Nex gear vs Hybrid gear

Runecrafts

What would be better to use within minigames? I know both have certain advantages over each other but I have no idea whats better.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Trickster switch into Torva seems to make the most sense. If the tossup is limited to one or the other, then I'd say that it depends on what you're trying to achieve. Battlemage is amazing for barraging SW bots but you won't get very far against the avatar with a defense penalty vs ranged.

I imagine Nex gear would be better for tanking and such. Hybrid gear would be better for raw damage output.

Basically agree with this.

You're probably well aware that Nex -> Hybrid is trading the LP boost (400lp bonus from a set) for 15% damage.

Reviewing them briefly, the relevant stats are quite close in comparison,

IE Torva's melee defense is very similar to Vanguard or BattleMage,

Virtus' magic attack is very close to Battlemage or Trickster.

The only significant deviation I found was that Torva's ranged defense is 359 for the set while Vanguard/Trickster is only 150.

They do have specific advantages and disadvantages though, such as in Castle Wars you can still get the 15% boost but miss out on 66LP from the helm, or such as how you can wear any three pieces of Nex gear and get the full LP bonus but (as far as we know) cannot mix and match Hybrid gear and still get the 15%, although that may be subject to change.

Is there a particular minigame you were thinking of?

2dgucz6.png

I would go deffinitelly for Hybrid sets because of the 15% damage bonus. I guess they are also far more easier to get considering you are not a bullionaire.

Hybrid sets dont require to be recharged as well so much i know.

hybridwinner.png

friendlyrunner.png

74519794.png

IMG.png

1024345760c9a10adabb996d3a25c754381ee4e6.gif

It also depends on how the 15% boost works. If it works on all targets, use battle-mage when barraging, otherwise Virtus naturally.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I would go deffinitelly for Hybrid sets because of the 15% damage bonus. I guess they are also far more easier to get considering you are not a bullionaire.

Hybrid sets dont require to be recharged as well so much i know.

They only take forever to get.

But if he is looking to use them for minigames, then he isnt really losing time in earning them

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

I'm a HUGE minigamer, so I plan on getting the full set (its going to take me forever though). Mainly play castle wars, but I was thinking I'd burst/barrage soul wars to 99 with battlemage/cstaff/.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]