Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

Yes, but he just talks to you. He has no real significance.

Ok it has everything to do with this. He is observing (SpellCheck) The WOM How does it not have anything to do with this? :?

Look, he does not say he is watching the WOM. In fact, the only person who linked him to the robbery is Miss Schim (sp?). Not the bank guards, not anybody else. Why do we assume that he did it? We have only one reason to think that, and it isn't a very good source. And why does everyone assume that the WOM isn't just a distraction meant to make runescape more interesting? Why does everyone assume the story goes somwhere?

He admitted it and a bank guard said he was under suspicion if you keep talking to him and Miss Schism. Also, he has a role in the Garden of Tranquility quest which is the only real role which I've seen so far from him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my nickel:

All of those useless Mysterious Statues you see lying around all over Runescape point to Entrana (the Mysterious Statues are the big headed ones, one is a little west of the Port Sarim grocerey shop). The WOM has been to Entrana, right? Plus, I think if you find out where they all point to, it's the Entrana Dungeon. Also, there are the same number of Mysterious Staues as there are runecrafting alters (inculding blood).

Those are all part of the Holy Grail quest. They point to this place on Karamja NW of Brimhaven. That's where you teleport to the Grail Castle. I was a member once.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

You know... y=-4.682x+97.896 and y=.2136x-1.51 are not perpendicular lines... And did you try to use the perpendicular bisectors, angle bisectors, medians, or altitudes of the triangles formed by all these lines?

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

You know... y=-4.682x+97.896 and y=.2136x-1.51 are not perpendicular lines... And did you try to use the perpendicular bisectors, angle bisectors, medians, or altitudes of the triangles formed by all these lines?

They are perpendicular. One is the negated inverse of the other. If there's a way to print the map of RS off, I'd draw all over it and find that stuff. That may be a little bit too deep, though. Assuming Jagex isn't good at geometry.

Womzoomed-1.gif

The old man knows about runecrafting. He once asked me to bring me rune essence as one of his mini missions.

no suprise, he did attack the wizard tower (or planned to), no doubt that the head wizard has some notes on the rune essence and the talisman.

CSI : runscape

i like it.....

even though is wordy

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

ehhh... how many more pages ar coming in this WOM thing..?? :? :|

Give a man a fish, and he'll choke on the bones. Result: You get the rest of the fish.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll catch a lot of fish, then choke on one of the bones. Result: You get all the fish he caught.

Teaching people is better.

ehhh... how many more pages ar coming in this WOM thing..?? :? :|

It's been going on forever. Thought it'd die a while back...

I doubt jagex would give out enough information to tell you wat the wise old man is doing. I gave up pondering and i'll just wait for the quest or storyline to unfold itself.

PATIENCE!

how bout dis:

wom was a folower of sara but got sick as of zammy so he decided to try kil zammy but he knew dat sara n zammy were equally balanced so he did a lot of research (banks dont only keep money some banks irl keep data or information on stuff) and found out that zammy was scared of zaros so he decided to summon zaros under his control to defeat zammy n den go away. (enter skill summoning)

dats my two cents

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

If you do look at the video which i have taken the time to do quite often i beleive that there are some small details that happens while he's there. Firstly there is a person in the back who is thieiving at the stalls. He does not notice the fight that is going on in the bank or he dosent want to notice.

I am guessing he was there incase the old man screwed (Sorry for the swearing) up the plans. Have you all noticed how polite he is, im guessing he is using the sara staff, but he would be under the contact of another god. Also why did he plan to attack the Draynor Bank, tho its location is close to the guild so is Al-Khaid and it is near the desert as well.

Just a few things, i saw, ill keep looking at the video and learn more.

Combat Level 50 with "Five Skills Capes"

Mining, Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching and Woodcutting

Over 75 Million EXP!!!!

Another Small thing, what about that party hat? He obviously takes the time to speak out loud "ohh, a party hat" it seems like nohting but even the smallest detail can solve this case. He also seems to wear it, becuase before telegrabbing it he didnt have a blue p hat on. :)

Combat Level 50 with "Five Skills Capes"

Mining, Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching and Woodcutting

Over 75 Million EXP!!!!

Another Small thing, what about that party hat? He obviously takes the time to speak out loud "ohh, a party hat" it seems like nohting but even the smallest detail can solve this case. He also seems to wear it, becuase before telegrabbing it he didnt have a blue p hat on. :)

Your point? :?

How comes this wonderful topic as sunk? :o

i bet its because of the new updates . . .

