Possible new weapons?

Vroqren

So I had this idea for a few new weapons I'd like to see in the game. They would all be expensive, but I believe, worth it. After I thought of the melee one I realized I should come up with one for each class. Each weapon has a special attack, including the staff. They can all be made, though it's expensive and takes lots of skills, or can be obtained as a drop from certain monsters (Namely Nex). So, here are my ideas.

Melee Weapon

Weapon Name: Berserker Blade

Requirements to use: 85 Attack, 70 Strength

Bonuses:

Attack:

Stab - (+10)

Slash - (+50)

Crush - (+5)

Magic - (-10)

Ranged - (-10)

Defense:

Stab - (+5)

Slash - (+20)

Crush - (+10)

Magic - (-10)

Ranged - (-10)

Summoning - (0)

Absorb Melee - (+10)

Absorb Magic - (-10)

Absorb Ranged - (-10)

Other:

Strength - (+80)

Ranged Strength - (-5)

Prayer - (-5)

Magic Damage - (-5)

Attack Speed: About equivalent to a scimitar.

Special Attack: Drains 1/2 of users current health, inflicting anywhere from 1/2 as much bonus damage as was drained, to an equal amount as was drained. After the bonus damage from the sacrifice is added, an additional 150 damage is inflicted. Uses 60% of Special Attack bar.

Examine Text: "A powerful sword, used by Bandos in the original Godwars."

How to create: Use an unstrung Obsidian Amulet on a "Unholy Steel Blade" Unholy Steel Blade is obtained by using a Steel Longsword with an Unholy Elixer. Unholy Elixer is obtained by mixing a Holy Elixer with a Zammorak wine. 1st step requires 80 crafting, 2nd step requires 85 Prayer, 3rd step requires 70 Herblore.

Magic Weapon

Weapon Name: Doom Bringer

Requirements to use: 85 Attack, 70 Magic

Bonuses:

Attack:

Stab - (-10)

Slash - (0)

Crush - (+5)

Magic - (+50)

Ranged - (+5)

Defense:

Stab - (0)

Slash - (+5)

Crush - (+5)

Magic - (+30)

Ranged - (-10)

Summoning - (+5)

Absorb Melee - (0)

Absorb Magic - (+10)

Absorb Ranged - (-5)

Other:

Strength - (0)

Ranged Strength - (0)

Prayer - (-5)

Magic Damage - (+25%)

Attack Speed Difference: Increases normal spell attack speed by 1.1X

Special Attack: The special attack gives an invisible 4 level magic boost for 1 minute. It also has a chance to give 10-100 prayer points (with the new system), with the ability to go 50 over your prayer level allows. Drains 80% of the special attack bar.

Examine Text: "An Obsidian Encrusted Staff, that was formed from the ashes when Zaros was defeated."

How to create: Use an unstrung Obsidian Amulet on an Unholy Battlestaff. Unholy Battlestaff obtained by using an Unholy Elixer on a Battlestaff. Unholy Elixer obtained the same way as above. Steps require same skills as above.

Ranged Weapon

Weapon Name: Shadow Bow*

Requirements to use: 85 Attack, 80 Ranged

Bonuses:

Attack:

Stab - (-5)

Slash - (-5)

Crush - (-5)

Magic - (-5)

Ranged - (+25)

Defense:

Stab - (0)

Slash - (0)

Crush - (0)

Magic - (+5)

Ranged - (+10)

Summoning - (0)

Absorb Melee - (+5)

Absorb Magic - (+5)

Absorb Ranged - (+15)

Other:

Strength - (0)

Ranged Strength - (+40)

Prayer - (-5)

Magic Damage - (0)

Attack Speed Difference: Barely faster than an "accurate" shot fired from any bow.

Special Attack: Fires three arrows at once, which all become super poisoned** when special attack is used. Uses 50% of Special Attack Bar.

Examine Text: "A strong Obsidian Encrusted bow, said to be crafted by Armadyl Himself."

