So I did my first LONG exposure photo last night...

Da_Latios

pMEEq.jpg

434 shots, 400 ISO, f/4, 3hrs 38 mins

Mt Gravatt, Brisbane

Video timelapse of all frames:

[spoiler=From the same photos, 90 shots]2Pa7f.jpg

So basically I took 434 shots at 30 seconds each, and compiled them together to create this composite image.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Nice job. I think I like the 2nd (shorter exposure) a bit better. Mostly because the horizontal streaks in the first one kind of hurt it. (not like that was under your control of course, lol)

My opinions and thoughts of this are the same as what Nadril has said. All I can say is well done :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I agree with Nadril as well :P I'd also probably edit out some of the stuff at the bottom. Like the random red glowy bit on the bottom right. But these are definitely cool photos! I love the colours in the sky with the purple and bright blue. Very cool and I'd love to see more :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Hey....

Congrats...

Its your 1st masterpiece....

Its look very beautiful...

Good effort....Keep it up... You have a talent to do this art and become an artist..

Thanks guys :-D

Now that I know how to do these, I plan on hiring a 10mm and staying over at my dad's farm -- rural mountains with epic non-light polluted sky? Yesplz.

Anyway, I edited the 90-shot one. It's brighter, has more visible stars and I removed the green flare that was really annoying me.

EkDNX.jpg

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

It'd be cool as well if you could merge it with one shot so that the foreground is slightly more exposed.

But good, work, did you just have your remote shutter shutter clicked down for the whole time? And your battery lasted the whole time?

rosssigfinal.jpg

It'd be cool as well if you could merge it with one shot so that the foreground is slightly more exposed.

But good, work, did you just have your remote shutter shutter clicked down for the whole time? And your battery lasted the whole time?

Wow, why the hell didn't I think of exposing the foreground? Too late now, I deleted the RAWs (Yeah, silly me, but I really don't have the space to accomodate and I saw this as a test shot.)

I didn't use a remote shutter, I had my camera hooked up to my laptop and my laptop was doing the clicking. I initially set it up to take 480 shots (4 hours) but the battery died at 434 shots.

EDIT: Oh wait, I remember why I didn't expose the foreground. There's a gradient exposure decrease running from the bottom up, so an increase in exposure to the foreground in one shot would result in an increase in exposure to the entire bottom half of the shot.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Love it, wish I could get night sky shots to work.

Tried on like 8 occasions and I just can't for the life of me get night sky exposures to come out right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tried on like 8 occasions and I just can't for the life of me get night sky exposures to come out right.

Did you edit them? The originals of these photos look like absolute [cabbage]. Only after exposure decreases, contrast increase, shadow manipulated, gradient exposure & contrast, white balance and some other changes was I able to get the photos looking like they do now. Before editing, they look plain gray.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Did you edit them? The originals of these photos look like absolute [cabbage]. Only after exposure decreases, contrast increase, shadow manipulated, gradient exposure & contrast, white balance and some other changes was I able to get the photos looking like they do now. Before editing, they look plain gray.

I fiddled with some, but I haven't got the detail needed to make it look good.

Eg I end up with a grainy foreground that looks washed out and a bluey grey sky with nothing in it other than a blown out moon or I end up a pure black image with no details other than a moon that's heavily detailed but so small it looks bad.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh, so that's what a long exposure photo is. Very nice photos, even if they have a misleading title.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau