Best way to train smithing?

Yohbilleh

Mith plates until 88, then Addy plates from there to 99. You could also superheat gold ores while mining after you get 80 Mining to be very efficient. :P

But I'd personally recommend Addy plates, seeing as they're ridiculously cheap at the moment (Only about 2.5-3gp/exp last time I checked?). And they are about 300k exp per hour or so, while superheating doesn't come close to that.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

As for 'best' ways to smith, I'd say platebodies.

From Grimy's Spreadsheets;

Iron = 3.02 gp/exp @ 105k exp/h

Steel = 10.95 gp/exp @ 157k exp/h

Mtih = 12.33 gp/exp @ 210k exp/h

Addy = 3.46 gp/exp @ 262k exp/h

* Note: exp/h values for Grimy's spreadsheets are based off game ticks and max values, the max I ever managed with addy plates was 230k exp/h and that was paying full attention. Usually I use 75% as a good estimate of my exp/h versus the max, but that's based on my play style, not neccesarily everyone's.

More AFK would be artisans workshop. AFIK using iron ingot iii you can get 100k exp/h which is as good as you'll get doing iron platebodies.

How does smelting gold bars compare to the above options?

Gold ores with gauntlets = 1.60 gp/exp @ 80k exp/h

Superheating gold ores = 4.12 gp/exp @ 104k exp/h

Superheating and smelting = 3.00 gp/exp @ 153k exp/h

Mining gold and superheating @ LRC = 0.43 gp/exp @ 48k exp/h

Again, all taken from Grimy's spreadsheets.

Oh, and are there any peripherals I should use if i'm going to smith addy platebodies? e.g. special hammer or acheivement diary armour.

Sacred clay hammers would halve the gp/exp, but the time to get them cancels the time saved so if it you enjoy SC, it can be handy. Also, you'll need 88 smithing to do addy plates which means you'll have to get a few levels first.

How does smelting gold bars compare to the above options?

Gold ores with gauntlets = 1.60 gp/exp @ 80k exp/h

Superheating gold ores = 4.12 gp/exp @ 104k exp/h

Superheating and smelting = 3.00 gp/exp @ 153k exp/h

Mining gold and superheating @ LRC = 0.43 gp/exp @ 48k exp/h

Again, all taken from Grimy's spreadsheets.

Oh, and are there any peripherals I should use if i'm going to smith addy platebodies? e.g. special hammer or acheivement diary armour.

Sacred clay hammers would halve the gp/exp, but the time to get them cancels the time saved so if it you enjoy SC, it can be handy. Also, you'll need 88 smithing to do addy plates which means you'll have to get a few levels first.

If you can find a skilling clan, you can usually get up to 4-5 hammers an hour (10-15 minutes/match, usually about 3-5 in between). Worth it IMO.

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Don't forget scroll of efficiency, it'll give you a 8% chance of retaining a bar when smithing addy plates.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Use varrock armour platebody (3 or above) for faster smithing, the golden hammer so you can deposit all (when banking).Also, use a familiar (BOB) to carry more bars for you.Put the quick-option in the summoning button as take BOB.When at the anvil make-x and put a high number (I use 33 as it's closer to the enter button).Take bars from the familiar using the quick-option button while smithing the plates.