Dungeoneering

Neohero1972

This is especially true at higher levels I suppose.

For lower levels (<floor30) xp/h is very low to begin with. I can understand the OP's tendancy to get more xp per dungeon, as rushing low level dungeoneering xp is abysmal. I'm uneasy rushing and seeing lowly 100xp/dungeon amounts, but it has been shown that it is the quickest way to level. Suck it up, and se it as an investment for later levels.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

For lower levels (<floor30) xp/h is very low to begin with. I can understand the OP's tendancy to get more xp per dungeon, as rushing low level dungeoneering xp is abysmal. I'm uneasy rushing and seeing lowly 100xp/dungeon amounts, but it has been shown that it is the quickest way to level. Suck it up, and se it as an investment for later levels.

I'm a little confused about your post - what are you basically saying ?

I'm a little confused about your post - what are you basically saying ?

He's saying that even though it seems slow, it's still faster to rush, and will continue to get faster as you get to higher levels.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Do yourself a favor.

Instead of debating the numerous people who are telling you that you're not doing it right, try this.

On your next reset, do floor one on C1, then do floor two on C6, check your prestige.

Reset again, then do both floor one and floor two on C6, check your prestige.

That should answer your question.

What it comes down to is maximizing your exp input. To do that, do small floors c1 small. Upper floors, you should be doing C6, and in teams.

Hi

@homer205 - thank you for clarifying :rolleyes:

@AznPrincess - thank you for your answer. I have already done that and I can see that I get more prestige by doing the floors on complexity 6.

I'm also aware that doing floors on complexity 6 while in a team will yield higher amounts of dung experience, however, I prefer to do it solo.

also, from my previous experience; when doing floors on C1 - small up to 10 floors away from the highest floor I can do and then switching to doing the last ten on C6 - medium I felt that my prestige was rising very slow during the last ten and that I didn't really get any good experience in comparison to what I'm getting now.

Right now I have reached floor #10 using C6 - medium and my prestige has risen just above 10k. I'm quite curious to see how high it gets once I reach my highest floor (this will take quite a while for me though !)

I really miss a table for comparing what kind of experience one can expect when do for example floor #1 as: solo, 2-man, 3-man, 4- man and 5-man teams and with the various complexities.

Anyway, thank you both for participating in my thread.

Prestige ONLY depends on how many floors you have completed (ticked off), not any other factor.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I think his problem (correct me if I'm wrong), is that he doesn't quite understand that prestige exp doesn't add up between floors, and that prestige exp is based on: prestige, complexity, size, and party size. So a c6 will have more "prestige exp" than a c1, but it takes so much longer that it's not worth it exp-wise.

I think what you are getting confused about is that you think prestige is this:

http://imageshack.us/f/703/prestige1.png/

This is prestige xp which doesn't matter until floor 30

And we mean this:

http://imageshack.us/f/88/prestige2.png/

This is just prestige, your current prestige goes up by one every time you tick off a floor, when you reset your ring your current prestige changes to zero and your previous prestige changes to whatever your current prestige was.

Say you can access up to floor 40, with your way you would spend 60 hours doing floors 1-29 on c6 netting 30k ish xp then do 30-40 in about 4 hours with DGS netting roughly 500k xp.

That would be 500k xp in 65 odd hours that means 9k xp per hour.

With our way you would spend 5ish hours gaining no xp and 4 getting about 500k.

9hours 500k xp nearly 50k xp an hour.

Try to decide which one is better

TidySlayer.png

And we mean this:

This is just prestige, your current prestige goes up by one every time you tick off a floor, when you reset your ring your current prestige changes to zero and your previous prestige changes to whatever your current prestige was.

Say you can access up to floor 40, with your way you would spend 60 hours doing floors 1-29 on c6 netting 30k ish xp then do 30-40 in about 4 hours with DGS netting roughly 500k xp.

You wouldn't be gaining 500k exp in 4 hours because you're not doing the lower floors like he does. But regardless, the second way is still faster.

Staurolite.png

And we mean this:

You wouldn't be gaining 500k exp in 4 hours because you're not doing the lower floors like he does. But regardless, the second way is still faster.

wut

Hi All

Thank you for your views and explanations on my questions - I think, after reading through the whole thread once more, that I will stick to the "official" way of playing dung from now on and stop wasting time on the upper floors.

Since I created this thread I have replaced my longsword with a 2-hander (as recommended by several of you) and I must say that I feel that this move have had a significant improvement when I slay the various inhabitants within the dungeon.