Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

On the video you will see him doing Saradomin strike, he also has the SAME staff in his house in a corner, also his charts and telescope point to the wizard tower, Them wizards pretty much studie Saradomins art.

So I pretty much think the old guy is allied whit the Wizards at the Wizards tower, for what reason he highjacked a bank near his house is a know for us.

In his bookcases you can also find a book, which had something to do about Hiorectel (sp?) acients, formally known as just Acient Magicks or just plain magic, to bad you can't despise the video to him to make im convess something.

Also, why the hell is that lady on a chair being such a gossip, if the Old man and that same person came in draynor in the same time they could be related as housband and wive or family.

Yeah, he studies Saras art of magic, he does not like the wizards because they do not give him runes.

How do you know that?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say look around other magic and holy places and see if you can find that symbol anywhere else. i think ive seen that in the chaos altar near goblin village before.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

id say look around other magic and holy places and see if you can find that symbol anywhere else. i think ive seen that in the chaos altar near goblin village before.

I think it's also in Draynor Mansion.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neogeo0823 wrote:

I think it's also in Draynor Mansion.

yes it is

just testing out sig

You guys, how about a theory like this..... The old man is a dragon, one of the elder dragons! One of the books in his house is on the folk lore of a different race of dragons that existed in the world before anything else. It would explain how he arrived with nothing and has been hoarding treasure in his house (dragons are known to hoarde) and wouldn't even spare a coin to donate to the woman who came to his door. And he is trimming stuff in his house in gold...well maybe Jagex will soon be introducing gold dragons into the game or perhaps he is the only one?? Also did anyone notice that the watchman who came to arrest him was level 253 ?? Aren't powerful dragons in the game around level 200? Anyway I'm sure the story would be even bigger than this because the old man would have obviously been sent to do whatever he is up to by some God, Zaros or whatever the case may be. Just my two cents worth.

i'd love a quest about the history about him and since i love to know rs history i think it would prove an invaluable insight where he came from and whether he will attack and what could be the consequenses to the world

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Question to members: In a non-member world, when I ask him, "Is there anything I can do for you?", he just says, "thanks, but I don't have anything I need doing on non-member worlds." What does he say in a member world?

Man, I want that hat......

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

You guys, how about a theory like this..... The old man is a dragon, one of the elder dragons! One of the books in his house is on the folk lore of a different race of dragons that existed in the world before anything else. It would explain how he arrived with nothing and has been hoarding treasure in his house (dragons are known to hoarde) and wouldn't even spare a coin to donate to the woman who came to his door. And he is trimming stuff in his house in gold...well maybe Jagex will soon be introducing gold dragons into the game or perhaps he is the only one?? Also did anyone notice that the watchman who came to arrest him was level 253 ?? Aren't powerful dragons in the game around level 200? Anyway I'm sure the story would be even bigger than this because the old man would have obviously been sent to do whatever he is up to by some God, Zaros or whatever the case may be. Just my two cents worth.

Not sure about the man being a dragon, but i like the idea of gold and silver dragons as future updates :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

here are a few theories of mine (i like reading this):

theory 1. It's possible that the Wise old man could be there to be a robber and steal stuff, nothing more however the chances of this theory of actually being true is quite low (but then why else is the wise old man so polite to the people he killed?)

theory 2. the wise old man has finally cracked and is randomly attack anyone/anywhere within a close distance to him (low chance of actually being true)

theory 3. I think the W.O.M's actions may lead to a war in Runescape, since the only thing important in wizard's tower is that symbol on the wall and the lesser demon, it is also possible that the symbol is invisible to those wizards, and it is also possible that the lesser demon there is no ordinary lesser demon, it may have powers that can cause mass-destruction, and thats maybe why the W.O.M wants to free him. (if this happens, the low lvls would have to retreat, and the high lvls could try to combat this threat)

theory 4. The old man is being framed by someone, it's possible that he was knocked out/away during the robbery and came back to find the partyhat with him

these are the theories i thought of the W.O.M might do (dont flame me)

...With so many interesting connection to Zaros...

also if uve done digsite quest, and u ask about gods, u go 'what about zaros?' he tells u not to meddle (or sumthing like that, i havent ben members in ages). is he trying to hide something?

2 things i'm f2p and i watched the tape today so they must have made it f2p. olivia is the seed seller for the stalls(examine says so)the players arn't players because you can examine them(a player)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Since the update ofn the wizard tower. On the front of it it now has an 'evil eye'. So maybe everyone thinking the old man was bad, your wrong. It could be the wiz tower thats evil!

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

The Full Confession

you:i want to ask you about your hat.

wom:why, thank you! I rather like it myself.

you:You stole it off the woman in the bank! you stole all this valuable stuff too!

wom:Stole it? How could you possible think i did such a thing?

you:I saw you robbing the bank! you killed all those people!

wom:deary me, (your name), your imagination is running wild! What could make you think you saw me do that?

you:I've seen a security recording that shows you robbing the bank. the bank's guard showed me it.

wom:You've seen the bank's security recording?

wom:Tut tut tut... oh well, at least you'll never be able to tell the bank about me. they'll never listen

you:So you're just going to get away with it?

wom:That's my plan, yes

you:but that's... well, it's WRONG!

wom:Wrong? WRONG? i'll tell you what's wrong!

wom:I've spent my life travelling the world, doing quests for people, saving lives, saving villages from terrifying monsters and all that sort of thing.

wom:Now i'm old, and where do i have to live? in this freezing old house next to a pig-sty, with a bunch of yobs outside who can't keep their hands off the market stalls! What sort of reward is that?

wom:so don't talk to me about right or wrong!

you:Maybe someone should talk to you about right and wrong...

wom:bah!

you:hmmph!

wom:Now that you've got that off your chest, would you like to ask me about anything else?

can only be heard once on an account, after viewing the security recording which costs 50gp after the first viewing

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Question to members: In a non-member world, when I ask him, "Is there anything I can do for you?", he just says, "thanks, but I don't have anything I need doing on non-member worlds." What does he say in a member world?

Man, I want that hat......

He gives u a sub quests (doesnt show up on your quest list) and you need to get lets say 7 normal logs when u give him that he gives u an item or a gem or xp