Barrows vs Frosts

Domini

Hey,

So I haven't been a member for about 5 months now and I am hearing that due to the "apparent" bot infestation and the tanking of frost dragon bone price, frosts aren't so great to do for money at the moment. Last time I was a member frost were 2mil + per hour even with a tort. From what I remember barrows always used to be about 1-1.5 mil per hour but very much dependent on your luck.

So to my question, is there anyone who has a more accurate idea of the profit per hour number for these two places at the moment, able to offer advice on which is better to do for money?

Just some additional info:

I don't have a yak.

I do have c rapier and if I do barrows I will do the barrage + salamander method.

I do not have turmoil yet.

I haven't done while guthix sleeps for tds.

Thanks for any help.

Booom.png

With a tort, cannon, RCbow/broads and void, I was making about 1m/h at frosts. I'm not sure about Barrows, although I know it is very much dependent on luck.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

If you can get a spot at frosts they're still better than barrows. With the explosion of bots there, it's rare to find world with less than 8 cannons. So really, I'm not sure, but I do know that looking for an empty world is NOT fast or fun.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

If you don't mind using foreign servers, there are 0 bots due to the fact that they dont have the capability to function there.

Yeah, but everyone has the same idea, so there are plenty of real players.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Thanks for the replies guys.

@George: Yea I think that's going to be the hard part. Finding a spot, don't know if I can take the frustration of trying to compete for spawns with three or four bots.

@Jack: Nice tip might try that. I can probably play at times when most of America and Europe are sleep so that might actually work out in terms of competing with other real players.

Though if frost at current prices and competition are at lower range of 1mil+ per hour, I might actually just go with barrows as I personally find it a bit more enjoyable.

Booom.png

Frosts are a very consistent money maker, you are guaranteed bones every kill but have to compete with bots, whereas at barrow you can get 2 dharok helms in a row or go without for many hundreds of trips. Pick your poison.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Thanks for the replies guys.

@George: Yea I think that's going to be the hard part. Finding a spot, don't know if I can take the frustration of trying to compete for spawns with three or four bots.

@Jack: Nice tip might try that. I can probably play at times when most of America and Europe are sleep so that might actually work out in terms of competing with other real players.

Though if frost at current prices and competition are at lower range of 1mil+ per hour, I might actually just go with barrows as I personally find it a bit more enjoyable.

Monster respawn times depend on the world's current population, which is extremely low for foreign servers. I've found that 1 person can keep an entire half of frosts dungeon occupied by themselves on a 100 pop world. Soon as you put a second person in, your idle time is going to be about the same as that on a regular world =/

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

If you have a good technique for barrows you can make decent money. I don't think frosts are good at all because of all the bots.

You can't be certain of profit from barrows in the short term though

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

If you have a good technique for barrows you can make decent money. I don't think frosts are good at all because of all the bots.

You can't be certain of profit from barrows in the short term though

Well, considering your dungeoneering level isn't high enough to even kill them. You obviously haven't seen the amount of bots sitting there with their cannon at every dragon spawn. And besides you still make money from the runes and stuff at barrows, even if you don't get an item.