Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

Using logic and reasoning (yay for Philosophy classes):

Zamorakian mages invaded the old Wizard's Tower and tried to steal the secrets of runecrafting in the Third or Fourth age. They couldn't get the secrets, but they burnt the Tower down. If you read the comments in one of the books, the W.O.M. says that he needs more runes, so he'll have to get them from the Wizard's Tower. If he were really that wise, couldn't he just use Runcrafting to get all the runes he wants? He obviously doesn't know much about it, so he wants to invade the Tower again to steal the Runecrafting secrets, and finish the job that the Zamorakian mages failed at so long ago. Plus, he'll probably burn the Tower down when he's through.

But every noob in RS knows secrets of RC. Cant he just kidnap one and torture him until he cracks?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But every noob in RS knows secrets of RC. Cant he just kidnap one and torture him until he cracks?

I don't think Jagex can make an NPC torture a player...but that would be an excellent idea. Heck, just torture 'em all. They have few uses, except as stress-relievers and firewood...

This is where it will have to end for now. I don't guess that there's anything more I can do, except wait. Although, I might look into that thing that's on his desk next.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Using logic and reasoning (yay for Philosophy classes):

Zamorakian mages invaded the old Wizard's Tower and tried to steal the secrets of runecrafting in the Third or Fourth age. They couldn't get the secrets, but they burnt the Tower down. If you read the comments in one of the books, the W.O.M. says that he needs more runes, so he'll have to get them from the Wizard's Tower. If he were really that wise, couldn't he just use Runcrafting to get all the runes he wants? He obviously doesn't know much about it, so he wants to invade the Tower again to steal the Runecrafting secrets, and finish the job that the Zamorakian mages failed at so long ago. Plus, he'll probably burn the Tower down when he's through.

Well i am a p2p player and here is some information regarding runecrafting

when you do the mini quest that allows you to use the abyss (a place used for quick runecrafting) the mage of zammorak is clueless on runecrafting and that why he has you do the whole orb thing so he can get runes for zammorak etc. So the WOM probably wouldnt know about this. But as you learn in the mini quest thing the mages at the Wizards tower are connected to saradomin and as mentioned early the WOM used sara strike so maybe he is connected with the mages at the guild. Maybe a rogue sara mage?

pramsey.jpg

I don't think Jagex can make an NPC torture a player...but that would be an excellent idea. Heck, just torture 'em all. They have few uses, except as stress-relievers and firewood...

This is where it will have to end for now. I don't guess that there's anything more I can do, except wait. Although, I might look into that thing that's on his desk next.

Heh maybe they can make it next random event =) If you wont crack under torturing for 5 min you get a reward. IF you crack then you get teled to lvl 55 wildy

Heh maybe they can make it next random event =) If you wont crack under torturing for 5 min you get a reward. IF you crack then you get teled to lvl 55 wildy

How would you crack? And also is crack involved. cause if it is count me in!

ps. DONT DO DRUGS!!!

unless perscriped by a doctor.

Or Jagex can write the WOM a program that causes your computer to emit harmful radiation until you disclose the runecrafting secrets. Or your character's health can just drain slowly.

Womzoomed-1.gif

wow! My brain doesn't work like this...lol

My brain is saying: "Look runescape, time to go woodcutting"... :lol:

Nice job to everyone that took time to figure out all these things...really wow! :wink:

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

but why can you kick his bed i dont think thats there without a reason

In p2p, you can get a miniquest from him where he asks you to kill the monster under his bed.

Well, Kalphites are mighty close to the bandit camp (kinda), and they are also in the desert...

What if(now im jsut guessing here), that JAGEX is using a marketing scheme to get everyone to over think this whole thing, and waste time on trying to figure it out and do little quests for the guy. Thus wasting time on something that has no effect what-so-ever on stats or money making(to a degree) that you think is going to pay off. if you do this, you waste time on nothing, get mad at yourself for wasting time on smoething that isnt working, and you spend more money paying for p2p and getting stats up/wasting more time on the WOM thing.

just a thought..

polarbeardaveyz9.png

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

umm dude... ur "equations" make no sense. You really don't kow what you are on about, are you like 5 years old or something. Oh and btw when jagex wants u to know who that dude is and what he is doing they will probably tell every1! so there is no point in making up eqautions to try and provve how stupid you are!

sick_sk8er_1.png

99 Slayer, I don't have it yet. But it'll come.

well, that was really mean. he got the equations from the books found when you search the bookshelves of the W.O.M.s house. if you read throught the "strange book" then everythings in there.

You really don't kow what you are on about, are you like 5 years old or something...so there is no point in making up eqautions to try and provve how stupid you are!
jeez, why are you being soo mean to the guy? what did he do to you? i thought it was quite intriguing(sp?) how he figured all of theis stuff through without having access to any quests or anything involving the W.O.M. except that one book.

yes, when jagex wants to, they will tell us whats going on, but for some of us, its fun to try to figure things out as they develope, not just sit around and wait for an answer to be handed to us.

by the way, thanks for proving that your the impatient, mean spirited, idiot here with your unwarranted flaming.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

I'm going to give you one word that i believe is key to the entire WOM mystery (at least, how it's going to unfold):

Summoning.

neogeo - some people aren't worth replying to. You've just found oner of them:P

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

umm dude... ur "equations" make no sense. You really don't kow what you are on about, are you like 5 years old or something. Oh and btw when jagex wants u to know who that dude is and what he is doing they will probably tell every1! so there is no point in making up eqautions to try and provve how stupid you are!

I know I shouldn't comment on this, but I just can't resist. According to your logic, anything you don't understand is inherently "stupid". Good call, there. And If I were 5 years old, like you seem to believe, and could do algebra like this, I would be a super-genious. Although, comparing to what you've attempted to type, I may be just that. And if I want to speculate about the nature of the WOM, the I bloody well have every right to. Maybe Runescape would be more fun for you if you actually inquired about the world around you, like I am, instead of waiting for Jagex to spoon-feed everything to you, "dude".

See, people like you are what made Socrates commit suicide. :roll:

Womzoomed-1.gif

I'm going to give you one word that i believe is key to the entire WOM mystery (at least, how it's going to unfold):

Summoning.

How do you think? I'd like to hear your opinion. Do you mean Malignus Mortifier, the NPC that appeared in the field west of Port Sarim? Interesting...

Also, it seems that Jagex has put another big clue right in front of us. The new quest, "Enakhra's Lament" originates south of the Bandit Camp, where one of my hypothetical lines lies. I'll need more help. Jagex says that during the quest, Enakhra will tell you something about Runescape's history. Can somebody find out what this piece of history is and post it here for me? Thanks again to all who have helped.

Womzoomed-1.gif