Anyway : Bump :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

Who is the wise old man? Where will he strike next? Is he really torturing noobs? Find out here! -> http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758

(RSN:Kchughes)

I am a diehard follower of Jesus Christ.

justpersia

Chicken Feather

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps

In the new quest, you have to go near there for a grave and get the Draynor skull. If you examine it it says "I shoudn't joke, this is a grave matter" and the gravestone thing says "Here lies Guy, who told a lie and was swung form the gallows high" I tried giving it to WOM, nothing, I tried getting multiples, nope :cry: I wonder why Necromancer needs it? I can't get the pics from 1st page, but that is where to look for them.

In the new quest, you have to go near there for a grave and get the Draynor skull. If you examine it it says "I shoudn't joke, this is a grave matter" and the gravestone thing says "Here lies Guy, who told a lie and was swung form the gallows high" I tried giving it to WOM, nothing, I tried getting multiples, nope :cry: I wonder why Necromancer needs it? I can't get the pics from 1st page, but that is where to look for them.

Finally, a semi-good connection! There is a gallows up in the northern part of the Draynor area. I've wondered why that was there. If I were to make a hypothesis knowing this, I'd say that the WOM and the necromancer are in some kind of alleigance to summon something really big. But it may just be a pseudo-connection.

Womzoomed-1.gif

If you do look at the video which i have taken the time to do quite often i beleive that there are some small details that happens while he's there. Firstly there is a person in the back who is thieiving at the stalls. He does not notice the fight that is going on in the bank or he dosent want to notice.

I am guessing he was there incase the old man screwed (Sorry for the swearing) up the plans. Have you all noticed how polite he is, im guessing he is using the sara staff, but he would be under the contact of another god. Also why did he plan to attack the Draynor Bank, tho its location is close to the guild so is Al-Khaid and it is near the desert as well.

Just a few things, i saw, ill keep looking at the video and learn more.

no offence but this is completely off, they just had that guy there to make it more reaslistic...You guys like i said r thinking way to hard.

no offence but this is completely off, they just had that guy there to make it more reaslistic...You guys like i said r thinking way to hard.

oh, so you know whats going on then? how 'bout you either contribute, or come up with something thats either better or makes more sense? no need to tell us that we're "over thinking" something that, frankly, we're mostly doing for fun now. we know we're probably way off, but it doesnt matter, because this is fun. and if we turned out to be right, we will so laugh at your for doubting us. :wink:

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Ok this is random and useless but the WOM sometimes say :

Heh.. heh.. heh...

not when u speak to him, just like highway mans

and it ddnt appeared on the chat box so im sure it was him

and he trully dont do that very often... ive been trying to have a screenie for 10 minutes now . . . .

ok i know this was useless flame me as u will

edit :WOM not MOM sry :oops:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Ok this is random and useless but the MOM sometimes say :

Heh.. heh.. heh...

and he trully dont do that very often... ive been trying to have a screenie for 10 minutes now . . . .

I think that happens when you talk to Miss Schism and you look through his window.

Womzoomed-1.gif

Ok this is random and useless but the MOM sometimes say :

Heh.. heh.. heh...

Lol that means he's definitely planning something :wink:

...either way, in the security video is it possible to examine anything such as the WOM, and if you can is there anything different between that and what is there now?

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

On the video you will see him doing Saradomin strike, he also has the SAME staff in his house in a corner, also his charts and telescope point to the wizard tower, Them wizards pretty much studie Saradomins art.

So I pretty much think the old guy is allied whit the Wizards at the Wizards tower, for what reason he highjacked a bank near his house is a know for us.

In his bookcases you can also find a book, which had something to do about Hiorectel (sp?) acients, formally known as just Acient Magicks or just plain magic, to bad you can't despise the video to him to make im convess something.

Also, why the hell is that lady on a chair being such a gossip, if the Old man and that same person came in draynor in the same time they could be related as housband and wive or family.

On the video you will see him doing Saradomin strike, he also has the SAME staff in his house in a corner, also his charts and telescope point to the wizard tower, Them wizards pretty much studie Saradomins art.

So I pretty much think the old guy is allied whit the Wizards at the Wizards tower, for what reason he highjacked a bank near his house is a know for us.

In his bookcases you can also find a book, which had something to do about Hiorectel (sp?) acients, formally known as just Acient Magicks or just plain magic, to bad you can't despise the video to him to make im convess something.

Also, why the hell is that lady on a chair being such a gossip, if the Old man and that same person came in draynor in the same time they could be related as housband and wive or family.

Yeah, he studies Saras art of magic, he does not like the wizards because they do not give him runes.

noob,93element.gif