Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 28th August 2011

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Somehow I don’t believe these players are playing just for the wars and they’re probably playing other games for a change, just as most others do.

I can't very well grab you by the shirt and have you talk to my former clanmates, of who only sticks around for the wars and their clan's individual community. And I certainly can't go back in time through the 4 years I've been in clans to have you speak with the individuals I've met over time who stuck around just for the wars and played things like WoW--not for a change of pace but because they enjoyed the overall game more and got a better value for their money. You can think that these people are playing other games, not because of flaws in the F2P and P2P models, but because they simply wanted a 'change'. You might even be right. Lord knows, I have no documentation to prove anything and neither do you.

But clinging to that belief and denying the problems, not understanding why people get upset, and then calling it into question as a way to defend your beliefs...it doesn't get you anywhere. "Fingerwagging" and all, even I can see that's poor form.

hzvjpwS.gif

Guest_jrhairychest_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_jrhairychest_
  • Guests

I can't very well grab you by the shirt and have you talk to my former clanmates, of who only sticks around for the wars and their clan's individual community. And I certainly can't go back in time through the 4 years I've been in clans to have you speak with the individuals I've met over time who stuck around just for the wars and played things like WoW--not for a change of pace but because they enjoyed the overall game more and got a better value for their money. You can think that these people are playing other games, not because of flaws in the F2P and P2P models, but because they simply wanted a 'change'. You might even be right. Lord knows, I have no documentation to prove anything and neither do you.

But clinging to that belief and denying the problems, not understanding why people get upset, and then calling it into question as a way to defend your beliefs...it doesn't get you anywhere. "Fingerwagging" and all, even I can see that's poor form.

Actually I don’t believe you at all regarding players who ‘just stick around for the wars’. My main focus are certain elements of the game but that doesn’t mean I ignore other aspects. Why would someone pay to play only one aspect of a large game? I don’t need to prove that many players play other games for a change, because I know they do. You only have to stand in busy areas and watch conversations where players are discussing other games they play and those on my friends list have done. And yes, if I don’t fancy playing RS tonight I’ll play something else.

The problems you are talking about concern more wider elements of the game which are off topic. The topic was about giving F2P more by giving them aspects of members considered obsolete. I’ve explained those reasons why it’s not good on a number of posts so I'm not denying problems, clinging to some sort of belief or anything else you want to accuse me of. Incidentally the author of the article posted before about wanting dragon items into F2P and didn’t see why this was an issue so you can see it’s the same old story of wanting something for nothing. Do you see nothing wrong with a portion of the community wanting more for free who have no intention of joining members, or only do it for a limited time, so they contribute little or nothing to the game? If I’m given something for nothing I don’t question it, moan about it or complain how crap it is. What we have got are some spoiled brats who think RS owes them something instead of appreciating what they have with no time restrictions.

Interesting that you call my approach bad form, yet your own attitude is questionable. Just because you’re a moderator doesn’t mean I’ll agree with you or that everything you say is set in stone. Yet you’ll happily butt in and answer for another poster and because I don’t agree with you you’ll finger wag and lecture about me not understanding you. The better moderators I’ve seen don’t do that. They change their approach if they think the poster doesn’t understand and they don’t assume that the poster is some sort of thicko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users