Where can i find runescape statistics? (drop rates etc)

Powerfrog

I read runescape wiki like a bible, and because of that i'm pretty knowledgable about runescape even for things i don't have personal experience with. But my main peeve with them, is they very rarely give actual numbers. A bandos chestplate is a 'rare' drop. Yeah. Thanks sherlock. But how rare is 'rare'?

Is there anywhere that has accurate drop rates, at least for the common things like GWD and other bosses?

And how about things such as handcannon chance of exploding @ Level x (Or at the very least @ level 99). I'm sure that's easily guesstimated after a few 100 explosions, but i see no accurate, widely agreed upon figures anywhere.

I swear to god if one of you says 'No-one knows because it's RANDOM' i'll beat you to death with a book of probability and chance. Hey, theres always a chance you'll survive it though, i mean after all, the chance of each bash causing internal bleeding is RANDOM.

Note: I know that jagex don't make this information public. I'm talking about intelligent guesses based on large samples, such as a drop log of 10000 bandos kills, etc.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Your statistics book no doubt explains the principle of sample size. It basically covers every drop rate/chance thing in RS that isn't well known. Also, lots of people can't be bothered to collect data (and who can blame them). All you need to know to play is that you'll blow up less than 4 handcannons per hour :P. Finally there is a problem with reliable data and with merging logs in different formats. There may be a psychological effect, e.g. the people who get lots of drops get more kills overall, the people with massive dry streaks ragequit, causing all active logs to have a bias towards high drop rates (just an example).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

No-one knows because it's RANDOM ;)

On a serious note, I think grimy has a sheet that calculates the explosion rate of handcannons, I'm sure you know where to look.

Obviously the big problem with drop rates is you need to kill a LOT to even have an estimate of an idea on a rate. Effigy rates seem fairly well known though, since the ones that matter seen to have reasonably good drop rates or killrates

Edit: Whynot start a project to pool lots of peoples drop logs? I'm sure a lot of us here keep them

Edited by Octarine19

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Effigy rates are pretty well-known because they aren't too rare, and are extremely valuable to certain players (the efficient data-gathering kind) and also not common enough that it becomes a nuisance to log them (they appear in adventurer's logs, too). Also Vex's theory (which seems to hold) states that effigy rates are based on combat level alone, which makes it really easy to look up the rate for, say, tormented demons and estimate that glacors drop effigies a trifle more often.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Your statistics book no doubt explains the principle of sample size. It basically covers every drop rate/chance thing in RS that isn't well known. Also, lots of people can't be bothered to collect data (and who can blame them). All you need to know to play is that you'll blow up less than 4 handcannons per hour :P. Finally there is a problem with reliable data and with merging logs in different formats. There may be a psychological effect, e.g. the people who get lots of drops get more kills overall, the people with massive dry streaks ragequit, causing all active logs to have a bias towards high drop rates (just an example).

There wouldn't be a bias unless you stop recording information but still keep doing whatever it is you were doing.

Since each trial is presumably independent from each other - it doesn't actually matter when you stop.

(Assuming that drop rate is going to be the same for each person - meaning there aren't random people wearing ROW and random people not wearing ROW and all the data being grouped together as one.)

capt%20kevin.png

There wouldn't be a bias unless you stop recording information but still keep doing whatever it is you were doing.

Since each trial is presumably independent from each other - it doesn't actually matter when you stop.

(Assuming that drop rate is going to be the same for each person - meaning there aren't random people wearing ROW and random people not wearing ROW and all the data being grouped together as one.)

Well, I'm implying that active logs are more likely to get merged, as inactive logs don't get bumped anymore (crucial to an RSOF log for example).

And its also not a random chance of causing internal bleeding. Put down your math book and go take a class in anatomy, you are more likely to get internal bleeding in some areas than in others. Im pretty sure if you hit me in the toe with your big book of chance, Im not gonna get internal bleeding.

On a second note, RS wiki has been proven to be unreliable, so you might want to check out another site/forum to confirm the stuff you read there, just a word of advice

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

And its also not a random chance of causing internal bleeding. Put down your math book and go take a class in anatomy, you are more likely to get internal bleeding in some areas than in others. Im pretty sure if you hit me in the toe with your big book of chance, Im not gonna get internal bleeding.

On a second note, RS wiki has been proven to be unreliable, so you might want to check out another site/forum to confirm the stuff you read there, just a word of advice

Firstly, that's a joke. You're supposed to laugh or sigh at them, not pick out their flaws. (You have no idea how hard i am going to hit you and in which area, to you, it's random.)

Secondly, of course it's "unreliable" as it's edittable by anyone. But what really is reliable? Tip.it? Hell no. Jagex database? I lol'd.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Firstly, that's a joke. You're supposed to laugh or sigh at them, not pick out their flaws. (You have no idea how hard i am going to hit you and in which area, to you, it's random.)

Secondly, of course it's "unreliable" as it's edittable by anyone. But what really is reliable? Tip.it? Hell no. Jagex database? I lol'd.

Well, your first post seemed pretty hardcore, so i missed the joke :unsure:

And second, Jagex=goodjoke, but so far I have found little wrong here on tip.it, and what is wrong is usually corrected asap. Its the main reason I set up camp here instead of other fansites.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff