Weapon / style for armour staking

Rules would be gloves off cape off, all other armour slots on.

Assume Torva boost of +400hp from plate/helm/legs, and roughly 480ish defence bonuses to all styles in total. Fury d boots, recoils as other slots.

Also assume a switch to full statius for an extra +15ish accuracy bonus after 400hp is lost

No prayer, no pots, melee only.

Mainly for a special off duel as special on is just who hits higher with vesta's longsword.

My question is, assuming best gear possible with all chaotics unlocked, what weapon style and attack style will bring the most damage (while taking as little damage as possible also)

My ideas (elysian is not considered due to 1 prayer on my account in question. but replace cks for elysian normally.) -

Chaotic rapier with cks, rapier with ddef, switching between cks for being hit and ddef for hitting(difficult easy to mess up)

cls with cks, cls with ddef,s witching between cks for being hit and ddef for hitting (easier than with rapier)

Chaotic maul

Chaotic maul attempting to switch to cks inbetween each hits, risky as messing up can cause you to either punch, losing a turn, or allow them to get too many hits in while having shield off.

I've seen a statuis warhammer been used with ddef before by even those with access to chaotics, but it seems an odd choice.

finally style, attack/def switching ( again risky as you can easily miss switched leaving you attacking on defensive and defending on accurate, harder than boxing when using a rapier), or just using attack defence or strength ( more viable than more boxing but I still think not the best option).

Also don't post no one stakes armour on, because they do, or why would I be posting this :wall: .

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

you could plug this into my melee dps spreadsheet. It's on www.[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] for a quick answer

but i can do it for you, can you just do me the favor of actually calculating the atk and strength bonuses?

You also did not list your combat stats, am i to assume lvl 99 all melees for both players?

Naaxi.png

probably a noobie question, since you obviously know what you're doing, but can you really manage switching your attack style AND shield every single hit without messing up?

anyway my guess is to use the maul to counter the high defence bonus your opponent has(also easier to switch without mistakes). That's just a guess, I'm no expert and can't compete with Grimys research.

tuuskukk.png

probably a noobie question, since you obviously know what you're doing, but can you really manage switching your attack style AND shield every single hit without messing up?

anyway my guess is to use the maul to counter the high defence bonus your opponent has(also easier to switch without mistakes). That's just a guess, I'm no expert and can't compete with Grimys research.

yeah, gut instincts says maul's probably better at 480 equipment defense too.

Naaxi.png

Yes, you can. I would tell you how much Tip.It would ban me. This community doesn't support the method.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Well my stats are currently 95/96/96, if not too much to ask could you please work out for both those stats and all 99s - Assume all 99s for them both times.

[hide=Equipment bonuses]

Not done in the best order I just copy-pastede from tipit >.>, it goes Stab attack bonus, Stab defence bonus, Slash att bonus Stab defence bonus, ETC. Also these have no cape/gloves remember

All of these are for torva, for Statius after switch add 11 stab 11 slash and 16 crush bonus, almost no change to defence bonuses when switching.

Rapier + cks

Stab

Stab

Slash

Slash

Crush

Crush

Magic

Magic

Range

Range

Other

Prayer

Summoning

Strength

Rapier + ddef

Stab

Slash

Slash

Crush

Crush

Magic

Magic

Range

Range

Cls + cks

Stab

Slash

Slash

Crush

Crush

Magic

Magic

Range

Range

Cls + ddef

Stab

Slash

Slash

Crush

Crush

Magic

Magic

Range

Range

Maul

Stab

Stab

Slash

Slash

Crush

Crush

Magic

Magic

Range

Range

For maul + cks use rapiers or cls defence bonuses with cks on.

[/hide]

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Well my stats are currently 95/96/96, if not too much to ask could you please work out for both those stats and all 99s - Assume all 99s for them both times.

Which skill is 95 and which are 96?

You didn't tell me what stats to assume for the target, assume equal stats? or 99 stats?

Please just actually list out the weapon stats, and all of them.

you left out the strength bonus for like everything but rapier + CKS

also i'm not calculating all the numbers for you :P

but for rapier + CKS, assume 99 stats for everyone, 480 stab defense, both users on aggressive style

Average damage per attack is: 25.39 LP

25.38 if you switch to accurate.

Normally accurate is better dps at low accuracies of 15-16% accuracy, by tiny margins,

but in this exact scenario, the rounding error on the max hit of the accurate stance, was unfavorable.

So accurate actually worse.

Naaxi.png