Just completed prince of persia 3

zettz

You need to learn about games then.

This one is ABYSMAL. In the PC version which I have, at the start when it's telling you the controls it refers to the left analog stick and the space bar within the same sentence - that's just downright stupid.

The graphics are terrible. HOW can you call them good?

I installed it then had to reboot so the buggy starforce drivers were installed.

Upon starting there is a very long, very unskippable boring cutscene.

I finally get to the game, and the graphics are awful. I don't buy a PC with these specs (A64 3700+, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT) to play some crap made for a system that is 5 years old and was even underpowered at the time of release. My pocketpc could squeeze out higher polys and better textures, no wait, my analogue watch could.

When I am starting out the camera angles are very unhelpful - they keep flicking around, making me end up falling off things. I move the mouse to adjust the camera but it just flat out refuses to move sometimes.

When the prince stops running he ends up facing backwards half the time.

It's just another console port that was sent to the PC as an afterthought, indicative of companies trying to screw PC gamers these days. Truly a console game.

Here's some of the good graphics (shrunk from 1600x1200):

screenshot00003qn.th.jpg

screenshot00016yn.th.jpg

Look at the high res textures on everything but the prince, why that dagger that's floating a couple of inches from his hand is almost photorealistic.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Also, this isn't Prince of Persia 3. 1 and 2 were 2D platformers that were initially PC-only but later released on several consoles. Part 3 is a mediocre 3D version that was only marginally succesful. Ubisoft released parts 4, 5 and now 6, which is the one you're talking about. Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones, since they don't count by numbers anymore. Don't you youngins know anything? :P

Anyway, I might check this game out once I have the money, or once Ubisoft decides to downprice it, which is something they're surprisingly good at. It looks interesting enough, although I really think they're taking the whole darkening the atmosphere again a little too far. It worked out for Warrior Within, although I could have done without the all too graphic combat scenes, but while WW had some great settings like the big clockwork tower, I somehow doubt TT will live up to it.

T2T is quite bright nto much darkness i think. And i got it for a bargain only ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20 :D when it should of been ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40. My favourite part is when you first turn into the dark prince but hes really bad as he loses health quickly.

No, the prince was blonde in the first two PoP games (although he wore a blue turban in the second).

I beat Sands of Time, and played Warrior Within for a little. I think the graphics were pretty good on both of them, but I havn't played T2T yet, so I can't say anything. I most likely won't get it, too caught up with Madden '06 (NFL SuperStar mode rules).

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Also, this isn't Prince of Persia 3. 1 and 2 were 2D platformers that were initially PC-only but later released on several consoles.

:o FTW

I grew up with this game. Never completed it though :|

same here, it was darn hard back then :lol:

o yeah and the prince also weared a silly white suite in part one, blonde looking back didn't look quite like a persian prince back then :)

signature_1.gif