How to create: Use an unstrung Obsidian amulet on any poisoned bow. Poisoned bow obtained by using a "Bow poison" on any bow. Bow Poison obtained by using a super poison with a Unholy Elixer. Unholy Elixer obtained the same way as above. Creation stat requirements are the same as above.

*Although the item is called a bow, it can fire either arrows or bolts.

**Despite the fact that the special attack "poisons" arrows or bolts, the items them selves aren't poisoned. When you go to pick them up, they'll be the same as normal. They simply have the same chance to poison the enemy as a P++ item would.

Obsidian comes from a mine, only available after a special quest is completed. I'll be writing the quest, and once I have it finished, I can count on you guys to critic it, and give suggestions.

I am open to suggestions for the quest, or to make the items more worth it. I realized that some details are overpowered, while others are underpowered.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

Ok, I revised it down to this -

"Special Attack: Drains 1/2 of users current health, inflicting anywhere from 1/2 as much bonus damage as was drained, to an equal amount as was drained. Uses 60% of Special Attack bar."

How's that sound?

60.png

mertick.png

Also, I'm not really sure where these weapons would fit into the game. The stats and special attacks are pretty lackluster compared to the difficulty in obtaining them as well as the numerous level requirements. And there's better alternatives already in the game. They're good weapons, but they really don't have a niche.

The magic damage bonus for the staff is way too high. Possibly bring it down a notch to 25% bonus (5% higher than chaotic staff) or at the same bonus of a chaotic staff. The special attack isn't all that special. A healing effect or damage bonus would be nice instead.

The bow has better alternatives. Bring the range bonus up to at least dragon bolt standards (or onyx) and possibly make it faster than other bows or crossbows. Crossbows almost always beat bows so this bow would have to be something special to make people want to use it instead of a crossbow. And the range attack bonus is extremely low, like +2 over bronze crossbow low. To me the bow would have to have the same range bonus as a crystal bow and be faster than a crossbow to use it. The loss of being able to use a shield is why bows aren't commonly used.

Does the special attack of the sword add to the damage that was going to be dealt or does it just hit 1/2 of what was drained? Anyway, if these weapons are intended to be anywhere near the best the strength bonus on the sword is extremely low. Kick the strength bonus up a notch. And is the speed similar to a whip or a longsword? In other words, there's currently no reason to use this sword if you're 85+ attack.

For the levels required to use these weapons there are better alternatives to all of them. If you want to keep the levels required to use them and make the weapons worth the cost they all need stat adjustments.

Onyx gems take long enough to obtain to make this just another only the super rich can own it weapon. They would probably need to introduce a new jewel or item obtained by some sort of activity similar to or harder than jad. Maybe even do something awesome and make the item untradeable. Or they could just do it the boring way and make a new boss. The worst way they could go would be to make this a drop from a boss that already exists.

Using onyx will have a huge impact on all things already made of onyx whether they introduce a new way to obtain onyx or not. Using an item that doesn't already exist would be the best way to go.

Thanks for your input - I'll edit the original stats, and take your ideas into consideration. I also forgot to mention 1 thing in the original post for the bow. Those were what the * were for, I just forgot to add it in.

60.png

mertick.png

All 3 weapons are rediculously overpowered.

The only speed below scimitar is rapid shortbow because of runescapes ping system.

The sword would be capable of hitting 540s at rapid shortbow speed. In torva the special would hit 850.

The bow would be throwing knife speed. It would hit 351s and the special could hit 351-351-351 (1053) 3 times in a row. AT THROWING KNIFE SPEED.*

The staff would hardly ever miss in maxed mage gear. And hit 514's with ice barrage at the speed of a scimitar. The special attack is rather useless, thank god.

* You put that the bow would have 80 range strength bonus, but also that we can equip bolts/arrows... What would the bolt/arrow actually do?

Some nice ideas but you'll have to change them drastically to use on runescape as there is no such thing as 'between scimitar and rapid shortbow' it just jumps from one to the other.

