iOS 5

stevepole

Apple recently announced their new mobile operation system iOS 5 earlier this month. If you want more details and whatnot just do a quick google search.

Is anyone testing it? Opinions? I'm also wondering the legality of paying someone to register my phone's UDID to enable me access to the beta.

tFtfA.jpg

Notifications seem great. Unfrotunately, iOS 5 won't work on 2nd Gen iPod Touches, which is what I own. More excuse to get the newest model when it comes out, I suppose.

Why do you absolutely need the latest version of iOS?

I don't. I was going to get a new Touch sooner or later though, I've had this one for about 2 and a half years and it's really wearing out. It just encourages me a little bit more to make another purchase if I know the iOS won't be actively supported anymore for the iPod I own.

I don't. I was going to get a new Touch sooner or later though, I've had this one for about 2 and a half years and it's really wearing out. It just encourages me a little bit more to make another purchase if I know the iOS won't be actively supported anymore for the iPod I own.

2.5 years and it's already wearing out?

Soon they'll start phasing out iOS 4.0 on Apps, and all newer apps will only work on iOS 5. That's one reason to get a new iPod.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

2.5 years and it's already wearing out?

Well I use it a lot. I use it so much it pretty much needs a full charge every day. The buttons themselves on the device have been pushed so much they barely even respond. The battery life is getting progressively worse too. So yes.

Notifications seem great. Unfortunately, iOS 5 won't work on 2nd Gen iPod Touches, which is what I own. More excuse to get the newest model when it comes out, I suppose.

Was just about to ask that. Shame that's the case.

Normally I wouldn't care since I usually jailbreak my iPod. Oh well, whenever I get the chance might as well get a new one.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm a registered Apple developer, and I have been running iOS 5 on my iPhone for the last few weeks. Beta 1 was pretty buggy, frequently crashing etc. Beta 2 was released about a week ago and is much more stable.

You need a mac to install iOS 5 as you need Xcode and iTunes 10.5 Beta.

It's never worth installing the beta unless you are an app developer testing your application. Been there, done that. Hope that helps.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

• 1 month later...