More overtly anti-bot random events

Noobmage

The current random events do nothing to prevent bots from working properly, yet they still annoy real players. I suggest that the current random events be replaced by equally annoying, but more effective, random events, such as a captcha window or a randomized question. These would be designed such that macro designers could not possibly circumvent them by examining interfaces, looking at color patterns, etc. They would be faster to complete and thus more satisfying for real players, and failure of one or two of them would flag an account for macroing.

The new randoms would differ from current ones in that they're not designed to be games or activities, as all of the current randoms are except for the certer random. Instead, they would be designed similarly to the "certer" random event in that they would involve a window with a question inside it, but these questions would be impossible for bots to answer.

Bots are developing very quickly. I doubt it will take them a lot of time before they find a way to circumvent it.

Also I object to the usage of colours in random events. There are colour blind people you know (one of the reasons why the removed mysterious box was changed to shapes).

How about just bringing back old randoms? To be honest it didn't take much for a player to avoid them, and if they got you (like assploding rock), it was a minor inconvenience. People complained, but if you got hit by a Tree spirit (Level - 108) and got killed, then it's your fault for not paying attention.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Seems like a fair idea, your suggestion to ban accounts for making mistakes in the random events scares me because I often make stupid mistakes in said events. so eeep that kinda saces me :unsure: but I still think its a good idea

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

Guest jrhairychest

How about just bringing back old randoms? To be honest it didn't take much for a player to avoid them, and if they got you (like assploding rock), it was a minor inconvenience. People complained, but if you got hit by a Tree spirit (Level - 108) and got killed, then it's your fault for not paying attention.

Agreed :thumbup: