Runecrafting training

SacredFlam3s

Last time I trained runecrafting it was a couple of years ago, and ive neglected it. However I want it at a decent level and with BXPW coming up it would be a good idea to train it. However I know nothing of the new methods in runecrafting that have come out since then. What would be the fastest way to get from 57 to around 70-80?

Thanks,

SacredFlam3s

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

ZMI all the way!

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

ZMI all the way!

To Elaborate on this, use lunars to teleport from lunar isle's bank, and then back to zmi, and use protection prayers (if you want), and restore it at the altar. I've seen people use both the tortoise, and the terrorbird, so it's your choice. I haven't ZMI'd in a while, though, so I might be a bit behind on the times. Also, I'm guessing that using the essence pouches is assumed. If you haven't done dream mentor, don't forget your lunar seal. Lastly, try to keep your weight as low as possible, as you'll be doing quite a bit of running, even with the teleports. Lastly, bring a staff to provide some of the runes for your teleports.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

Troll Invasion, pengs, tears, lamps, quests, diary rewards, opening effigies, effigy lamps.

ZMI is slow.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Hi

Now, I know for sure that I will nearly flamed to ashes for saying this, but you should consider to play the great orb project to get teletabs for reaching the alters fast.

Advantage:

- Double runecrafting exp. at the great orb project

- incredible easy access to runecrafting altars afterwards (when using the teletabs) with next to no running.

Disadvantages:

- it can sometimes be a little hard to find players who wish to play 50/50 games.

other than that I can only agree with @Nifflin

Troll Invasion, pengs, tears, lamps, quests, diary rewards, opening effigies, effigy lamps.

ZMI is slow.

This, but if you want to get the levels faster, zmi is the best training method.

Hi

Now, I know for sure that I will nearly flamed to ashes for saying this, but you should consider to play the great orb project to get teletabs for reaching the alters fast.

Advantage:

- Double runecrafting exp. at the great orb project

- incredible easy access to runecrafting altars afterwards (when using the teletabs) with next to no running.

Disadvantages:

- it can sometimes be a little hard to find players who wish to play 50/50 games.

other than that I can only agree with @Nifflin

You forgot the other disadvantage of it being slow and inefficient compared to zmi and other methods.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

from 57 you should try to get 75 (large pouch) first, playing great orb games for altar teleport tablets are a very nice way to quickly train rc without the slur of continuous running. you'll get a lot of xp in a short time-span. ofcourse, getting the tablets takes some time but is actually fun and rewarding to do if you get like 3 friends to join in.

from 75 on i suggest ZMI. though, instead of banking at the lunar bank I suggest you try out bringing like 10k fire runes for banking at the guy with the big backpack that walks around there. a terrorbird for running is ideal. I'm suggeseting this because since recently you can fill your pouches without having to close the bank window, simply fill ur inventory with essence and right-click on a pouch and select the "fill" option. before, using the bank guy there was a hassle because you had to pay a couple of runes every time you wanted to access the bank.

If you keep a decent pace at ZMI with the odd sneeze in between, you can get around 40-50k xp per hour without breaking every bone in your wrist.

thats all for now, good luck.

~ Pops

~ Want a lemon?

from 57 you should try to get 75 (large pouch) first, playing great orb games for altar teleport tablets are a very nice way to quickly train rc without the slur of continuous running. you'll get a lot of xp in a short time-span. ofcourse, getting the tablets takes some time but is actually fun and rewarding to do if you get like 3 friends to join in.

This will still take longer then just going ZMI from level 57. It would be even more efficient to only train using lamps, tears, pengs and troll invasion.

from 75 on i suggest ZMI. though, instead of banking at the lunar bank I suggest you try out bringing like 10k fire runes for banking at the guy with the big backpack that walks around there. a terrorbird for running is ideal. I'm suggeseting this because since recently you can fill your pouches without having to close the bank window, simply fill ur inventory with essence and right-click on a pouch and select the "fill" option. before, using the bank guy there was a hassle because you had to pay a couple of runes every time you wanted to access the bank.

This is good, if you want to waste time and get slower exp/h. What you want to do for ZMI is go onto lunar magic. Fill your bank up with junk before hand. That way, when you deposite into your bank all your runes will deposite except the ones you need for teles. A terrorbird also slows down your exp/h if you use it to replace an abyssal familiar. Banking at the ZMI bank will almost cut your exp/h in half. Don't do it.

