i been through RS for 10 years now, from cpu speed as low as 133mhz and 266mhz, and so on until dual and even quad core. i know that even a simple ads can take toll out of the low end pc.

Yea, you were close.

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the name of the company which produces the Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, MMORPG, RuneScape, and the Java gaming site, FunOrb, as well as some other small games.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/jagex

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yea, you were close.

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the name of the company which produces the Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, MMORPG, RuneScape, and the Java gaming site, FunOrb, as well as some other small games.

Are you sure it wasn't changed to "Just Auto/bot the Game Experience"? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I know there is alot of controversy over the ornate katana and mixed feelings about it. Well just to say I think of it as the prize in a box of cereal. You don't go out and buy the box of cereal just for the prize. No you buy the cereal because you like it and the prize is a little bonus or junk depending how you think of it. I have bought one of the 90 day cards and actually it was only $22.50 which is cheaper than the $7.95 per month price when they increased the price.

As for the katana itself well it is pretty and it does have stats but very low ones. I still would like for this weapon to go rs wide (for everyone) but as a real weapon with real stats. Well ok maybe not this one but a weapon styled after it.

I know there is alot of controversy over the ornate katana and mixed feelings about it. Well just to say I think of it as the prize in a box of cereal. You don't go out and buy the box of cereal just for the prize. No you buy the cereal because you like it and the prize is a little bonus or junk depending how you think of it. I have bought one of the 90 day cards and actually it was only $22.50 which is cheaper than the $7.95 per month price when they increased the price.

As for the katana itself well it is pretty and it does have stats but very low ones. I still would like for this weapon to go rs wide (for everyone) but as a real weapon with real stats. Well ok maybe not this one but a weapon styled after it.

My mom buys cereal for the prize for my little sister. Also, I wanted cereal just for the toy when I was little. Obviously, I wouldn't buy cereal that I didn't like unless the prize was amazing (like a sword of something! :rolleyes: ). The mentality of someone young is much different than you may think. Personally, I like how the katana looks. People say the stance is [fruity] and what not, but it's one of the better rs stances there is and has been. If I had just started RuneScape and was young, I would be drawn to the katana like flies on [cabbage]. There's plenty of gamestops under 30 miles away and I would heavily considering spending the extra two dollars for one month to get it.

Speaking of old weapon stances...

dragon2hander.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So long as it doesn't create an imbalance within the combat environment I don't see a problem. I'm not really up-to-date with this story, but if they'd have released something like the Barrelchest Anchor as a promo item and slapped a 1 Attack/Strength requirement then we'd have problems. As it is, I gather that isn't the case and there's nothing wrong with wielding equipement for aesthetics rather than the usual unnecessarily deep stat analysis which sometimes plagues RPGs in general, especially Japanese ones.

It's like how Nintendo run promo Pokemon through Toys 'R' Us, but for some mystical reason this is only limited to the US despite it also being a UK-wide chain. Reality is, yes the Pokemon received through those events are powerful on paper, but thanks to other complex factors within the metagame (natures, IVs, tiers), they aren't likely to upset the balance of the competitive main game. If you ever see a Deoxys-S leading a team in a D/P Uber match you can be pretty damn sure it was hacked anyway, spare a ~1:2.5 billion chance the game might've randomly produce a 'perfect' Deoxys, which isn't Nintendo's fault. It's not like American players would be getting something everyone else are incapable of getting for themselves.

The recon helmet in Halo: Reach is a decent example but not one that really holds much weight since equipment on Halo holds no stats and has no effect on in-game performance (except incredibly minor things like Party effect alerting people to your death or something). Still, you could argue the Ornate Katana's stats are so meager it doesn't really have any effect either.

Promos are good. Imbalance is bad, and Jagex haven't created one here.

On an unrelated note, I find it funny a katana holds a negative stab bonus, having watched Kill Bill (I think the schoolgirl uses one on that seedy drunken guy--she definitely doesn't bludgeon him to death anyway).