CNqWHdA.jpg

First off let me say that I'm sorry you feel that I have dumb ideas.

The weapons are supposed to be amazing - just because you can't read the topic sub-title doesn't mean it isn't there.

They're also supposed to be fast. I realize that they might be too fast, but you could have at least tried to reason that out instead of getting angry. I'll see about editing the attack speed, to make it more fair.

Having a staff that rarely misses isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. Besides, not everyone owns maxed mage gear.

As to answer what the bolt/arrows do - well, I thought it was pretty self explanatory. They act as projectiles, used to cause damage. The ammunition doesn't always need to be unique, or give special bonuses.

Besides, compare that hit you showed us, a 1053 to almost any given boss. That would most likely not even get rid of half their health. Besides, I'd guess that hit is with boosting armor, which again, not everyone has.

You also haven't seen the quest I'm writing yet that is required to obtain the Obsidian used to make these. They are not tradeable.

Thank you for your input anyway, as it helps me make the weapons more fair.

60.png

mertick.png

There comes a point in MMOs where you really start needing a different PVP system for PVM and PVP. Were these weapons introduced, it would be a very good time to implement it lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

First off let me say that I'm sorry you feel that I have dumb ideas.

The weapons are supposed to be amazing - just because you can't read the topic sub-title doesn't mean it isn't there.

They're also supposed to be fast. I realize that they might be too fast, but you could have at least tried to reason that out instead of getting angry. I'll see about editing the attack speed, to make it more fair.

Having a staff that rarely misses isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. Besides, not everyone owns maxed mage gear.

As to answer what the bolt/arrows do - well, I thought it was pretty self explanatory. They act as projectiles, used to cause damage. The ammunition doesn't always need to be unique, or give special bonuses.

Besides, compare that hit you showed us, a 1053 to almost any given boss. That would most likely not even get rid of half their health. Besides, I'd guess that hit is with boosting armor, which again, not everyone has.

You also haven't seen the quest I'm writing yet that is required to obtain the Obsidian used to make these. They are not tradeable.

Thank you for your input anyway, as it helps me make the weapons more fair.

I was just stating the facts and doing some numbers for you so you can see your weapons more accuratley. Actually, the bow calculation wasn't even in void, add an extra 150+ to the total damage...

And for projectiles i still don't understand. So would a bronze arrow do the same as a dragon bolt (e)? Whats the point in having ammunition in the first place? Why not make it like zaryte/crystal bow?

Not everyone owning maxed mage gear is NOT an excuse to have the weapon. This just means those that do will absolutley destroy people that don't, hell, with soul split and constant blood barrage at that level you could probably solo most bosses without food. Just rediculously overpowered.

I was mainly thinking about pvp. Being able to hit 3000+ in 5.4 seconds = Goodfight. And even for bosses with 10000 hp, the highest in the game, this would be over 30% of their health, solo, and you could use spec restore pots to do it again every 30 seconds.

I understand they're supposed to be amazing, but theres a fine line between 'amazing' and 'game breaking' and this is WAY beyond that line. Tweak the stats and speeds a little and it may be promising, as a rule of thumb, if it's more than 20% higher DPS than a chaotic rapier its probably overpowered.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Again, I enjoy your suggestions, as it helps me realize how I can improve these weapons. I don't want to make them game-breaking, so if you think they are, please explain to me how I could make them more fair.

I've taken away the bonus damage dealt by the bow's special attack, to make it more fair.

I see your point with the pvp, so to solve this we'll just say that you can't bring them into the wilderness. If there's a way to prevent lended items from being brought into the wilderness, they can certainly prevent these from being brought into the wilderness, or into certain mini-games.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the Ranged Strength bonus with the bow. I am unaware if any bows currently give a ranged strength bonus, but this one does. It's not the only bonus though. Whatever bolt/arrow you have in there increases your ranged strength by the normal amount it would. I've scaled the bow down to +40 though, to make it a bit more fair.

