Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

umm dude... ur "equations" make no sense. You really don't kow what you are on about, are you like 5 years old or something. Oh and btw when jagex wants u to know who that dude is and what he is doing they will probably tell every1! so there is no point in making up eqautions to try and provve how stupid you are!

I know I shouldn't comment on this, but I just can't resist. According to your logic, anything you don't understand is inherently "stupid". Good call, there. And If I were 5 years old, like you seem to believe, and could do algebra like this, I would be a super-genious. Although, comparing to what you've attempted to type, I may be just that. And if I want to speculate about the nature of the WOM, the I bloody well have every right to. Maybe Runescape would be more fun for you if you actually inquired about the world around you, like I am, instead of waiting for Jagex to spoon-feed everything to you, "dude".

See, people like you are what made Socrates commit suicide. :roll:

Ok so maybe i do have to be spoonfed everything by jagex, but atleast I don't make a topic devoted to ludicrous pretend algebra! I'm 16 years old right? About to take A level mathmatics and statisstics, i'm currently in top set and predicted an A* for GCSE, you get me? I know the difference between noobish lies and real algebra.

sick_sk8er_1.png

99 Slayer, I don't have it yet. But it'll come.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so maybe i do have to be spoonfed everything by jagex, but atleast I don't make a topic devoted to ludicrous pretend algebra! I'm 16 years old right? About to take A level mathmatics and statisstics, i'm currently in top set and predicted an A* for GCSE, you get me? I know the difference between noobish lies and real algebra.

Ok, fine. Since you obviously know more about math than everyone on Earth, I'll leave you and your brain alone. I'll just go back to my lame old trigonometry. :roll:

If you want to contribute, then contribute. If you want to point out an error in my calculation, point it out, but don't bash me. By the way, what exactly was so 'pretend' about my algebra?

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Zomg Im 101 year old and I took grade AAAAA and im in top set and predicted an A* for HFOFJWEIFKDFKS.

At least this guy is doing something appart from doing old boring stuff like mathematics and statisstics or whatever its called. Hes doing something fun and iteresting. I like what he is doing and If you dont then no one needs to see what grade of mathematics you in right now cause no one really cares. If you dont want to help please stop flaming.

Anyways. On topic now. Maybe Jagex will release more clues to what O.W.M. is up to and give us another trailer. Im gone try writing a letter to CS and ask them if they are planning to release any more trailers.

have u tried digging in bandit camp?

Eh...little problem there...I'm not a member...anymore... :lol:

ok has a member tried digging in the bandit camp?

I don't know, unless someone wants to try it, it would be rather helpful.

Womzoomed-1.gif

i'm currently f2p, but i highly doubt jagex would put anyting out there. I doubt it because they don't seem to put things out before they decide to update. When they do, most everyone will be able to see it.

I have a feeling this all connects to runescape history. As we all have heard before, History is destined to repeat itself. I think the Wise Old Man, a saradomin follower, will have something to do with the original runescape history, like when zaros was defeated or something. I'm not sure, but that's my thoughts.

I don't understand something tho...

If the Wizard tower is devoted to saradomin's secrets etc, and the wise old man is saradomin's follower, why would he attack his own god's tower??

I hope this plot unfolds a little quicker. I can't wait to see what the real plot is. Also, i want to know who will take over wom's job if he dies/gets removed. I'm guessing it's Miss Schism. Any1 else have a thought?

i'm currently f2p, but i highly doubt jagex would put anyting out there. I doubt it because they don't seem to put things out before they decide to update. When they do, most everyone will be able to see it.

I have a feeling this all connects to runescape history. As we all have heard before, History is destined to repeat itself. I think the Wise Old Man, a saradomin follower, will have something to do with the original runescape history, like when zaros was defeated or something. I'm not sure, but that's my thoughts.

If the Wizard tower is devoted to saradomin's secrets etc, and the wise old man is saradomin's follower, why would he attack his own god's tower??

I hope this plot unfolds a little quicker. I can't wait to see what the real plot is. Also, i want to know who will take over wom's job if he dies/gets removed. I'm guessing it's Miss Schism. Any1 else have a thought?

I think that's right. If someone can repost what part of Runescape history was revealed in the Enakhra's Lament quest, it would help a great deal, because I think it's related to the WOM storyline.

Womzoomed-1.gif

neogeo - some people aren't worth replying to. You've just found oner of them:P
indeed!

How do you think? I'd like to hear your opinion. Do you mean Malignus Mortifier, the NPC that appeared in the field west of Port Sarim? Interesting...

Also, it seems that Jagex has put another big clue right in front of us. The new quest, "Enakhra's Lament" originates south of the Bandit Camp, where one of my hypothetical lines lies. I'll need more help. Jagex says that during the quest, Enakhra will tell you something about Runescape's history. Can somebody find out what this piece of history is and post it here for me? Thanks again to all who have helped.

i think that being able to summon stuff would seriously rock! imagine the implimentations for, say, basic animal summoning. you could go pking and summon a pack of wolves to assist you. you could summon cows to kill for hides. you could summon a horse to ride on. you could summon a rat to go into small spaces and get things for you. and thats just for basic animals!

also, i never thought about that statue! maybe its tied to the whole thing. does anyone know what the statue is of? thats probably a big clue. and where is it facing? is it facing along one of the lines? parallel? perpendicular? maybe its facing towards a new site?

have you even read the "strange book" found in the wom's house? the formulas are all there, all the hints are there. almost everything that this guys been going on is there. hes not using "pretend algebra". everything hes done is checking out so far. trust me, i know about math just as much if not more than you. after all, im 19, in college, in a major where advanced trig, algebra and calculus are all deeply involved, so i think i probably know just a bit more about the math than you do.

the very fact that you feel you "need to be spoonfed everything by jagex", in your own words, there, shows me that you not only dont care for, but are apparently offended by free thinking with concerns to the analyzation of the world around you. if this is true, please go crawl back into your dark cave, replace your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and hum loudly to yourself so you can once again continue believing in your own little view of the world. thank you, and have a nice day.

interesting viewpoint. repeating history might be what theyre after. but if thats the case, what we need to do is delve into the historic writings and see if and where history has already repeated and see if those incidents have anyting in relation to whats going on now. if not, then we can probably rule those out and go for stuff that hasnt repeated yet as those are most likely to repeat at this point. i dont think hes a fully fledged sara follower, though. more likely he was once a sara follower who got expelled for being corrupt in some way and now he has a grudge against them. this would explain why he can use sara strike. as of right now, he seems to be only using the tower for runes but who knows when hell up his attacks against it.

in the meantime, we need to figure out whats with that statue, where its facing, whos it of, why the guy is building it, what parts of history we can relate to this whole situation and if that history has any unusual circumstances, like repetition, or being one of the few peices that dont repeat, and what piece of history is exactly revealed in the quest.

ladies and gentlemen, you have your facts, available assignments, and resources neccesary. now take your pick, and go to it!

BREAK!

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately with no major threat to the settlements the people began to become decadent, with many of them becoming dissatisfied with the way things were run.

This in my belief is the reason why cults of Zamorak began to spring up around the world.

Possibly the best known event of this time was the treachery of the Zamorakian mages in destroying the mighty wizards tower - the destruction of the tower certainly seems to mark a turning point for the worse in the fortunes of mankind, and an end to the 'Golden Age'.

This event is covered in greater detail in various other accounts, and in contradictory ways, but there is clear evidence that there was definitely a wizards tower that was destroyed by fire.

Nobody seems to contradict the story that it was caused by Mages following the order of Zamorak, although the motives for this act are slightly unclear beyond any religous cause.

his act was followed by a massive backlash against Zamorakian followers, who had been tolerated (if not exactly welcomed) prior to the destruction of the wizards tower.

A number of holy crusades by Saradomin followers (such as the White Knights of Falador) were waged against all those suspected to hold Zamorakian beliefs.

The massive feeling of betrayal by Zamorakians in fact still continues to modern times, with very few areas that I have visited acknowledging or allowing Zamorakian symbols or worship.

Might that help a little? It explains a bit about the wizards tower and zamorak destroying it... I'll get my spade and dig through some more things...

remember my father, a smith of the highest standing, first telling me as a boy that a Man from the North had madest a discovery of... well, there are some secrets I fear I must take to my grave in case they fall into the wrong hands.

Yet I will say this; this man of the North had found something of great importance that didst require a great deal of studying, and had bought some paltry supplies such as hammers and chisels from my father

which is how he knew of it.