PM me in game anytime

This will still take longer then just going ZMI from level 57. It would be even more efficient to only train using lamps, tears, pengs and troll invasion.

This is good, if you want to waste time and get slower exp/h. What you want to do for ZMI is go onto lunar magic. Fill your bank up with junk before hand. That way, when you deposite into your bank all your runes will deposite except the ones you need for teles. A terrorbird also slows down your exp/h if you use it to replace an abyssal familiar. Banking at the ZMI bank will almost cut your exp/h in half. Don't do it.

I believe you are exagerating a lot here. ZMI might be faster from 57 to 75, but it will be a killer to do the remainder of 75 - 80 on ZMI as well. Changing skilling methods actually makes skills more fun to do then simple grinding. Let alone, at 57 rc the ZMI will not be profitable, form 75 and on it might be. The teleport tableds give you a alternative way to train, one that is probably easier to do and really a lot more fun.

Ourania teleport --> bank/fill up --> run altar / craft --> Ourania teleport --> bank/fill up --> run altar / craft, etc etc.

And I am willing to place a bet with you that banking with the banker there is actually faster then using lunar bank. I mentioned a terrorbird on purpose because if you use a familiar you have to close the bank screen and fill it up with essence. the loss of 70 xp per run is worth the sacrifice for having infinite run energy.

And yes, filling up the bank with junk and using the bank-all button is a given. Works anywhere and should be used at all times.

~ Want a lemon?

I believe you are exagerating a lot here. ZMI might be faster from 57 to 75, but it will be a killer to do the remainder of 75 - 80 on ZMI as well. Changing skilling methods actually makes skills more fun to do then simple grinding. Let alone, at 57 rc the ZMI will not be profitable, form 75 and on it might be. The teleport tableds give you a alternative way to train, one that is probably easier to do and really a lot more fun.

Ourania teleport --> bank/fill up --> run altar / craft --> Ourania teleport --> bank/fill up --> run altar / craft, etc etc.

And I am willing to place a bet with you that banking with the banker there is actually faster then using lunar bank. I mentioned a terrorbird on purpose because if you use a familiar you have to close the bank screen and fill it up with essence. the loss of 70 xp per run is worth the sacrifice for having infinite run energy.

And yes, filling up the bank with junk and using the bank-all button is a given. Works anywhere and should be used at all times.

I think it's wonderful that you find teleport tablets a more fun way to train than zmi. It still doesn't answer the OP's question. They wanted to know the FASTEST way to get from 57 to 70+, not what you personally find to be the most fun option.

OP, Quyneax outlined how to do ZMI in this thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/298839-zmi-runecrafting-help/

You will probably have to adjust some of it to fit your RCing level and the pouches you can use.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I believe you are exagerating a lot here. ZMI might be faster from 57 to 75

It is, that's why I mentioned it. Using exp rewards is still more efficient though.

but it will be a killer to do the remainder of 75 - 80 on ZMI as well.

That's your opinion. It may or may not be relevant to the OP.

Changing skilling methods actually makes skills more fun to do then simple grinding.

Cute opinion. Did you ever think that OP might find what's fastest/most efficient to be the most fun. Since you don't dictate what's fun for everyone else please keep fun out of it. Otherwise I could say crafting mind runes is most fun and suggest that it's a good idea to craft them till 99. See what I'm saying?

Let alone, at 57 rc the ZMI will not be profitable, form 75 and on it might be.

Sweetheart, I suggest you read up on opportunity cost. Once you understand that then you will also understand that the fastest method is often the most profitable.

The teleport tableds give you a alternative way to train, one that is probably easier to do and really a lot more fun.

Fun is an opinion, since OP didn't specify what's fun for him I don't see how it's relevant.

PM me in game anytime

Fastest game time exp:

Fastest real time exp: ZMI

When I ran 75-77 rc at ZMI I used the ZMI bank and averaged 48k exp/h with a method very similar to Quyneax's (link to it earlier in this thread). With that very little bit of data I find it hard to believe "Banking at the ZMI bank will almost cut your exp/h in half."

Neltak.png

its for bonus xp weekend so i want the fastest possible xp

will effigies/lamps/trolls etc be boosted? i doubt it.

ill just be doing zmi, thers no other requirements apart from lunar quest right?

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

No they will not be boosted. I suggest doing an hour of ZMI before the weekend to get the feel of it. No requirements at all, lunars just speed you up a lot.

PM me in game anytime

Thank you very much to all that helped.

SacredFlam3s.png