The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

I decided to try the new archaeologist boss because it drops rune crossbows. It's very easy to kill - as long as you have protect from range on, it doesn't do any damage.

I only got 2 kills because I didn't have that many runes. First one dropped a uncut sapphire, second dropped 12 onyx bolt tips. I tried using ranged too, but it has waaaaaaay too much defence.

I decided to try the new archaeologist boss because it drops rune crossbows. It's very easy to kill - as long as you have protect from range on, it doesn't do any damage.

I only got 2 kills because I didn't have that many runes. First one dropped a uncut sapphire, second dropped 12 onyx bolt tips. I tried using ranged too, but it has waaaaaaay too much defence.

:O So you say it is easy, then I might as well try it for a Rcbow <3 ^^. Keep up the goodwork mate! 

My stats:

MeSoWicked.png

My DIY challenge blog: Wicked DI/ RSN is now: MeSoWicked

RS Status: Active

900 total. A nice milestone I guess :)

IG6euxf.png

The Random Number God was in a bad mood today and I didn't have any luck with clues. I got four medium clues, but could only finish two of them and the rewards were bad. I also got 10 rune knives from the crazy archaeologist and a sinister key from the chaos fanatic (he's also easy to kill, but very slow with my current stats - I had to recharge my prayer at least five or six times to get a single kill).

Apparently my combat level is range based now, because level 63 range also got me 60 combat. Ten more levels until the good slayer masters.

I have a ton of school assignments left to do and I've been AFKing lobsters while writing about software testing. Currently I have about 600 (cooked) lobsters, but I'm going to get at least 1k of them. I should be able to finish one of the assignments today and after that I should have more time to play.

YuGnPMN.png

VNSYUK9.png

Today I did quite a few quests. I found Gertrude's Cat, passed the Fremennik Trials, did a few Disastrous Recipes, brewed a Jungle Potion, returned a Tribal Totem to its rightful owner, dug up a Pirate's Treasure and returned a boy's ball from a Witch's House.

I started growing cats for death runes so I can go kill the crazy archaelogist - or maybe Barrows? I'm going to need some prayer potions for the latter though...

Hey man great progress! I'm a DIY player too and i was wondering how you got the shark for fremennik of trials?

Best of luck!

as a drop from mogre probably :P

Actually I bought it from the meat store in Canifis.

Infiltrated Black Knights' Fortress, passed the Recruitment Drive and went Big Chompy Bird Hunting. I'll try to complete more RfD subquests tomorrow.

I also got my very first slayer monster head. It's amazing how many headless cockatrices there are.

mp2pgJt.png

Freed Skrach Uglogwee from the Culinaromancer, killed a few crazy archaeologists and got two not-so-good clue rewards today.

In case someone didn't notice it, a Jmod revealed the chances of getting some clue rewards... most importantly, it's finally confirmed that the chance of getting a third age piece is 1/3350. Most medium items (including ranger boots) are 1/293 and most hard items (including robin hood hat) are 1/335. [qfc]317-318-288-65354165[/qfc] (there are many other drop rates in this thread as well)

Speaking of clues, I'll have to start doing hard clues soon so I can get black dragonhide armor. 70 range won't take long once I have prayer potions (possibly tomorrow if I'll do One Small Favour), as I have 4k chinchompas in my bank. I'm not sure if they are enough for 70, but I hope so. Also, I'll have to make more kebbit bolts soon - I had 4k of them too, but I've used about half of them already. I don't want to make too many of them though because they'll be useless once I get broad bolts.

I decided to finally get 43 prayer. This was a good time to kill green dragons; I killed 36 of them without seeing a single pker. Usually I can't get more than 5 kills before someone attacks me.

dC6QIxZ.png

I also completed my very first hard clue. Unfortunately no black dhide yet, but I got a rune kiteshield :)

fPL5Xic.png

Rescued Elena from a Plague City, found out the truth about a Biohazard, Entered Shilo Village, Slayed a Demon and freed the Lumbridge Guide. I have mithril gloves now.

One Small Favour would get me 30-38 herblore but I'm not exactly looking forward to it...

I sold three cats and went to the archaeologist yet again. One of the drops was 75 dragon arrows. At least they alch for 480 gp each...

I've killed about a dozen of them so far and no rune crossbows, no red dhide bodies, no ward shards, no fedoras and no clues. The only good drops I've received are the arrows and 12 onyx bolt tips (they alch for ~100k).

I got a few more fishing and cooking levels. I'm harpooning at the moment, because I want to have at least a few hundred tuna by the time I can make tuna potatoes.

I also got 44-50 crafting today... now I can finally do that one medium clue that requires a ruby amulet. Elemental Workshop II and the Hand in the Sand are also done now. The latter makes crafting much easier.

holy balls

for comparison, Zach on the OSRS forum has been doing level 2 clues, and has gotten every single unique drop ... except for ranger boots.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

holy balls

for comparison, Zach on the OSRS forum has been doing level 2 clues, and has gotten every single unique drop ... except for ranger boots.

This was my 6th medium reward. I've received addy plate(t), addy kite(g), green dhide chaps(g), green boater and blue boater previously.

I'm not sure how many medium clues I've done, but I don't think it's more than 30. I've killed 1568 cockatrices and 199 pyrefiends. I've also gotten a few clues from guards and one from an abyssal leech.