Saradomin_Mage

Does anyone know/have any information regarding the following:

Length of Farming Ticks :

- Herbs

- Trees

- Fruit Trees

- Calquat Trees

- Spirit Trees

Disease : When a tick passes, does produce grow a stage and get diseased, or only get diseased?

Time of ticks : At what time does a Farming tick occur? Does it follow Forum time or some form of a player's clock? (IE would my herb and a friend's herb tick at the same time, or would they tick independently?)

Global ticks : Are all ticks linked, except on different timescales? (IE would a herb and a tree tick together, then the herb ticks 5 times by itself, then they both tick together again?) Or do they run completely independent of each other?

Ticks and logging : Suppose a tick takes 6 hours. If the tree ticks and I log out 5 minutes later, is it still 5:55 to the next tick? If I log in say 2 hours later, the tick resets itself to 6 hours, right?

Thanks.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

As i have mainly done herbs for my farming levels (trees on bxpw only) I can only answer herby questions.

herbs take 75 mins to grow with 15 minute ticks.

When they get diseased they do not grow for that stage (fairly certain?).

I've been meaning to check about global ticks / player ticks but never got around to it.

As far as i know, ticks are Global ( i mean disregarding when you plant the herb)

But i could be wrong, but I've been sitting at troll patch far to many times with several people and all of ours are done at the same time. (again, idk if this is a specific time or based on server resets and such)

ticks are independent of the player being logged in/out.

Example: I plant the herb, and say the game ticks 5 minutes later, it would have ticked and will tick again 15 minutes later regardless of the player being logged in watching said herb or off playing ps3.

that being said, i check my herbs every 90 minutes or every 2 episodes of whatever i happen to be watching :P

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Yeah disease = no growth. The tick ends and it gets diseased.

I don't think ticks are global or linked at all, its related to when you plant the item; if it wasn't logging in and out couldn't delay the tick and extend growth time. Plus you'd noticed warped grow times, particular in faster items like herbs because if you happened to plant right before a tick you'd get 1 growth stage done super fast. Eg herbs run 75mins on 15min ticks if you planted 10 seconds before a tick you'd suddenly have a herb just planted but grown 1 tick and it'd only take 60minutes to mature

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not too sure if it's related to when you first plant the herb, I've had herbs that I've planted before that then tick a few seconds later. But logging in and out somehow still delays growth ticks, which might indicate some systematic connection.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think the progress through the stage you're in resets when logging, but that the farming ticks are otherwise global.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 2 weeks later...

Plus you'd noticed warped grow times, particular in faster items like herbs because if you happened to plant right before a tick you'd get 1 growth stage done super fast.

I've had at least 2 or 3 instances where I planted a tree and before I teleported I watched it grow to the next tick.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Maybe it could be that the first farming tick starts when you log in? At least it makes sense to why the tick resets after login.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!