I think of doric when i see a man in the north... but he was a dwarf... who else would buy chisels and hammers?

could this be why jagex changed the doric's quest a little? To make it suitable for W.O.M storyline?

Okay, so i was wrong. As i continued reading, i learned...

let us just say, that this man from the North hadst discovered Magick.

I continued reading...

was not the only one who hadst come to see his discovery either. A group of people, perhaps 50 in number from all over this realm, and of all ages and tribes hadst heard similar rumours, and as consumed by curiosity as I hadst come to pledge ourselves to assist in discovering the secrets of this discovery.I cannot describe to you the awe and wonder we all felt when first the man from the north demonstrated the power he had discovered...

To strike a foe with a mighty gust of wind at will! This feat is almost commonplace nowadays, and seen in brawls all over the lands, but back then...

it was as though we hadst gained the power of a god!

And as we trained, and studied, our powers grew stronger, and more unbelievable... I saw men moving objects with just the power of their mind, others turning useless items into the purest gold!

ut these skills and powers learned by those who had chosen to learn from this man from the north were not the greatest discovery that we didst make.

It was discovered that we couldst take these powers and magicks, and bind them into solid objects which we called rune stones, for each hadst been marked with the rune symbol of the magick which we hadst bound unto it.

So they just found out about talismans and runes

and lastly....

These stones couldst then be given to someone who hadst not studied or trained with our group - and the magickal energies bound within them couldst then be released at will!

We all agreed that the discovery and the magicks it had allowed us, and our ability to store these magicks in compressed form as stones, each carefully marked with what magickal energy had been stored within it so as to avoid accidental expenditures, required much investigation, far more investigation than was possible with just the small group that we were... so we vowed to all return to our homelands and spread the message of our discoveries, so that we couldst gain more followers to assist us in our research.

That's one of the first quests we did. The... forget the name, but where we're the messanger running around and finally have access to rune ess and runecrafting. That's the quest where they found the power of rune ess...unless they knew it b4 and lost it to the zamorokean mages who destroyed the wizard tower and now after a couple years, we have retrieved to information again...

lol, You must have like 7 A lvls and 11 GSCE's maybe 4 degrees? Lol how did you come up with all this its truely remarkable and I hope you find a solution.

I haven't the faintest idea of what any of those things are...would you explain?

Aznmidget, was that information from Enakhra's Lament or Rune Mysteries?

I guess that if anyone can provide information about the statue, I'll look for any correlation between the info you give and our current WOM storyline. I think that for now I'll use my second account to do the new Doric's Quest and see if the changes in it correlate, too. Plus I'll read through the Histori Writings again.

Womzoomed-1.gif

It could be a dastardly little scheme by Jagex to lure you into thinking that they are releasing Summoning while they put POHs somewhere really far away!!!

No.. on a serious note. It could be to thicken the plot of something that has been going on in RuneScape reasonably unnoticed.. maybe the plot of Zaros.. or some other lesser known god. It may well be for the story of the gods, but we can only assume. I will try and find out some devililshy fiendish information to help us... or maybe take lots of pictures..

First off I would like to say Great work to:

KCHughes and Everyone else that assisted him.

Doesnt include you (sicksk8er1)

Anyways.... I am gona take up some serious research on this. And if there is anyway i can help you kchughes dont hesitate (

to ask me. I am currently a member so if you need sum member running jus holler at me k.

I love this kind of stuff! And its exactly what I needed for R/S!

Code:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I discovered the plausible coordinates of the WOM's house, the Wizards tower and the bandit camp:

WOM house-

2 deg, 59 min north

20 deg, 13 min east

to

2 deg, 47 min north

20 deg, 29 min east

Wizard Tower-

0 deg, 12 min north

20 deg 40 min east

to

0 deg 17 min south

21 deg, 10 min east

Note on tower- 0 deg, 0 min runs through tower, just north of table

Bandit camp-

5 deg, 15 min south

22 deg, 20 min east

to

6 deg, 15 min south

23 deg, 30 min east

Ok for those that hate a bunch of numbers, not for you, but those that want to find out what this could mean, figure it out. Note the two coordinates for each place, that is because the first is the Northwestern most point of said location, and the second is the southeastern most point.

Some non-numerical info:

Well I don't know if any of the following has anything to do with the WOM, but I feel like saying it because someone might make sense out of it:

WOM mentions the following places he's been to:

-Brimhaven dungeon

-Entrana

-Desert including Menaphos and Sophanem

WOM's bookcase downstairs has a cat statue on the top that faces due west, which if you follow it goes to the entance to Crandor dungeon, also furthur on, just above the Necromancer's tower

WOM trimmed his sardomin armour gold! or got someone else to

WOM has also added gold to nearly everything in his house

WOM has a book about elder dragons, perhaps he has one...

WOM has a pirate map, but i can't disern what exactly it's a map of

WOM had an odd object on his desk, with some resemblence to a laser

The damage WOM delt:

instant desinigration, only ashes remain

44, then dissapear

The following people were killed:

elfinlocks

1337sp34kr

qutiedoll

purepker895

cool mom227

Note that all of those people don't exist!

Bankers not allowed to discuss case on the arrest of WOM

WOM knows of the Lost city, and even that it's nearby

WOM has read about abyss

WOM knows where the dwarven mine is, and the entrence

WOM knows of Keldagrim

WOM knows of Taverly dungeon, says it's good for training...hmmm maybe it where he got his magics honed

WOM knows the jungles of Karamja

WOM knows Tai Bwo Wannai Village

WOM knows of Shilo Village

WOM mentions wild belonging to Zammy and Entrana to Sara

WOM mentions in wild there is the mage arena, says "where you can learn to summon the power of Saradomin himself"

When you ask about most powerful monsters he says the King Black dragon, and that it in a cave deep in the wild

Note of connection: he says KBD has breath that can poison you, freeze you, or incinerate you where you stand. perhaps this has something to do with the spell he used to instantly disinagrate the people to dust (or more specifically ashes)

WOM mentions the Queen of the Kalphites, and that it can block attacks using prayer like human can

Says about Shaikahan in Karamja

WOM has a globe of gielinor, that by the way now has gold- note I have no idea what it is, I even searched tip.it for the answer

I also looked around in the Bandit camp, but they wouldn't talk to me and I found nothing interesting.

Then I looked around in the Wizard's tower:

Exterior: just some heather and torches and trees, nothing else really bizarre

Ground Floor: Why is there three log spawns?

Bookcases: found nothing of interest

Boot respawn? What up with that?

Most interesting part of the wizard tower: A demonic symbol on the wall...why is that there?

Downstairs: Bookcases: still nothing of interest

Just some chickens...wait. Chickens?

Nothing in the drawers

why is there a skull down here?

Second floor:

Just the absent minded wizard and the split-bark armour wizard

Also a demon head mounted on the wall

Top floor:

Most interesting part: A lesser demon in a cage!

Also the Wizard Grayzag, but you can't talk to him...

So the only out of the ordinary things at the tower:

The demonic symbol

Wizard Grayzag

And Lesser Demon

Lots of info there, take it as you want to.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

FlaK you are a genious! She DOES say something about what happened, she was minding her own buisness, she heard a scream, came over to see what was going on and she was in Faldor! But she didn't see the WOM teleother her because the door was in the way. I checked the video, and she is telling the truth.

Also, Diango doesn't say anything about the bank robbery.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

Jus thought of this as I was reading / thinking. :roll:

Could the woman he teleports (Olivia) be of any help? And where does he send her?

Im pretty sure he teled her to Falador. Or it might be lumby. one of those two.

So I talked to all the NPC in the area and nope, nothing. Not even the bankers.

And also there are some Dark Wizards in the area, my thoughts go from they are helping WOM, plotting against him, or putting him under brain control.

And here's another, perhaps odd, idea about this: it's a conspircy involving WOM, dark wizards, and Zaros, with will introduce brain control!

Just my thoughts.

And he did teleother her to Faldor.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

So I talked to all the NPC in the area and nope, nothing. Not even the bankers.

And also there are some Dark Wizards in the area, my thoughts go from they are helping WOM, plotting against him, or putting him under brain control.

And here's another, perhaps odd, idea about this: it's a conspircy involving WOM, dark wizards, and Zaros, with will introduce brain control!

Just my thoughts.

And he did teleother her to Faldor.

How do u know he teleothered to fally?

Yes, it probably does have to do with Zaros. He wants revenge on Zamorak because he was once the god of destruction/chaos/war...