Just WHAT is a solid money gaining activity?

pulli23

In w65 north of the wall at Oziach's house.

Do helm risk fights and practice and get good at it, or get lucky.

Let's face it, everything that makes any sort of decent cash is based on luck, so why not try pking?

Because the average expected profit is always less than 0 when pking.

But you can expect rare drops? Is that how it works?

There's always dragons etc for guaranteed profit.

Staurolite.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In w65 north of the wall at Oziach's house.

Do helm risk fights and practice and get good at it, or get lucky.

Let's face it, everything that makes any sort of decent cash is based on luck, so why not try pking?

Because the average expected profit is always less than 0 when pking.

But you can expect rare drops? Is that how it works?

There's always dragons etc for guaranteed profit.

If the chance of a barrows item is 1/18, and you do 18 chests, you have a 65% chance of getting an item. Do 36 chests and you have a 87% chance of getting an item. And you are fighting computers, who do not learn if you find an effective way to kill them and always fight using the same methods.

PK'ing is different because there's the human factor, you don't know what the other person will do or how he will fight or what he will use. It has a lot of unpredictable variables, unlike PVM where the drop rate is always the same and how the monster acts is always the same. And PK'ing is sum 0, which means whatever profit you earn PK'ing is money someone else lost, so to make money you need to be better then the average person.

I do understand how some people can make money off of this, but in general if a person wants to make money you shouldn't suggest PK'ing. That's like suggesting someone make IRL money via poker. Sure, some people are good at the game and can make tons of money reliably, but the average person is lucky to break even in the long run.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Meh, all I'm saying is bosses aren't guaranteed money either, a dry streak could kill your bank. (Same with pking)

Bosses rely on the law/rule of averages.

Pking/Staking relies on the other dude not scamming you/teleporting.

Bosses WILL profit sooner or later even after a long drystreak.

Pking can consist of a never ending drystreak.

Your argument =/= Valid.

Meh, all I'm saying is bosses aren't guaranteed money either, a dry streak could kill your bank. (Same with pking)

Bosses rely on the law/rule of averages.

Pking/Staking relies on the other dude not scamming you/teleporting.

Bosses WILL profit sooner or later even after a long drystreak.

Pking can consist of a never ending drystreak.

Your argument =/= Valid.

There is no guarantee.

Also why I suggested he practice first then go Pking. If he doesn't like dharok pking, he can do whip risk pking (using claws/ags as spec weapon). Wear some cheap barrows armour (guth top + dragon legs) and target guys in rune. This way you will have the upper hand but still make 800k per kill.

Staurolite.png

Well I'm really seeing a big gab, even here:

Once you earned you basic equipment, and basic levels (piety + bunyip). There's nothing to "aim" for anymore (when considering money-generating activities) until you have gained multiple 100s of millions. Feels like "mid level content" is really stretching thin nowadays.

But please keep the methods coming, I'm personally really interested if I can be proven wrong. Currently I'd say these are valid nowadays:

High level skilling (500-750k)

dragon hunting (600K - 1m hourly)

Barrows (1m-2m hourly)

tds (1.5-2m hourly)

High bosses (3m+ hourly)

I'lll look into the dungeoneering a bit, though I wonder, what would people pay for a dungeon?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'lll look into the dungeoneering a bit, though I wonder, what would people pay for a dungeon?

In w148 you're looking at 1.5m-2.5m a floor per leech, so once you can key sub 40 floors with a leech that becomes good money. Once you get to a high standard at keying leech floors you can join a cc and make 4m+ per leech per floor

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png