The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

Dragon Slayer done! I got 40 defence and 43 strength from that.

I'm now training hunter again, I got jelly when I saw itam getting glories from a dragon impling :o (actually it was me who told him about that impling, too bad I couldn't catch it myself :( )

Just read through a lot of this blog. What you have done in DIY is seriously a huge accomplishment. Very motivated by your progress on there. I have recently started a DIY account to play around on and see how I like it. I always have been a self sufficient person and I wonder if that play style will fit me. I just want to thank you for taking the time to document your adventure and hope you continue to do so!

Thanks again!

Shooting for 99?

I don't think I will - there's nothing new to catch after 83 hunter anyway. But who knows, maybe Jagex will add some new creatures to catch in the future.

Just read through a lot of this blog. What you have done in DIY is seriously a huge accomplishment. Very motivated by your progress on there. I have recently started a DIY account to play around on and see how I like it. I always have been a self sufficient person and I wonder if that play style will fit me. I just want to thank you for taking the time to document your adventure and hope you continue to do so!

Thanks again!

I'm glad to hear that, and wish you luck on your DIY journey :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't really played RS recently.

Anyway, I'm still trying to get a rune scimitar from fire giants and it's not going well -.- I've killed almost 200 in the last two days (and probably about 100 earlier) and I still haven't gotten a scimitar. It shouldn't be this rare :/

However, I got this very nice level:

oyaC6XF.png

Also, I don't think I'll make that many videos anymore - some people can make interesting RS videos, but I'm not one of them. I may make a video if something special happens (like when I decide to get a fire cape) but no regular updates.

Got the rune scimitar after a few dozen more fire giants. I'll probably continue using range for most monsters though.

I also got a very useful clue reward. Shields are very difficult to get DIY because few monsters drop them and the best one you can buy from a shop is steel kiteshield. I also didn't have addy platebody yet and it costs a fortune in the shop.

wz1D6Qr.png

One level closer to 83 hunter.

yRKuW7W.png

The reason I went there was that I was thinking if I could get a better range weapon than yew shortbow and then remember that hunter's crossbow exists. Since you cannot set more than one deadfall trap at once, I was catching chinchompas too. The XP is a tiny bit less than I would get from just chinchompas (I think I was getting about 300 chinchompas and ~60k hunter xp/hour), but I can get 150-200 chinchompas, 700-800 kebbit bolts and ~55k hunter xp/hour.

So is the crossbow good? It's not just good, it kicks ass. It's as fast as a shortbow, but it's more accurate than a yew shortbow, the bolts are almost as good as addy arrows (long kebbit bolts are better) and best of all, it's one-handed. It also costs only 1300 gp.

I'm going to get 83 hunter (though I have no idea when) using this method. I should get about 7k chinchompas (I have over 3k in my bank already) and 25k kebbit bolts. The bolts alone are enough for 80+ ranged.

Got 73 hunter today. I have 3.7k chinchompas and 2.5k kebbit bolts now. I think I'll get 10k bolts and then switch to either red or black chinchompas; 10k should be enough for quite a while. If I'll ever get 83 hunter, I should have enough chinchompas and bolts for 80+ range by then.

No ranger boots yet :( Hoping to get a pair one day...

nJZ2cso.png

One step closer to 83 hunter, but still a long way to go. Currently I have about 4k of both chinchompas and bolts.

Qg8FyvI.png

I decided to go catch a few implings and got mostly junk, but also my first rune armor piece: the square shield. Selling all the junk got me enough cash to buy an archer's helm. I'll complete the quest later this week.