What people scam for these days.

12bigo12

So i was buying Big bones in world 1 Varrock west bank saying buying all big bones, I get a few offers all ok. The some one puts up 50 big bones and i put up the money, im in a rush so i dident check the second trade screen. When the transaction was complete i saw 50 bones, not big bones but bones, in my invntory. I cant report the guy cause i dident see his name and also its world 1. So i lose 13k. That guy scamed me for 13k, I mean if your going to scam some one do it for something big, or just dont do it at all.

That trick got me for 1.5 Million, luckly the scammer thought i was stupid and came back for a second try and accidently put up 5k dragon bones instead of 500 big bones, he also forgot to change them and i walked away a very happy man. God I was over the moon, he than threatened to report me and soon logged off.

ByFuturodon.gif

I got scammed a while ago for 350k because some guy put up 386213 coins in trade screen and suddenly he changed it to 38623 coins and I didn't see it.

Next time I'm gonna watch better when people don't put up round numbers.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

i got scammed out of 2.6 mill know thats a big loss cause that all i had ages ago but i built up again.

what i do if i lose everything is find more ways to make even more cash back then i only had 2.6 mill know i have alot more around 14 mill.

learn from ur mistakes and improve on them.

thats what this game is all about

I was showing a bunch of REALLY new people why armor trimming is a scam when this guy walks up and says he can trim armor.

I trade him a black full helm and tell him to trim it. He runs away, proving my point that armor trimming is a scam.

But, all he got was a damn black full helm... sheesh...

lol, i saw this thing for defusing the armor trimming scam. have a piece of armor in your inventory along with its trimmed equivalent, for example, a black plate and a trimmed black plate. if you see someone who is doing the armor trimming scam, run up to them and offer the non trimmed armor, then, on the second screen, decline and say "oh, wait, i figured it out, see?" and then either offer the trimmed armor in a trade(decline of course, this is just for showing them) or wear it. see if theyre amazed.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Scamming doesn't necessarily mean they want to rip off hune amounts of cash. I was scammed ages ago for 25K, a guy sold me an iron long instead of rune coz he did the "oops misclicked"-trick...

Off course when they repeat this trick 4 times a day they make 100k without doing a thing. Dunno, if I would become a scammer I would mainly do it for the fun of fooling people :twisted:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

well u cant blame them for your mistake of not chekin the second screen , even if u were in a hurry.... :D

Uh...I think he can...seeing as the player deliberately deceived him.

Oh well, you can't blame Hitler for the holocaust because we didn't check his rise to prominence!

well u cant blame them for your mistake of not chekin the second screen , even if u were in a hurry.... :D

Oh well, you can't blame Hitler for the holocaust because we didn't check his rise to prominence!

rofl lmao.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I was scammed out of full rune and full addy (t) because the other person changed the amount from 1000K (1 mil) to 10000, and i was an idiot that didn't look at the 2nd screen :oops:

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

It's a small trade, so you think nothing of it.

but if he scams 10 ppl a day, thats a free 130k a day for like 20 mins work (on a f2p world anyway) and in 100 days that could be a free 13m.

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

rofl lmao.

Sorry, just thought I'd keep the thing going.

Cool.

rofl lmao.

Sorry, just thought I'd keep the thing going.

and ill make it longer!

I've never been scammed before..no one's ever tried. My friend at school said how the other day he was trading fletching materials for bows to sell to alchers, but the guy put UNSTRUNG bows instead of full bows so my friend had to waste like 200k on strings to finish them all. He walked away with like 5 hours of lost time and 100k, I think.

I got scammed of 3.6mill the other day by a lvl 87 by the guy decieving me through herb merchanting. I eventually trusted what he said (what an idiot I was) and lost my santa hat.

Now I have had to turn to nat running to get my money back.

I got scammed of 3.6mill the other day by a lvl 87 by the guy decieving me through herb merchanting. I eventually trusted what he said (what an idiot I was) and lost my santa hat.

Now I have had to turn to nat running to get my money back.

*whistels* wow.

I know RS advise everyone to avoid the 2nd screen xploit scammers use, but they could easly fix the problem where high amount are concerned i.e.

1000000 = 1m

1300000 = 1.3m

etc

and so on

Or they could input a line in there programming that says

"WARNING THE OTHER PLAYER HAS CHANGED HIS OFFER"

The end of scamming, for good, unless your really stupid enough to continue that is.

lol. can't blame sum1 else for the laziness of not checking the second screen. well then again that was only 50 bones. what about 200 bones? that could yield earnings of 52k. and then you can buy more, and more, and then it's like compound interest. so there you go.

Live and Learn.