The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

55-60 (less than 5k off 61) agility today :o

TmCgFWC.png

I watched The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki while training. It was one of the best movies I've ever seen, which also means that I can't think of anything else for the next week or so. That always happens -.-

D2H470o.png

Runar these pictures with the low-end graphics and how the words read and everything made my heart flutter

I remember staying up late and sneaking to my computer on Friday nights to play

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

• 4 weeks later...

Got 74 fishing today. 3k cooked and 1.4k raw monkfish banked. In a few days I'll be back at my apartment and I can enjoy the super fast and stable internet once again :) I just hope the DDoS attacks will stop, no way I'm going to do any PvM with the random connection losses :/

Also, here's a screenshot of an RS-themed "roguelike" game that I'm currently working on. I actually started it months ago, but I kind of lost motivation until early July when I picked it up again. It's my first "real" programming project and there's still a lot of work to do, but I think I'll be able to finish it. Currently it has melee and range combat, a map generator that makes decent looking caves, an AI that's quite braindead but can pick up and use items (at least that's better than what the real RS has :P ) and so on. I have no idea if anyone here likes roguelikes, but I think this game will be quite fun once it's complete :)

OUGruxX.png

That looks really cool Runar! Would love to poke around with it.

I'll release it eventually (including the source code), but not just yet :P

-----

I did a few Barrows runs but didn't get anything except an elite clue scroll. It's probably not a huge surprise that I couldn't finish it.

Almost got two kills this trip, Zilyana had maybe 20-30 hp left :(

M4u3ngd.png

I also don't have enough ruby bolts for a third trip and I can't make adamant bolts myself, so I guess I'll have to go kill iron dragons for them.

Do you know of any other DIY's you could duo with to increase your kph? :(

I only solo, unlike that Vileplume guy or whatever his forgettable name was.

Yes, the kills don't come easy, but filthy casuals can never understand the joy when the Random Number God's (praise him) hand finally descends down from the heavens and blesses you with unimaginable wealth...

I got 79 hunter and tried to catch dragon implings with a stew. I only caught one in an hour and got 3 dragon daggers(p++). Not a bad reward actually, but I still want a glory :P

I'm not going to stew again, so I'll just have to hunt for a few more hours to reach level 80. That can wait until tomorrow.

I had just enough bolts for my third Zilyana kill and got brews + restores. I tried KBD too but he's too difficult for me :(

Now I don't have any ruby bolts left, so I have to either camp iron dragons for addy bolts (which are quite rare) or get 68 smithing to make them. I guess one option would be to just use broad bolts, but I'll probably need a higher range level (or potions) to get any kills with them.

A little update on the game I talked about a week ago...

Nothing too special has happened, because I'm trying to think of ideas that would make the game more interesting and also be easy to add. I just had one such idea: cyclopes and defenders. Took me about an hour to implement them.

DfKJqX2.png

I think I'll add dragons next, but making the AI use dragonfire can be quite a challenge :P

• Like 1

Another hour wasted at implings. I found two dragon implings (on the same world!) and got dragon arrows and snapdragon seeds.

The good news are that I got 12 magic logs for Desert Treasure from nature implings, which means I'll be able to get barrows gloves very soon :o