Hegemony

archimage_a

When do budgets reset? Every year?

And damnit, no one has answered my question, how much does your population and GDP grow by each year?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10% of GDP is fine.

Population growth at 2.5% is also fine.

Oh, but divide your population by 20% and start from there. Everyone under the age of 18 and over the age of 65 is considered useless and I am saying that is 20% of your population. (Its actually more but whatever)

If people want to use other formulas then let them, but make a note of it.

Then, when you attack them, bring up how their population is 3 times the size it should be, and their budget is 9 times the size it should be, and have half their army disappear.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

2012: Japan

GDP

$5.458 trillion

Or

Budget

(Someone please tell me what the increase is.)

Projects:

Naval Reistablishment: 2/10

Infrastructure Improvements: 2/10

Modifiers:

+1% GDP a year because of "Infrastructure Improvements"

Prime Minister Yoshiro Kan's speech

With the construction of our navy under way, and our infrastructure being improved, it is time to concentrate on our technological edge in the world. Researchers belonging to Japanese companies have continued their research on robotics. The plan is to have robotic workers for jobs that require precision or accuracy, or dangerous and repetitive jobs. This will free up more workers for other jobs in the future, and create new jobs to build and manage the robotic workers. We hope to have and integrate robotic workers within 15 years, and have complete integration within 20 years. The team has a yearly budget of 50 billion.

Further more, to combat the global warming crisis, Japanese car manufacterer's are being offered grants to develop a environmentally friendly car (such as hydrogen powered or electric), totalling around 100 billion $ over 5 years (electric cars already exist in Japan.. So), we are also pushing an extra 200 billion a year over 10 years(2 trillion total) to have Japan able to sustain electric car transportation as an effective choice for consumers. Citizens are warned that CO2 emitting cars will have a large tax placed on them, this tax money is used to fund a program allowing citizens to change to electric cars with a discount (provided by the government, not by the company) as an incentive for people to go green and reduce emissions.

Following these new green policies, we are looking to transform the electric generation in Japan. As Japan has a heavy fossil fuel based power supply, we are looking to replace this with nuclear and hydroelectric. Of course this will take a while, and will be very costly, but the long term benefits are substantial. Currently, we will place $100 billion a year over 30 years (hoping to increase that to $200 billion a year for just 20 years).

This large mega project is called "Green Japan".

I know it doesn't sound speech like, but eh.

Cash flow:

+605,838,000,000 a year

A year

(Totals to -424,000,000,000 a year)

So

First year I lost 54,000,000,000

Leaving me with 491,800,000,000

Second year I lost 424,000,000,000

Leaving me with a grand total of: 673,638,000,000

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

mather why cant you just use generic 10% gdp and a generic growth factor that archi will give us like everyone else? why do you have to force us to use convoluted growth formulas to keep you from having an advantage? it is seriously the most pointless [cabbage] ever and the only reason you would do it is to give yourself an advantage because nobody else cares enough to do it.

archi should be the only one who regulates budgets...

He gave us no numbers, I set 10% and 2.5%, or rather I suggested them and someone else just went along.

Archi, the base for GDP was start 2011 GDP/2011 Population, and since it's a bit hard to go by the percentage of people who age from 17 to 18 minus those who retire, I just go along with population growth, that is after all no more than maybe 0.1 percentile off.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

So, my GDP for this year is 14,657,800,000,000 (14.6 trillion), I believe. So does that mean I have 14,657,800,000 (14.6 billion) to work with for this year?

Alright. I'll say the 90% I can't buy random crap with goes into infrastructure, and I'll invest the other 10% into military.

Can I just say I buy 14b in tanks? Because I honestly don't know how much a tank costs, or what tank I should even buy. Can I pretend I had some military adviser from my country handle that?

Rob, you have $1,465,780,000,000 budget

Oh, I was going by 1%, wasn't I?

Alright, so can I say I buy 1.4 trillion in tanks, in that case?

Very well, time to get down to the crunch.

Italy enters into a defensive alliance with France, both guaranteeing each other's autonomy from outside powers (this would be the third year I was working to this end, so sue me).

Italy has roughly 600.0 billion dollars to work with. Research is started on several projects that are to be listed here.

Project Gemini: 1/30 30/30 billion dollars paid

Project Persephone: 1/45 45/45 billion dollars in funding paid.

Project Durendal: 1/20 30/30 billion dollars paid

Project Uriel: 1/20 40/40 billion dollars paid

Project Amaethon: 1/X 25/X billion dollars paid

Project Nammu: 1/20 20/20 billion dollars paid

Project Badb: 1/20 20/20 billion dollars paid

Project Enki: 1/15 20/20 billion dollars paid

Project Lugh: 1/15 40/40 billion dollars paid

Totaling to 280 billion dollars in funding to projects.

with 320 billion dollars remaining.

100 billion dollars is slated to reinforce critical industries (weapons manufacturing among others)

With 220 billion remaining from that.

100 billion is used to rebuild the Italian army (the start of the process, more figures will be added later)

With 120 billion remaining.

100 billion is invested in the Italian air force (again more figures will follow)

with 20 billion remaining.

LNYvk.png

Wikipedia has the unit cost of tanks I think, if you look at the tank you want and then look on the panel on the right you'll see the unit cost (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams = US$6.21 million (M1A2 / FY99)) so 14,000,000,000,000,000,000/6,210,000 = 2,254,428,341,384 tanks.

Holy [bleep] that's a lot of tanks.

Alright, scratch that order. I'll revise that in a bit.

Although France wasn't merged with me the other parts of the treaty still apply and thus

the two leaders have agreed not to make any agreements that could alter the political mood.

Making a defensive pact with Italy alters the political mood and thus did not happen as per the agreed rules of the treaty, as politically there is still tension France will be able to enter a pact in two-three years but as of now it cannot happen. France has been guaranteed autonomy from the start, a country merging with it would grant the new country autonomy and France and Britain would be disolved. You're pact is based on non-existant things which haven't been a threat to France and has been contradicted by my earlier pact which although didn't result in France being merged with Britain it did create a pact between the two countries that we would not make any agreements that would alter the political mood.

qTLQRuS.png

Too bad Sarkozy was already defeated in the elections and replaces by a rightist group aligned with me.

I shall be handling all negotiations as France. And as France is now my country, there is no more meddling and controlling the French, as they are "my people."

As per the: Don't tell me what my populace thinks clause

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Grim, any of those projects open to external funding?

Most of them are, Amatheon to be particular (the only ones that aren't for public funding are Gemini, Persephone, Durendal and Uriel) though many of them are just maintenance. Hell if you read up a bit on the names you should be able to deduce roughly what the projects are about.

Resistance, a defensive alliance and a guarantee of autonomy is a simple act and does not significantly alter the political clime. It just means that we both can call upon the other to aid us if we are invaded or someone is attempting to subjugate us.

EDIT: Retech, so you control France but not Germany then?

LNYvk.png

Wait, I'll PM you.

Edit: tommorow.

Edit2: Grim, I think you've worked it out wrong. The PPP on wikipedia is shown in millions and I don't think you've multiplied it by a million yet. Retech is just trolling and he's admitted to it to me on Steam Chat, just don't feed.

qTLQRuS.png

Okay, so got the stuff figured out (I can't use Excel to save my life <_< )

Population: 36279100

Budget: $139,732,581,560.00

Canada has been offered a part in a conspiracy to declare war with the intention of conquer against Argentina and Norway. And for a minimum loan of 100 billion from Canada, the United Kingdom offered an alliance. This offer has been declined and Canada frowns upon such blatant abuse of power and suggests preemptive measures be taken against those and the political aggression of the British prime minister against France.

They're not Italian, I am simply keeping with the grand tradition of naming your projects after something in a certain mythology. For instance, Uriel is the Archangel who (at least from my knowledge) guards over the sun.

LNYvk.png

Grim, I'm trying to prove a point about randomly annexing stuff at will and controlling NPC governments.

I mean, since Resistance can proxy control the French government and people, what's to stop me? :P

---

France-Spain-Germany-China embargoes the UK as well.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.