You'll notice that all of the weapons actually take 5 away from your prayer bonus for balance. This means that even someone with 99 prayer couldn't hold something for too long, because it drains faster. If you think I need to take away even more prayer bonus to balance more, tell me.

I'm afraid you're incorrect in saying that the highest boss hp is 10k, as the first 2 I thought of were higher. Corporeal Beast Nex

Thanks again for your input, I'm trying to make these weapons fair, so please give me all your ideas.

60.png

mertick.png

Again, I enjoy your suggestions, as it helps me realize how I can improve these weapons. I don't want to make them game-breaking, so if you think they are, please explain to me how I could make them more fair.

I've taken away the bonus damage dealt by the bow's special attack, to make it more fair.

I see your point with the pvp, so to solve this we'll just say that you can't bring them into the wilderness. If there's a way to prevent lended items from being brought into the wilderness, they can certainly prevent these from being brought into the wilderness, or into certain mini-games.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the Ranged Strength bonus with the bow. I am unaware if any bows currently give a ranged strength bonus, but this one does. It's not the only bonus though. Whatever bolt/arrow you have in there increases your ranged strength by the normal amount it would. I've scaled the bow down to +40 though, to make it a bit more fair.

You'll notice that all of the weapons actually take 5 away from your prayer bonus for balance. This means that even someone with 99 prayer couldn't hold something for too long, because it drains faster. If you think I need to take away even more prayer bonus to balance more, tell me.

I'm afraid you're incorrect in saying that the highest boss hp is 10k, as the first 2 I thought of were higher. Corporeal Beast Nex

Thanks again for your input, I'm trying to make these weapons fair, so please give me all your ideas.

Well you still don't seem to understand runescape speeds. Runescape combat works on 'ticks' that happen roughly every 0.6 seconds. The fastest weapon, throwing knives, are 1.2 seconds. Rapid shortbows are 1.8 seconds Scimitars are 2.4 seconds Longswords are 3 seconds godswords are 3.6 seconds and so on... You can't be anywhere between these numbers as it's just not possible.

By the way, the bow + an onyx bolt would be 160 range strength... Which hits 652... Some bows have a range strength bonus but do not require ammunition, i think this is the best thing to do, just give it a set range strength and don't allow ammunition, as it's rather pointless as every single person would use rune+ bolts for insane damage. And 5 prayer points is nothing at all, a soulwars cape alone gives +12 prayer points and prayer pots are very cheap, you'd barely even notice a difference. I think a much better negative side effect would be to lower their total hitpoints, so they can't kill bosses too easily and theres no way around it other than constantly using brews, which still wouldn't boost them very high.

You're right about the boss hps, my bad, but that doesn't change the fact the weapons are overpowered :P

CNqWHdA.jpg

HP lowering armour is something you need to be really careful about, to prevent people from dying when they spawn from safe death or something...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Well you still don't seem to understand runescape speeds. Runescape combat works on 'ticks' that happen roughly every 0.6 seconds. The fastest weapon, throwing knives, are 1.2 seconds. Rapid shortbows are 1.8 seconds Scimitars are 2.4 seconds Longswords are 3 seconds godswords are 3.6 seconds and so on... You can't be anywhere between these numbers as it's just not possible.

By the way, the bow + an onyx bolt would be 160 range strength... Which hits 652... Some bows have a range strength bonus but do not require ammunition, i think this is the best thing to do, just give it a set range strength and don't allow ammunition, as it's rather pointless as every single person would use rune+ bolts for insane damage. And 5 prayer points is nothing at all, a soulwars cape alone gives +12 prayer points and prayer pots are very cheap, you'd barely even notice a difference. I think a much better negative side effect would be to lower their total hitpoints, so they can't kill bosses too easily and theres no way around it other than constantly using brews, which still wouldn't boost them very high.

You're right about the boss hps, my bad, but that doesn't change the fact the weapons are overpowered :P

So if a bow can hit 652 it's overpowered but if a chaotic maul can hit 700+ it's not? It would actually help reduce the insane advantage melee has over magic and range on the majority of bosses. A range weapon that can hit 652 is reasonably acceptable. Especially if it can't be used in the wild like the melee weapon mentioned. And the cost it would take to hit that kind of damage. I don't see why we're talking about speeds when all range weapons have three options; accurate, rapid and long range. Why would this bow not have those options. If this bow is supposed to be the best the damage is in line but the range attack bonus should be closer to a crystal bow 10/10, not a maple shortbow. How would this bow make killing bosses any easier than killing them with melee. With the negative bonuses you're referring too this weapon would be obsolete from the start. Bottom line, this bow is not over powered when compared to melee weapons.

Um, just throwing it out there, you do know that most/all bows, especially on rapid, hit like twice as fast as mauls, right? Meaning twice as much potential damage?

You know, rather then give weapon stats, I think it'd be better to give an idea of what you want the weapon to do; maybe state how fast you want the weapon and how it compares against chaotics (since you seem to want them better then chaotics) and let the people who make DPS calculations figure out what appropriate stats are.

Also, if I could make weapons, I'd totally love to make, say, a bow with 999 stab/slash/crush/str bonus. lul

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I never said I want them to be better than chaotics. Comparing something to something else doesn't mean I want it to be better. But if you want to go down that route then what would be the purpose of even making these weapons require higher levels to use if they aren't the best. Or honestly just releasing them at all.

And I wish jagex was cool enough to release a bow with 999 stab/slash/crush/str bonus.

I never said I want them to be better than chaotics. Comparing something to something else doesn't mean I want it to be better. But if you want to go down that route then what would be the purpose of even making these weapons require higher levels to use if they aren't the best. Or honestly just releasing them at all.

And I wish jagex was cool enough to release a bow with 999 stab/slash/crush/str bonus.

Um, you aren't the OP; my comment was more directed at the OP, who's idea these weapons are. Since he is apparently making these weapons overpowered to the point of game breaking, according to people who are able to look at a weapons stats/speed and determine it's exact combat capabilities, the OP should instead determine what he wants it's combat capabilities to be and get the help of someone who is good with those calculations to determine the approximate stats the weapons to achieve that.

Personally, I wish Jagex would diversify monsters somehow so that different weapons are actually needed. Look at the chaotic weapons; they all actually have their uses, it's just that with the current way RS is, rapier has ended up being by far the best weapon.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

So if a bow can hit 652 it's overpowered but if a chaotic maul can hit 700+ it's not? It would actually help reduce the insane advantage melee has over magic and range on the majority of bosses. A range weapon that can hit 652 is reasonably acceptable. Especially if it can't be used in the wild like the melee weapon mentioned. And the cost it would take to hit that kind of damage. I don't see why we're talking about speeds when all range weapons have three options; accurate, rapid and long range. Why would this bow not have those options. If this bow is supposed to be the best the damage is in line but the range attack bonus should be closer to a crystal bow 10/10, not a maple shortbow. How would this bow make killing bosses any easier than killing them with melee. With the negative bonuses you're referring too this weapon would be obsolete from the start. Bottom line, this bow is not over powered when compared to melee weapons.

The difference is the maul hits every 3.6 seconds. The bow, according to your first page, hits every 1.8 seconds. That's 1304 damage for every 800 you do with the maul. That's overpowered. Assuming you used rune bolts and hit about 640 instead of onyx's 652, its only 1k a shot, and you keep 4/5 bolts with your avas. 200 coins per shot, that's only slightly more than chaotic repair charges, and NOTHING compared to the billions you'd be making at nex with this.

You can wear range armour to give a total of 166 range attack bonus + your bow's bonus. So it having low range attack actually makes very little difference, as it would still be very accurate in the above gear, and there is no way to avoid that other than giving it -100 range bonus or something like that.

Insanely overpowered.

CNqWHdA.jpg